Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Palace Hotel, San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Palace Hotel, San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old Aug 23, 2023, 8:59 am

Programs: Accor Platnium, Delta Platnium, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
I had a nice short stay here in a Superior Suite on the top floor after my SNA cleared at the 5 day mark. Check-in was quick and the corner suite was in good condition. I choose breakfast as the welcome amenity and confirm the buy-up to hot buffet is still $10 and like others think the quality of food was nothing special but the environment was a nice place to have breakfast. They had recommended making a reservation with the concierge for breakfast (which I did) but it did not seem necessary on my Friday morning visit, plenty of open seats.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by dc2005b
I had a nice short stay here in a Superior Suite on the top floor after my SNA cleared at the 5 day mark. Check-in was quick and the corner suite was in good condition. I choose breakfast as the welcome amenity and confirm the buy-up to hot buffet is still $10 and like others think the quality of food was nothing special but the environment was a nice place to have breakfast. They had recommended making a reservation with the concierge for breakfast (which I did) but it did not seem necessary on my Friday morning visit, plenty of open seats.
nice, I have the superior suite booked as well. would you stay there again?
Old Aug 24, 2023, 8:16 am

Programs: Accor Platnium, Delta Platnium, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mbbash217
nice, I have the superior suite booked as well. would you stay there again?
For sure, I enjoyed the ambiance and really had no problems at all.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 9:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
I booked at this property based primarily on some of the experiences reported in this thread since I’ve moved a majority of my stays to Hyatt and Omni given the lack of elite recognition at Marriott. As a lifetime titanium, no room upgrade, even though multiple room categories available for booking. Inquired after receiving my digital key and was told via chat they’d “pass along the request to the front desk” and never heard back. Room was definitely worn (carpet fraying, thermostat functional but damaged).
Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lilpisher
As a lifetime titanium, no room upgrade, even though multiple room categories available for booking. Inquired after receiving my digital key and was told via chat they’d “pass along the request to the front desk” and never heard back. Room was definitely worn (carpet fraying, thermostat functional but damaged).
I got one of those rooms. I went back downstairs and asked in person and they gave me a Deluxe Suite.

I didn't like the basic room at all, especially not with rates typically in the $400-500 range. My SF stays are going to HR Downtown/SOMA.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I didn't like the basic room at all, especially not with rates typically in the $400-500 range. My SF stays are going to HR Downtown/SOMA.
Definitely agree that the basic rooms are hard to justify at their price point. And good call on going back down - coming from Ambassador at Starwood and now with most of my stays at Hyatt and Omni, I'm not conditioned to "needing to ask" - have come to anticipate exceptional treatment.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Any recent data points on parking costs at hotel and nearby options ?
Old Oct 6, 2023, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by navatwal
Any recent data points on parking costs at hotel and nearby options ?
Marriotts publish this information on the property page. It's $72 plus tax. There's often a very long wait for your car.

The Hearst garage behind the hotel on 3rd is a great deal. SpotHero sometimes offers a daily in and out rate.
Old Oct 10, 2023, 11:55 pm

Programs: Diamond Hilton, Titanium Marriott, Delta DM, President Circle Herz, NIGHTS IN OWN BED 2022 28
Stayed here 2 nights ago Titanium on FHR Amex reservation. Received credit for stay, used $100 on Piper restaurant food is okay. parking is $72 but they recharge my Tesla for free so that's a plus

Last edited by Diamondkellen; Jan 28, 2024 at 8:30 am
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:17 pm

anyone have an email contact here? trying to prepay for a stay
Old Jan 28, 2024, 7:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP

Just finished staying here with my partner (Gold Elite) on FHR. Pretty nice stay and we enjoyed the benefits. Upgraded from Superior Room to Deluxe Room. Received a box of chocolate.

I thought that the FHR breakfast was only continental, but we received a full breakfast (Platinum and higher gets $30/person for breakfast.)

Pied Piper was the only place opened for bar/dinner. Pretty expensive- $29 burger and $12 glass of beer. FHR took care of them. Free coffee in the morning at GC2GO starting at 6:30am.

Overall it was a nice stay. Our rate was $280. Standard rate on Marriott was about the same; however, it was like $180 with AAA.
SPN Lifer, Adelphos and atojbk like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:55 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
TV channels

Hi, I am staying at The Palace for 6 nights. Coming from the UK and want to watch the international rugby (6 Nations, Wales v England) on Saturday morning. Does anyone know if it is likely they will have Peacock Premium (NBC) channel on TV? Otherwise may have to find a Irish bar that is open at 8.30am...
Old Feb 5, 2024, 3:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
Does anyone know if it is likely they will have Peacock Premium
Zero chance. That is not a TV channel, but is a streaming service akin to Netflix.
To Eat.To Drink likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Zero chance. That is not a TV channel, but is a streaming service akin to Netflix.
And to that point, should be able to subscribe for a month while you're in town and stream cast to the in room TV from any mobile device.
To Eat.To Drink likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 3:37 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Thanks for the replies. Will see if I can subscribe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.