Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Palace Hotel, San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Palace Hotel, San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:38 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Hi, does anyone have a contact email address for The Palace concierge please? They seem to ignore the general "info@" email address...
Old Apr 2, 2024, 5:23 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Currently staying, ask away
view-with-a-room likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:34 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC

Today's breakfast spread which I honestly thought was fantastic. I think you could have a great meal without paying the $10 upcharge for the hot buffet.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Today's breakfast spread which I honestly thought was fantastic. I think you could have a great meal without paying the $10 upcharge for the hot buffet.
I actually thought the continental offerings were pretty meager. No yogurt or cereal covered even. Although it looks like you had a lot more pastry options compared to when I was there a few weeks ago.

I had a late breakfast and was going to lunch, so skipped the full buffet, and ended up just nibbling on some fruit and a piece of toast. Not a bad setting to have morning coffee and juice though.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by econ
I actually thought the continental offerings were pretty meager. No yogurt or cereal covered even. Although it looks like you had a lot more pastry options compared to when I was there a few weeks ago.
My reaction to the buffet has always been "looks great, tastes meh." Much lower quality than HR Downtown/SOMA or St. Francis.

Originally Posted by econ
Not a bad setting to have morning coffee and juice though.
The space is indisputably gorgeous.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
My reaction to the buffet has always been "looks great, tastes meh." Much lower quality than HR Downtown/SOMA or St. Francis.

The space is indisputably gorgeous.
I really gotta see that HR breakfast. Seems like there's always a rave about it
Old Jun 16, 2024, 7:10 pm

Interesting article:

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/articl...n-19515421.php

Short version:
The hotel is struggling financially, and has left its neon sign turned off for the last five years to save money. Restoring the sign would be prohibitively expensive, so they asked the San Francisco Historic Preservation Commission for permission to glue LED lights into the letters, instead of using the existing conventional neon bulbs. A preservationist group opposed the hotel's request, saying it could be difficult and dangerous to remove the LED lighting from the porcelain letters, making the change away from neon effectively permanent. The hotel successfully got approval from the council, with one member of the council saying: "The hotel industry is getting crushed. People are struggling in San Francisco, it’s a war zone out there and we’re trying to put more costs on a hotel operator.... I think they’re going to throw their hands up and leave it dark. And that is a really bad solution for us."
Old Jun 16, 2024, 10:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by James Luckard
Might as well title it "why businesses are fleeing California, and SF especially."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.