Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Happened to see a post by UnderEst in the Travel Health & Fitness thread; the Marriott part is below. Thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone wanted to use the sauna (the post was part of a thread about nudity in German spas).

"I recently used the sauna at the Munich Marriott Hotel and they had an English placard placed next to the door on the sauna that clearly stated swimsuits and any garments other than a towel are not allowed in the sauna."

Cheers.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by nissan720
I just saw on tripadvisor that the Courtyard Munich City Center is doing/starting renovations.

Does anyone know when the work will be complete? I plan to visit in 2 weeks and would like to be able to sleep in.

Thanks,
Nissan
I stayed at this property a few weeks ago, and I did not notice any renovations taking place. I'm not sure what was improved with any recent renovations, but it seemed fairly standard (not bad, but nothing special either).
Old Jul 23, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LatinAmericaFlyer
I stayed at this property a few weeks ago, and I did not notice any renovations taking place. I'm not sure what was improved with any recent renovations, but it seemed fairly standard (not bad, but nothing special either).
Most notably the renovation changed the color-scheme at the hotel, e.g. the red-green carpets are replaced by a brown carpet and the blue/green love-seats by a yellow one. My guess (from the photos on marriott.com) is that the renovation is completed by now - might be nothing spectacular, but still nice to see the refreshed rooms...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
This thread is very confusing. Heads up to new readers of this thread - Last 4 pages or so (about 8-10 posts per page) are apparently all about the Munich Airport Marriott, which is usually not clear just from reading the individual posts.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by GrizShel
This thread is very confusing. Heads up to new readers of this thread - Last 4 pages or so (about 8-10 posts per page) are apparently all about the Munich Airport Marriott, which is usually not clear just from reading the individual posts.
That's a problem w/ any of the "family" threads. Oftentimes people will post re: a particular property in response to another post but the other post might not necessarily be the one immediately above it. Some of us ask for folk to identify the properties (again, this is a generic family thread problem), but can't force FTers to do so. I normally do a search for a property specific thread before going to family threads (unless I'm looking for comparison between properties, then I might start with a family thread).

And a tip for folk - you can set your page views to 25 posts per page.

Cheers.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Just returned from a two night stay at the Munich FS (not the one at the airport). Overall, I'd rate this a "mehh" stay.

I was "upgraded" to a Jr. Suite but the room was oddly arranged with all kinds of weird angles making it a bit clumsy. There was a woeful lack of lighting in the room, i.e., not a single table lamp to be found. There were several lamps hung from the wall on either side of the bed, a standing lamp on the far side of the bedroom, and a work lamp on the desk (in the living room portion) but otherwise the room was extremely dark. The air conditioning did not have temperature markings on the control just graduations from +5 to 0 to -5. Despite being set on the -5 for two days, the room never really cooled to my satisfaction.

Of course as noted in the sticky, there is no lounge but a full breakfast was made available on both Friday and Saturday morning. The variety and quality were very good. The hotel appeared to be full of a large tour group so if you tried to get breakfast between 8 and 9 AM, there were literally 50 people standing in line.

Bottom line: I probably won't stay there again.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Anything new on the Marriott-family in Munich? We'll be there in October (after Oktoberfest, TYVM), and I am getting a little overwhelmed and confused. Mostly, I don't understand the neighborhoods. There was a Courtyard that looked promising (near Marienplatz), but apparently there are lots of strip clubs around it, making the neighborhood somewhat dodgy at night according to some reviewers. Others sing its praises.

Another thing: are we going to want to be close to all the sights? Or will we be better off in Schwabing? My wheelchair is always the issue, and dictates our hotel preferences. Like I said, overwhelmed . . .
Old Mar 2, 2017, 3:59 pm

ysolde, if the CY you're referring to is the City Center one the neighborhood isn't that bad. I stayed there a few years ago. The last time I was in Munich I stayed at the Ren, but that's left the family. BTW - there's an Autograph Collection property opening in June, although I don't know much about its location. I'll send you a PM re: someone you might ask some of your questions.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Mar 2, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Old May 30, 2018, 2:47 pm

This is in reference to the Courtyard Munich City East, located near the Ostbahnhof. It used to be, as I posted sometime back, that the Courtyard East gave Platinums complimentary breakfast (in the adjacent Residence Inn dining room). That, I am told, is no longer the case.

I was there recently and inquired about the complimentary breakfast for Platinums and was told that is no longer offered. They said they were a franchise and as such did not have to follow Marriott's rules. Be warned.
Old May 30, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Counsellor
This is in reference to the Courtyard Munich City East, located near the Ostbahnhof. It used to be, as I posted sometime back, that the Courtyard East gave Platinums complimentary breakfast (in the adjacent Residence Inn dining room). That, I am told, is no longer the case.

I was there recently and inquired about the complimentary breakfast for Platinums and was told that is no longer offered. They said they were a franchise and as such did not have to follow Marriott's rules. Be warned.
Until August, breakfast isn't a published benefit at Courtyards... Being a franchisee or corporate owned shouldn't have been cited as the reason.
It is disappointing that they don't anymore if they used to do it anyway, however.

Last edited by PrancingPonyGoldMember; May 30, 2018 at 3:10 pm Reason: Adding a sentence.
Old May 31, 2018, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by PrancingPonyGoldMember
Until August, breakfast isn't a published benefit at Courtyards.
True for within the United States, but I recall that Courtyards outside North America were to offer breakfast to Platinums (and I think Golds as well).
Old May 31, 2018, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Counsellor
True for within the United States, but I recall that Courtyards outside North America were to offer breakfast to Platinums (and I think Golds as well).
Outside of the US, CYs are not required to offer free brekkie to Gold/Plats (changes in August). CY MUC East was one that did offer it to Plats. In Asia it's common for G/Ps to get offered free brekkie or access to the exec lounge if there is one, but that's Asia specific. Sorry to hear that CY MUC East did away w/ the brekkie, but come August it will have to comply w/ Marriott rules even if it is a franchise. The comment was dumb by the staff; they should have just said free brekkie is not a brand standard, we chose to offer it for a while but have discontinued it vs. saying they didn't have to comply w/ MAR rules. I'll delete the property from the exec lounge sticky.

Cheers.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Any preferences for Marriott or SPG hotels in Munich? I was thinking of the Marriott Munich, Westin, or Le Meridian, but open to any option. Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2018, 1:21 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MarkP24
Any preferences for Marriott or SPG hotels in Munich? I was thinking of the Marriott Munich, Westin, or Le Meridian, but open to any option. Thanks!
This is a timely question. My wife (MR/SPG Plat) is staying in Munich for a girlie-weekend later this year & she had the same dilemma. In the end, for them, it came down to location (had to be city centre/close to train for airport/modern-fresh rooms) & they picked the Marriott Courtyard City Centre, which seems to fit the bill quite nicely. They were not that driven by lounge/brekkie benefits but I believe Courtyards will provide comp brekkie by the time that they stay (September) which is a “bonus” that they may utilise.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 12:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Marriott/SPG Around Munich Central Station Safe?

I'm really torn. I've been looking at both the Courtyard City Center and The Le Meridien Munich. The hotels themselves seem to get good reviews but the reviews of their location is less than stellar. I'm not too worried about the sex shops that some have mentioned but I've also read that are quite a bit of gangs of young refugees doing drugs and causing trouble in front of the hotels and around the station.

The main reason I was looking at this area was for the location which is only a mile away from Alstadt and other historic parts of Munich. Also, we will be traveling with EU Rail passes so we wanted to be close and convenient to the station for day trips by taking advantage of my Platinum late checkout benefit. I'm wondering if we should stay at the Marriott or the Sheraton instead. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.