Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Palace Hotel, San Francisco [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Palace Hotel, San Francisco [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: SPG- Platinum, Marriott- Gold, United- Platinum, Hertz- 5 Star
Recent stay

Stayed here with my wife for 5 nights. The property is immaculate. This is the 5th Luxury Collection hotel that we've stayed at and it was as nice as expected. With that said, they seem to not care much about the SPG loyalty program. The staff didn't know about welcome amenities. We also had difficulty with room availability at check-in. They kept telling us to come back every 30 minutes to see if our room was ready..eventually 5pm rolled around and I called my ambassador.

Multiple hotel staff left a sour taste in our mouths, so much so that we cancelled our stay later on in the week at the W. I've been brainwashed by SPG so I'll keep staying at their properties, it is just harder to convince my wife to do so...

All in all, great property, mediocre staff.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by cwgators22
With that said, they seem to not care much about the SPG loyalty program. The staff didn't know about welcome amenities. We also had difficulty with room availability at check-in. They kept telling us to come back every 30 minutes to see if our room was ready..eventually 5pm rolled around and I called my ambassador.
I didn't have issues with my welcome amenity, but I will say that I think part of the problem they have with room availability is related to a) them providing late checkout to Platinum members (although they told me they could only do a 2pm late checkout during my last stay) and b) them locking in specific rooms (rather than room categories) for upgrades and regular stays rather than making the first room available. This is how I took it when they told me "your room is not ready yet" rather than "a room is not ready for you at this time."
Old Sep 14, 2015, 10:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jibi
they told me they could only do a 2pm late checkout during my last stay
They can say whatever they want, but never forget that 4pm is a guaranteed benefit. (This is neither a resort nor a convention center property.)
Old Sep 20, 2015, 11:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Stayed here a few weeks ago for the first time.

Pros:
LM-esque, if you like that
Nice bathroom
Comfy bed
Quiet room
Well-appointed
MAGC-eligible
Friendly front desk staff

Cons:
Bell service absent (waited :30)
The single worst desk configuration I have experienced in any hotel (intense light brightness, low desk height, very close proximity to TV, etc.)

Not sure I would stay there again simply because of the desk, a phrase that I didn't imagine ever saying.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Any recent stay reports here as a platinum, especially platinum breakfast benefit?

thanks in advance.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:24 am

Programs: KL Platinum
I stayed at the Palace just after Thanksgiving for 4 nights. Booked standard room with BRG, no real upgrade to speak of (I got a room on the 8th floor on Montgomery street, so with a bit of a nice view and quite ok in terms of street noise).
Continental breakfast in the Garden court was really excellent, continental includes a lot of choices and I didn't feel the need for hot items. Upgrade however is just $7 if you wish.
Altogether it was a wonderful stay.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Nice hotel and I've always gotten an upgrade. Sometimes a suite and sometimes to a "Market King". The MK room is actually larger than the junior suites. Service is very inconsistent (sometimes turn down service, some nights not). Not a fan of the renovation style but the beds remain amazing! Solid hotel and good location.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:41 pm

Is the Sunday brunch available as an upgrade to the SPG platinum breakfast benefit?
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Delta, United, Marriott, British Airways, Virgin, American
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Is the Sunday brunch available as an upgrade to the SPG platinum breakfast benefit?
I just called the hotel because I hAve a reservation in March.
The Platinum amenity is cold pastries, juice, and coffee only.
You can upgrade to buffet for $7 dollars, they tell me.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
Any recent stay reports here as a platinum, especially platinum breakfast benefit?

thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by Robinjoym
I just called the hotel because I hAve a reservation in March.
The Platinum amenity is cold pastries, juice, and coffee only.
You can upgrade to buffet for $7 dollars, they tell me.
Stayed here many times, the breakfast upgrade is as noted $7 and its well worth it IMO. For US *wood I think the Palace has one of the best breakfast buffets - even after they downsized the pastry section a bit.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
On Sundays, breakfast is 7-10am and brunch 10am-1.30pm.

I wouldn't expect the breakfast coupon to work for brunch.

Having said that, one morning, we woke up late and missed the buffet breakfast. They let us use our platinum breakfast coupon for the breakfast menu in the bar.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Is anyone else having issues applying SNAs online at this property? All of my stays show as ineligible, but I'm not sure why, they're all on BRG or BAR rates, booked through Starwood.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 12:40 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by donotblink
Is anyone else having issues applying SNAs online at this property? All of my stays show as ineligible, but I'm not sure why, they're all on BRG or BAR rates, booked through Starwood.
me too, same problem.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 1:55 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by donotblink
For BRG rates, call or chat SPG to apply SNAs manually. Had the same problem with another property.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
For BRG rates, call or chat SPG to apply SNAs manually. Had the same problem with another property.
I'm also seeing this issue with rooms booked at the Best Available Rate.

But, if you want to apply a Suite Night Award to a Best Rate Guarantee approved claim, you usually can do it yourself.

Click the button that says "Set Stay Preferences", click ok, go back to your reservation, you should be able to apply a Suite Night Award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.