Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2009, 11:02 pm

Programs: U/A Silver, MR Platinum, HH Gold, Hertz #1Gold
My choice would be the RCC. I have stayed there twice and it was great.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 11:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bsb21
Hi guys!

I am stuck between the JW and RCC and the lounge is a great factor in my choice.

What are the food offering like at the RCC?
An FTer just stayed there last weekend and had this to report re: RCC:

"It was open, but the food offerings was very limited. It used to be much better. And the charges for alcoholic beverages are the same as in the bar."

So, based on that, I'd go for JW. But OVMV.

Cheers.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 11:28 am

Not unique

I had very similar experience at the Park Lane Marriott. The breakfast offerings were also meager, also only cold items. Considering how much they get for this property, I was expecting a grandiose lounge offering great hot selections (at least eggs in the morning) as well as free use of a PC. Nada.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 8:00 am

Programs: M&M Sen,Hyatt Diamond, Mariott Gold,Priority Club Platinum
Just had a stay this weekend.
Overall good experience. Front Desk Staff, Concierge Desk and Lounge were friendly and helpful with directions and assistance.

Was told upgraded to an exec room, although not sure if there is a difference in size.
Stained pillow sheet when in room, but fixed with a quick phone call.

It did allow me access to the lounge which had cold food for bfast
Evenings drinks (including wine and other alcoholic drinks ), a small selection of food and desserts with a hot dish.
Afternoon there were scones and some finger sandwhiches.
(did not indulge much as rate included a full hot buffet bfast and was out seeing London and catching up with friends)

Hard to be impressed by food in European lounges when I compare to Asian Lounges (e.g. JW Mariott Bangkok)

Lounge had an internet terminal and printer for use of guests.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 9:07 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
London Grosvenor House Bord'eaux coupons

I just posted in Coupon Connection to give away some coupons I received from a recent stay.

Bord'eaux (Marriott Grosvenor House restaurant-London) coupons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some vouchers for the Bord'eaux restaurant which I received on a recent stay in London at the Marriott Grosvenor House. They expire on April, 30, 2009. The following are what I am offering:

Complimentary bottle of house wine when two guests have a three course meal. (I have two of these.)

Complimentary cube box of Galettes Goulibeur. One voucher per two guests when spending 15 GBP or more in Le P'tit Cafe.

Complimentary Pintxos - A selection of four Pintxos from the Bar Menu when two guests have a two course meal .(I have no idea what these are!)

Complimentary Coffee when you buy any sandwich at Le P'tit Cafe.

Complimentary Home-made ice cream or Profiteroles with Chocolate Sauce when ordering a steak pommes frites or sea bream.

Let me know what you can use and send me your snail mail address. Will close thread when all are taken.

Last edited by dalm; Mar 17, 2009 at 10:46 am Reason: spelled out available coupons
Old Mar 17, 2009, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FB Silver, EB Silver, RR Silver.
Booked Marriott Grosvenor Square, feel cheated?

Want to say Hi! first, im a new MR Gold so im abit unfamiliar with this forum
I booked GS at 130 Pound/Night. for easter holidays with the 30 days advance rate, the GH was at 300 Pound/Night. so it was a no brainer for me! BUT, today I re-checkd rates and the GS is now at 148 and GH is now at 158! I would have then booked the GH (This is a 21 day advance rate versus the 30 day advance rate)
I feel kind of cheated since, if i dont get it wrong, GH is far superior to GS or am I wrong? Is GS not so bad after all compared to GH?

Thanks in advance^

Last edited by thesimflyer; Mar 17, 2009 at 4:07 pm
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat, TK Gold, *G
I myself am stuck between the GS and RCC.

By what I know the GS is Marriott's flagship hotel in London. However, there is not much info on it here.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 7:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AAdvantage Gold, Air Canada Elite, Avis Pref Select, Hertz Gold,
Contact the hotel directly or contact Marriott guest services and ask to be rebooked at the new rate.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:26 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by cyberdad
Contact the hotel directly or contact Marriott guest services and ask to be rebooked at the new rate.
The OP is booked at the GS and the quoted rate is higher than his booked rate.

I fail to see why he should feel cheated.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 10:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I too am a bit confused on the 'cheated' part. The OP booked a lower rate when he booked, whether it was GS or GH. And even now his rate is less than either.

I personally like (as everyone knows) GH better, but I certainly wouldn't say GS is a dump, so I guess I'm still a bit confused.

But I 'think' what the OP is saying is that if he had known GS/GH later would be that close, he might have gone with GH having read the reports.

I feel for him, but again don't think any cheat involved.

I'd say to the OP - enjoy your stay & check out cyberdad's posts re: GS where he mentions all the great pubs/restaurants etc around. And if you're into museums, definitely stroll up 4 blocks to the fabulous "Wallace Collection". And hey, there's nothing to prevent you from walking 4 blocks to GH for a drink there too.

Cheers.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Silver, EB Silver, RR Silver.
[QUOTE=SkiAdcock;11431289]QUOTE]

Its exactly what I meant^, Im definitly not cheated, just cheated into booking at the GS... Thats how I felt.

Thanks for the advice, will do a search into cyberdad's posts!

Have a wonderfull day guys/gals
Old Mar 23, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
You weren't cheated. You made a decision and the facts changed. I think it is called life...not being cheated.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 9:49 pm

Programs: SkyMiles Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
London Advice

Have searched the forum and didn't really find any help to my question.

I'm requesting your feedback on an upcoming trip to London in May. I can book the 3 for 2 deal at several locations during my stay - Grov Square, Grov House, County Hall or Chancery Court.

Princes are all in the similar range except that Chancery Court seems a bit higher.

Looking for the nicest choice for the money. Seems that maybe Grov Square was recently renovated. Grov House seems to look a bit tired in some of the review photos on other websites, as does County Hall.

Considering location for sightseeing in daytime & West End at night, access to tube, and overall experience for my first trip to London - would appreciate some feedback from those who have been to London recently and stayed at any of these hotels.

Thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 5:48 am

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
Advice

I have stayed at GS, GH and RCC in the last year and would pick GH everytime from now.

I say this coming, from being in the UK and visiting London not to do the tourist thing (whatever that is?), but visit friends.

The rooms to me were all fine, if a little of a strange layout at GH. The CL at both GH and RCC were great. (Did not have time at GS to look for it). GH lounge is better as I feel more relaxed (completely subjective)

Location of all 3 are near a tube station(s) and so not a problem, but buses also run and are a great place to see more of London.

I would suggest having another search as there a lot of information in other threads.

PM with your dates as I have trip in May to London.

Regards,
SM
Old Mar 24, 2009, 5:59 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
Smile Chancery Court Is My Personal Favorite

I have stayed at all four properties and I would recommend the Renaissance Chancery Court. The GH and GS are just a few blocks from one another. The GH is adjacent to Hyde Park midway between the Marble Arch and Hyde Park tube stations (different lines). It is about a 10 minute walk to the stations. The GS is just two short blocks from Oxford Street and is served by the Bond Street tube station and numerous bus lines, many more than the GH. County Hall, across from the Thames, has many rooms with an exceptional view of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and the River. It also is adjacent to the London Aquarium and the London Eye and a short walk to one of London's numerous art museums. None of these three properties have nearby restaurants. The executive lounges are all quite small and their offerings are limited. It has been several years since I stayed at CH and GS and I cannot remember if alcoholic beverages were complimentary or not but I don't think they were. GH does have complimentary cocktails, beer, and wine. But service in the lounge is less than stellar. You can get to the West End theater district, Covent Garden, and the British Museum from GH, GS, and CH in about 40 minutes if you walk briskly.

The CC is 150 meters from the High Holborn tube station on the Picadilly line meaning you can travel to and from LHR without changing trains. It is a 8-10 minute walk to Covent Garden and maybe 12 minutes or so to the British Museum. I think the location is ideal. The service is unbeatable and the executive lounge is by far the best of the hotels you mentioned although you are charged for alcoholic beverages. I think, too, the rooms are somewhat larger than the rooms at the other hotels.

Hope this helps. One final tip, no matter where you stay I would purchase a pre-paid oyster card for the bus and tube. It will save you a bundle of money and make all your travels more convenient. As I recall, the trip from LHR to the City is just over 2 pounds, if you use the oyster card. I think there is a 3 pound deposit on the card but you can claim the refund when you exit the tube at LHR when you depart. Also for theater tickets, go directly to the Leicester Square about 9:30 every morning to purchase your tickets from the Society of London Theater ticket booth for half price plys three pounds service fee. You will be amazed that you will often sit center stage in the first 7 rows. They sell only top price tickets. Go to their website -- http://www.solt.co.uk/tkts.html -- for more information

Enjoy your stay. Remember, even a rainy day in London is a good day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.