Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Besides posting here, have you contacted the property management? They are the ones that can put changes in play, good or bad. All too often staff will blame someone else for a drop in service. The finger pointing to corporate usually shuts people up.

Let them know you dropped HH for doing the same thing.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum 75, Marriott Platinum Elite
Cool

Originally Posted by dayone
It's surprising that you believe that. Since a free breakfast is of such importance to you, another hotel might be a better choice.
dayone: thank you for that all-to-reaffirming 'I am on Flyertalk' reception. You are your ilk are USELESS...so spare me your nonsense. Why is it so many of you 'kill the messenger?!!!' "If you don't like it, perhaps you should find a new hotel!" I will, thank you! And with 15 years of constant travel, I actually AM able to make a few comparisons! Please, tell me what else a Marriott Platinum gets other than the free (formerly deluxe) breakfast? Remember now...I am a Lifetime Gold; so I have a few Marriott nights under my belt. I was simply trying to inform fellow Flyertalk members, and Marriott as well, that I view this distinct downgrade as unacceptable. But thank you for the all-too-predictable...find another hotel answer. Mindless!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to the Marriott Rep on Insiders the minimum breakfast that should be offered is the "healthy start buffet"

I asked what to do about hotels that don't meet that minimum like Ghent with their plate of meat/cheese/bread and got no response.

What exactly did their continental breakfast consist of?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum 75, Marriott Platinum Elite
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SacTownGuy
The minute a thread starts "A hotel employee told me..." you know it's about to have things stated that are not actual Marriott policy.
Well...it clearly stated it on the breakfast card I was given, as well! But bury you head in the sand and hope for the best. Works for me!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by escapefromphl
You are misunderstanding what Marriott status is. If it doesn't work you try a SPG platinum challenge, but I promise the breakfast gaurantee isn't any better.
Really? REALLY? I am a Lifetime Marriott Gold, and a few stays from Lifetime SPG Platinum (so I don't need a challenge, but thank you)...and I am misunderstanding? Oh? You too, can stick your head deep in the sand, and hope for the best. I hope that works out for you!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is in dispute is this:

Marriott's corporate policy is that the MINIMUM to be offered in the lounge, or in the restaurant if no lounge, is the cold "healthy start buffet"

The hotel employee told you that is all they are allowed to offer. Is that what the card said? That they are not allowed to offer more?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
what exactly did their continental breakfast consist of?
Cereal and fruit. And a few pastries.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
We know that hotels with no lounges (or lounges that are closed on weekend) have to offer cont'l brekkie per Marriott T&Cs. But it is not a universal cont'l brekkie only; hotels can choose to do more. Marriott Insiders confirmed that long ago.

Some only offer that; some offer more. Some that have offered more now offer less (which it sounds like this property is doing). Some that have offered less are now offering more.

I'll update the exec lounge sticky to reflect that this property has switched to cont'l brekkie offering.

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by iztok
Hm.... you were already not so loyal. You moved away, they reduced the offering. It looks like you have no problems with your move.
Ahhh...brilliance!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by njcommodore
There are so many factually incorrect things in this post I don't know where to start:

Simply not true. Each hotel can decide what to do. At a Ren in Atlanta I was at a few weeks ago I was given up to $15/person to use at the restaurant.

How do golds effect your life? A more crowded lounge? Less upgrades? As a plat your upgrade percentage shouldn't change.

Maybe the hotel you stayed at didn't have premium internet. Most full service hotels do. The free premium speed makes streaming netflix, etc work very nicely. I appreciate the perk.

Looks like you feel Marriott isn't the hotel for you any more. If you want to leave, that's a decision you need to make.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
...See my reply to dayone! And thank you for your keen analysis!! Your wisdom is useful! NOT!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg93
Cereal and fruit. And a few pastries.
Buffet or a plate brought to your table? Beverages included?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:44 am

GeorgiaDawg93, you've gone past your initial heads up re: this particular property to state reasons why you've switched your stays to other chains & why you're probably going to leave Marriott behind.

The reasons for your decision are valid for you. The reason you're leaving may not be as important to others. But to post & then when others comment be rude to them saying they're being rude to you is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black & adds nothing to the conversation.

If you're unhappy with Marriott, then let your $$ do the talking & switch to another chain. Keep in mind, there is no perfect chain & most have been devaluating over the years.

As mentioned, I'll update the exec lounge sticky to reflect the property only offers cont'l brekkie now.

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Buffet or a plate brought to your table? Beverages included?
Buffet (a small one though). Drinks included, just no hot food.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:52 am

GeorgiaDawg93, I updated the exec lounge sticky to reflect it's cont'l brekkie only now.

I noticed in the last update we had (06/23/14) that it also said this: "voucher for 1 snack & 1 drink per person for 2 guests in bar ("snack" is ordered off the bar menu and anything can be ordered, so its more like a full dinner than a snack)".

Can you confirm if they're still offering the voucher for a snack & drink for the evening, or has that changed too? Please advise & I'll further update the sticky.

Cheers.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
GeorgiaDawg93, I updated the exec lounge sticky to reflect it's cont'l brekkie only now.

I noticed in the last update we had (06/23/14) that it also said this: "voucher for 1 snack & 1 drink per person for 2 guests in bar ("snack" is ordered off the bar menu and anything can be ordered, so its more like a full dinner than a snack)".

Can you confirm if they're still offering the voucher for a snack & drink for the evening, or has that changed too? Please advise & I'll further update the sticky.

Cheers.
Sharon, they are still offering that! And it's a good one! I was able to flex my order a bit, which was nice! And I felt the need to respond! I was loyal, to Marriott...and still am. However, the oh so predictable you're wrong, or you should find another chain...when I am simply pointing out failings (in my opinion), based on decades of experience...is counterproductive! I am trying to better Marriott...I am still a Lifetime Gold, and will wish to travel with my family in the future! This devaluing of breakfast is, to me, a big one! And the negative responses directed at me, will always be met with a response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.