Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Well, aren't all F/S hotels in Hawaii resort hotels, so the mention of those are superfluous as no breakfast is provided free of charge.

I don't think that the T/S offering is that awful considering the higher costs for NYC, although of course, I would prefer hot offerings, as well.

Santa Ynez is just cheap, but that is within the terms of the rules, so one has to live with it.
Those menu items I posted are from the PAID breakfast menu for those hotels, not what they offer elites. Chain of events:

I asked on Insiders what was required for hotels to offer for breakfast. The response from a Marriott rep was that the Good/Healthy Start Buffet is the minimum they must offer.

I went to a few Marriott restaurant websites to see what that is.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
For Renaissance Düsseldorf, the breakfast offer is 2 per room, so if you are 3 adults stating in a suite, the third person has to pay.

I see this as a trend too, more hotels make use of the E+1 and downsizing their breakfast offerings. I am not surprised when they told me this at Crystal city Marriott, but I was surprised when I was told at renaissance Düsseldorf, as the hotel is fairly children friendly and they used to really take care of elites.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Those menu items I posted are from the PAID breakfast menu for those hotels, not what they offer elites. Chain of events:

I asked on Insiders what was required for hotels to offer for breakfast. The response from a Marriott rep was that the Good/Healthy Start Buffet is the minimum they must offer.

I went to a few Marriott restaurant websites to see what that is.

Understood. I have not patronized HHonors but I don't think that their breakfast for Gold or higher is much off that mark.

As far as I can remember, it was always a Continental that was promised -- but that hotels often exceeded that.

I don't take that Munich Airport property as indicative in any event, the off - airport hotels often nickel and dime their patrons as the only true airport hotel at Munich is the Kempinski transitioning to a Hilton.

The off airport vicinity hotels often charge for parking, even though some of them are near open fields, etc.

This is just an example of a hotel maximizing its position and bottom line, as the train ride into Munich, while convenient, is not altogether inexpensive, so they do what they can get away with -- and this hotel cutting back on breakfast items does not surprise me in the least.

Again, the one hotel complained of does not a trend make, but even if it were, the rules have been there and so have an unstated if implicit rule that puts a maximum on the number of occupants entitled to same. Further, if some state that it should be higher, well many of the hotels are racing towards a leaner offering, and if you find a system wide chain that is in many areas and offers more than 2 to the lounge, then more power to you.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Mar 11, 2015 at 11:57 am
Old Mar 11, 2015, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't really have a problem with the Good/Healthy start buffet as a minimum. I can cobble together a meal out of that. My issue, which noone at Marriott wants to address, is that the T and C's say continental but don't define what that is. Anywhere. And there's no recourse if you believe the offering doesn't meet the minimum requirement.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I don't really have a problem with the Good/Healthy start buffet as a minimum. I can cobble together a meal out of that. My issue, which noone at Marriott wants to address, is that the T and C's say continental but don't define what that is. Anywhere. And there's no recourse if you believe the offering doesn't meet the minimum requirement.
So it would seem that the cereal, fruit, a few pastries that the OP reported is within the rules mentioned by the Insider, as I am sure that he just left out the drinks offered on the buffet.

Later he notes, that the welcome offering of a drink is provided, and that is nowhere required by the rules for hotels without lounges, as this place appears to be.

Again, he is carping about the cut back on his formerly "rich" breakfast in the restaurant in lieu of a lounge breakfast, since there is no lounge. It's a hotel cost cutting measure and the OP, although stating that this was to be a warning to all elites, readily admits that he does not stay at Marriott properties all that often anymore, so in reality, he has no idea the state of the breakfast offerings most of the rest of us encounter in our sojourns at Marriott properties.

He became angry and agitated when a number mentioned that his post was of little use, but it does seem that they were right in the end -- after all, the title of this thread intoned that all Marriott properties were cutting back on their breakfast offerings -- when nothing was further from the truth.

He was reporting on only 1 specific property, and while knowledge of same is quite useful -- with respect to that hotel and its disposition towards elite members -- it is nowhere near the veil of doom that the previous title invoked.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:10 pm
Suspended

Actually, this entire thread would be better placed in the general Munich hotel thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ls-munich.html
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Just a note to the Mods that the thread is about the Munich Airport Marriott, not the Munich Marriott (located in the city).
I think this was overlooked when they changed the thread title.

It has been several years since I stayed at the Munich Marriott in the city, so no idea what they currently offer for breakfast.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Just a note to the Mods that the thread is about the Munich Airport Marriott, not the Munich Marriott (located in the city).

It has been several years since I stayed at the Munich Marriott in the city, so no idea what they currently offer for breakfast.
I had asked for it to have Airport in the title as I agree that it does a disservice to the regular Marriiott that I think may have a lounge or put one in some time ago?

It too, however, is not located in downtown Munich.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Actually, this entire thread would be better placed in the general Munich hotel thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ls-munich.html
Done.
Originally Posted by goodeats21

Yes, I fixed it.
I had asked for it to have Airport in the title as I agree that it does a disservice to the regular Marriiott that I think may have a lounge or put one in some time ago?

I was going too fast! Now, it's fixed.

Bruce
Old Mar 11, 2015, 4:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bdschobel
Done.Yes, I fixed it.
I was going too fast! Now, it's fixed.

Bruce
No problem and thanks!!
Old Mar 14, 2015, 2:38 pm

goodeats21 did not say it was located "in downtown Munich." (S)he said it was located "in the city" which it is, as contrasted to the Munich Airport which is located in a suburb, nearer the airport but about a half hour outside the central city.

The hotel is six stops on the subway (U-6) from Marienplatz, about 10 minutes travel.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Counsellor
goodeats21 did not say it was located "in downtown Munich." (S)he said it was located "in the city" which it is, as contrasted to the Munich Airport which is located in a suburb, nearer the airport but about a half hour outside the central city.

The hotel is six stops on the subway (U-6) from Marienplatz, about 10 minutes travel.
I know that, you know that, good eats knows that, but most people would assume that if we are talking of a Marriott full serve property that it would be located in the downtown city core -- as most Marriott properties are so located.

As you have described in detail, however, the full serve Marriott is, surprisingly, nowhere near the downtown, rather it is in/near the university district, although, the U bahn station is nearby making for a fairly quick trip into downtown.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
I just saw on tripadvisor that the Courtyard Munich City Center is doing/starting renovations.

Does anyone know when the work will be complete? I plan to visit in 2 weeks and would like to be able to sleep in.

Thanks,
Nissan
Old May 11, 2015, 11:10 am
Suspended

My brother is thinking of staying at the Full Serve property in Schwabbing this summer with his wife and 3 teenage kids.

Any advice on recent experiences would be most appreciated especially about 3 in a room and pool and other amenities at the hotel. Recommended restaurants in the area, etc.

I see from a Tripadvisor post and response from the hotel from March of this year, they still are offering Platinum members and 1 guest from the room the quasi-lounge benefit that they offer.

Correct me if I am wrong, but since my brother is also a Platinum member, the other room he books would also be subject to receiving Platinum lounge benefits -- including the quasi lounge, the comp breakfast, etc. for up to 2 guests in that room, as well? Right?

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; May 11, 2015 at 11:29 am
Old May 11, 2015, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Correct me if I am wrong, but since my brother is also a Platinum member, the other room he books would also be subject to receiving Platinum lounge benefits -- including the quasi lounge, the comp breakfast, etc. for up to 2 guests in that room, as well? Right?
I think Marriott's T&Cs say bennies apply to Plat member's room only (going from memory when it's cropped up on other threads). Based on vague memory from other threads, some hotels extend it to both rooms. Others don't. So typical YMMV.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.