Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Palace Hotel, San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old Aug 13, 2016, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
Print Wikipost

Palace Hotel, San Francisco [Master Thread]

Old Mar 23, 2013, 3:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Breakfast in the Garden Court - not to be missed!

We enjoyed a 2-night stay @ The Palace over the President's Day weekend. The Plat breakfast amenity was indeed the highlight of our stay.......full buffet in the Garden Court, an experience not to be missed!! Agree with others that the property is dated. But you cannot beat the location! The Montgomery Street entrance is just steps away from the BART, max. 40 minutes from SFO (why stay at the airport?). We walked from the hotel to Chinatown, the Embarcadero, etc. Prefer this area over Nob Hill, which is quite a climb!
Old Mar 23, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by andreirublev
That's disappointing. The history of this hotel is one of the reasons I like it.
I attend a conference at this hotel every year in May. The bar is a common gathering place after the last sessions. The Maxfield Parish painting was the only thing to distinguish it; without it, the Pied Piper is just another dark bar with no windows and over-priced drinks. Sad.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 7:45 am

Pied Piper -- gone?
Old Mar 23, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, UA PLAT, AmEx Plat
i have stayed there about 20 nights this year.
The hotel itself is VERY dated. The bar food is just terrible, drinks are expensive, I avoid that bar like the plague. Platinum benefit breakfast is good though.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by volklboy
Pied Piper -- gone?
Just the art.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moshennik
i have stayed there about 20 nights this year.
The hotel itself is VERY dated. The bar food is just terrible, drinks are expensive, I avoid that bar like the plague. Platinum benefit breakfast is good though.
The bar is very expensive. And you know what? It is typically full, with drinks-a-flowin. What a great business model!

As for me, I'd rather go around the corner to Dave's for a nightcap. It is like 3-for-1 happy hour all the time as compared to the Palace drinks. And it is more social.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, UA PLAT, AmEx Plat
Eastbay1k, agree.. it's always full with "convention" crowd. These people keep ...... bars and restaurants in business.. more power
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://sanfrancisco.grubstreet.com/2...ural-gone.html

It is staying after all. Now they can raise the prices!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:34 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I'm interested in getting a suite at the Palace, but would like two rooms, so the baby can sleep in one, while we hang out in the other.

Looks like the junior suites are one room, while the superior suites are two separate rooms, is that right?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: SPG Plat / Marriott Plat / Hertz PC
I am going to stay here at the end of the month and wanted confirm with recent travelers that the plat breakfast is a full buffet vs. continental.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by vrundmc
I am going to stay here at the end of the month and wanted confirm with recent travelers that the plat breakfast is a full buffet vs. continental.
Not sure on what basis you're "confirm"ing it, but, it's not. Continental portion of the buffet, with a buy up opportunity.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by clublounger
Not sure on what basis you're "confirm"ing it, but, it's not. Continental portion of the buffet, with a buy up opportunity.
They finally got there act together by labeling the items on the buffet continental. It's a generous labeling, smoked salmon, cold cuts, cheese etc. are included. Buy up is reasonable too (I think $7).
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
I'm interested in getting a suite at the Palace, but would like two rooms, so the baby can sleep in one, while we hang out in the other.

Looks like the junior suites are one room, while the superior suites are two separate rooms, is that right?
I haven't stayed in an junior suites but the suites above that class are two separate rooms. The pictures on the web site seem to confirm that jr. suite is one room.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 5:36 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold, RA, QF Gold, UA 1K
Palace Hotel, San Francisco 2006 - [Master Thread]

I checked with my ambassador and she confirmed with the hotel that the breakfast is continental - and in case you are wondering - you have to choose between breakfast and 500points... (Some properties give both)
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: SPG Plat / Marriott Plat / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by clublounger
If you look at Antonio8069's post above, "full buffet" is listed. On the main SPG Plat Breakfast thread, it lists continental. Just asking...

Originally Posted by beachfan
They finally got there act together by labeling the items on the buffet continental. It's a generous labeling, smoked salmon, cold cuts, cheese etc. are included. Buy up is reasonable too (I think $7).
Thank you. This sounds like the continental offering at the Westin Bayshore. I haven't had a better continental offering in North America except maybe the St. Regis Bal Harbour and that is only because of mimosas being included. Are there numerous hot choices for the full buffet? Usually, the hot portion only includes eggs, some type of pancake/waffles, and potatoes. It's never enough of a choice for me to buy up but I hear good things about the Palace .

Last edited by vrundmc; Jul 4, 2013 at 7:22 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.