Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:26 am

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It's one of the reasons on all threads we look for recent updates on properties as well as brekkie/exec lounge policy.

Cheers
Thanks Sharon for highlighting the importance of updated info. I thought this news was not so new since closing of Ren Munich got its own thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post16070086
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:25 am

Does Marriott Munich provide free breakfast for Gold members?

hi,

i am planning to stay in Marriott Munich for two weeks in July with wife and two young kids. I am a Gold member, not a Platinum. Does anybody know if they provide free breakfast for Gold?

many thanks for the assistance!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by qcdthemouse
hi,

i am planning to stay in Marriott Munich for two weeks in July with wife and two young kids. I am a Gold member, not a Platinum. Does anybody know if they provide free breakfast for Gold?

many thanks for the assistance!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13849211-post1.html

Cheers.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
thanks for the info! just curious why the Munich courtyard CC and East only offer free breakfast for Plat while the Munich Marriott seem to offer it for both Gold and Plat?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
thanks for the info! just curious why the Munich courtyard CC and East only offer free breakfast for Plat while the Munich Marriott seem to offer it for both Gold and Plat?
CC-CY has always been going above and beyond the corporate requirements and decided that they only do this for Platinums was their "business case" for this, so the East's competitive reason is to mimic this, not the Marriott's (corporate-mandated) policy of Gold and Plats receiving free breakfast is the reason behind this.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Feb 9, 2015, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Marriott T&Cs say that G/Ps get breakfast daily at JW, Marriott, Ren, Autograph Collection. CYs are not required to provide breakfast to either G or P per T&Cs. CY-CC offers it as a perk for Plats & as djohannw notes, CY-E matches the policy for competitive reasons. It's unusual for CYs (outside of Asia) to offer brekkie, but the few that do usually limit it to Plats.

Cheers.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:40 pm

kids stay free policy?

hi all,

does anybody know if the Munich Marriott have a kid-stay-free policy? the website wouldn't allow me to put 4 guests in a room, although we are going with two young kids....

some have suggested contacting the manager to find out. does anyone how to find out the email address of the manager in Munich?

many thanks!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, SPG Platinum 75, Marriott Platinum Elite
Thumbs down Munich Airport Marriott reducing breakfast options for elites

I just checked in to the Marriott Munchen Airport Hotel, Freising Germany. I've been here many times--all wonderful stays. I went downstairs to eat breakfast...always love the breakfasts here--especially the omelets. Very good. Well, I was politely informed that Marriott Rewards instructed them to now offer Golds/Platinums a continental breakfast only. The kind receptionist informed me that Marriott told them all hotels without a lounge are only to offer that. I was perplexed...I am a Platinum, and since I attained Lifetime Gold have switched many of my nights to SPG (where I'm closing in on Lifetime Platinum). So I clearly was not aware of this downgrade, directed at Marriott's most loyal members. And since the major devaluation given to Marriott Platinums by giving United Airlines top tier immediate Marriott Gold, I will admit I pulled back most of my business. How can a company sell out ITS most loyal patrons for those of another company? I don't get that. And now, with Marriott directing hotels to only give continental breakfast--why would anyone continue patronizing Marriott Hotels? I mean, there is no chance of a suite upgrade--ever. The main thing Marriott had going for them was the breakfast--and now that's gone?!! And to boot--there is no premium internet, with higher speeds for Platinums! My colleagues (all non-status) have the same internet I have...which is basically useless! For me, the writing is on the wall. I left HHonors back in 2005-6, for similar reasons. And sadly, Marriott is following directly in that path!
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Did they only let you take a few items in the restaurant or they just gave you a plate of food?

I just got back from Dusseldorf Renaissance and I didn't take the brekkie because they only offered it to 2 (we had kids with us and for 24 Euros we can buy tons of food). Before this change, we were all allowed to have free breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:27 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg93
The main thing Marriott had going for them was the breakfast
It's surprising that you believe that. Since a free breakfast is of such importance to you, another hotel might be a better choice.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
There are so many factually incorrect things in this post I don't know where to start:

Well, I was politely informed that Marriott Rewards instructed them to now offer Golds/Platinums a continental breakfast only. The kind receptionist informed me that Marriott told them all hotels without a lounge are only to offer that.
Simply not true. Each hotel can decide what to do. At a Ren in Atlanta I was at a few weeks ago I was given up to $15/person to use at the restaurant.

And since the major devaluation given to Marriott Platinums by giving United Airlines top tier immediate Marriott Gold, I will admit I pulled back most of my business. How can a company sell out ITS most loyal patrons for those of another company? I don't get that. And now, with Marriott directing hotels to only give continental breakfast--why would anyone continue patronizing Marriott Hotels? I mean, there is no chance of a suite upgrade--ever.
How do golds effect your life? A more crowded lounge? Less upgrades? As a plat your upgrade percentage shouldn't change.

And to boot--there is no premium internet, with higher speeds for Platinums! My colleagues (all non-status) have the same internet I have...which is basically useless! For me, the writing is on the wall. I left HHonors back in 2005-6, for similar reasons. And sadly, Marriott is following directly in that path!
Maybe the hotel you stayed at didn't have premium internet. Most full service hotels do. The free premium speed makes streaming netflix, etc work very nicely. I appreciate the perk.

Looks like you feel Marriott isn't the hotel for you any more. If you want to leave, that's a decision you need to make.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:38 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I am a Platinum, and since I attained Lifetime Gold have switched many of my nights to SPG (where I'm closing in on Lifetime Platinum). So I clearly was not aware of this downgrade, directed at Marriott's most loyal members. And since the major devaluation given to Marriott Platinums by giving United Airlines top tier immediate Marriott Gold, I will admit I pulled back most of my business. How can a company sell out ITS most loyal patrons for those of another company? I don't get that.
Hm.... you were already not so loyal. You moved away, they reduced the offering. It looks like you have no problems with your move.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: None - previously UA
You are misunderstanding what Marriott status is. If it doesn't work you try a SPG platinum challenge, but I promise the breakfast gaurantee isn't any better.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:31 am

The minute a thread starts "A hotel employee told me..." you know it's about to have things stated that are not actual Marriott policy.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what exactly did their continental breakfast consist of?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.