Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Munich, Germany

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:18 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Breakfast in the hotel restaurant for member + 1 as a Platinum Elite welcome gift option (not in addition to it).

— Aloft
So Aloft Munich has real breakfast buffet unlike US Aloft locations?

Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by seat38a
So Aloft Munich has real breakfast buffet unlike US Aloft locations?

Thanks!
I literally have no idea what the MUC Aloft serves for breakfast. I was responding to your question re: whether they provide breakfast to Plats. They do as a PAG option. What type it is we'll depend upon you to report back if you choose the property.

Cheers.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by seat38a
I'm really torn. I've been looking at both the Courtyard City Center and The Le Meridien Munich. The hotels themselves seem to get good reviews but the reviews of their location is less than stellar. I'm not too worried about the sex shops that some have mentioned but I've also read that are quite a bit of gangs of young refugees doing drugs and causing trouble in front of the hotels and around the station.

The main reason I was looking at this area was for the location which is only a mile away from Alstadt and other historic parts of Munich. Also, we will be traveling with EU Rail passes so we wanted to be close and convenient to the station for day trips by taking advantage of my Platinum late checkout benefit. I'm wondering if we should stay at the Marriott or the Sheraton instead. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
It is definitely a seedy area but still safe.

It is filled with significant large proportion of Turkish/various other Arabic cuisine restaurants. Loads of sex shops as well. You will see loads of immigrants in the area, lots of people begging in surrounding streets, generally feels like a run down area, but still safe.

if traveling with family, I would not stay there. Lots of other nicer areas to stay in (but obviously doesn't guarantee Mariott/SPG)
Old Sep 8, 2018, 5:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Spend 3 night at the CY last year (mid-Oct) on award booking -- as others mentioned, very convenient to the train station and ICE arrival. Was a bit seedier than I had expected but saw nothing and experienced nothing to make me regret that booking.
The restaurant was good and the buffet very decent -- both European and American choices.

The walk to Marienplatz wasn't too bad but it is a walk. I would rank that as a higher issue
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I stayed recently at the Aloft and the Marriott Airport.

Aloft - perfect location for me, early morning train to Salzburg. From breakfast table to train in under 5 minutes. The LM is right next door. As Plat, there's free breakfast and the room upgrade was a very large room. The area is somewhat sleazy, but safe. Short walk to the fancy bits (Karlstor, Kaufinger Str, etc)
In addition to the rail service, there's a regular Lufthansa bus to the airport, leaving from the "other" side of the station.

Marriott Airport - it's not really at the airport (that would be the Hilton) but in neighbouring Friesing. 20 minutes ride, 26€ taxi, or 10€ for the hourly shuttle (I took it 7 am back to the airport, I was the only pax in the Merc minivan) Again, good location for layover, avoiding the rush hour to-from Munich. The hotel is (I think) a rebranded-upgraded former Parkhotel. Good (free) breakfast, upgrade to a corner room. Had I not been in dire need of the qualifying night on my way to Plat Prem, I'd have stayed at the Hilton at the airport - more convenient, more expensive, but the taxi fees to Friesing make the two very similar.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Marriott Airport - it's not really at the airport (that would be the Hilton) but in neighbouring Friesing. 20 minutes ride, 26€ taxi, or 10€ for the hourly shuttle (I took it 7 am back to the airport, I was the only pax in the Merc minivan) Again, good location for layover, avoiding the rush hour to-from Munich. The hotel is (I think) a rebranded-upgraded former Parkhotel. Good (free) breakfast, upgrade to a corner room. Had I not been in dire need of the qualifying night on my way to Plat Prem, I'd have stayed at the Hilton at the airport - more convenient, more expensive, but the taxi fees to Friesing make the two very similar.
The Freising Marriott is very nice IMO. Great free food and drinks at the bar in the evening (they have no lounge), upgraded frequently, good breakfast. If you want to go really cheap you can take public transportation to the airport ... that's something like 2 EUR, but it will take longer. Prices are often substantially cheaper than the airport Hilton.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Figured i would post experiencw at the Marriott Munich as a Platinum elite. Recognized at checkin, booked basic room and upgraded to Junior Suite without asking. No lounge but might as well be as they use one restaurant like one called elite zone. Open 5-10p for drinks (beer / wine) and snacks. Dinner buffet from 5-7:30. Full hot buffett breakfast at same restaurant in the morning including sparkling wine!
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Hello all, planning a first time visit for 2 or three nights at End of May 2020. We enjoy walking and exploring the town during the day. Looking at the Le Meridien for location and how it compares to others. Appreciate any thoughts about your experiences with Bonvoy properties in Munchen. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Bonvoy, Enrich
Originally Posted by cfischer
The Freising Marriott is very nice IMO. Great free food and drinks at the bar in the evening (they have no lounge), upgraded frequently, good breakfast. If you want to go really cheap you can take public transportation to the airport ... that's something like 2 EUR, but it will take longer. Prices are often substantially cheaper than the airport Hilton.
Agree, Freising is a nice location with a village that is walkable. Easy to get to Munich by train.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by slpybear
Hello all, planning a first time visit for 2 or three nights at End of May 2020. We enjoy walking and exploring the town during the day. Looking at the Le Meridien for location and how it compares to others. Appreciate any thoughts about your experiences with Bonvoy properties in Munchen. Thanks in advance.

Was at the LM this past May for 3 nights. It was a pts stay and since the CY,AL and LM were all the same amount I went with the LM. Nice hotel.

Took the LH bus to/from MUC liked it as I was able to see the city (1st time there). Marinplatz Id say is a 10-15 min walk and enjoyable along shopping streets

Both the M\LM and AL are opposite the main train station and across a street from 1 another, the CY is a very blocks further in from the station, never made it over there, but would go with LM or AL as less walking with my bag/s

Only problem was I got an odd shaped room on the top floor and outlets were few and in lousy places, but Id go back there in a flash, great breakfast as a LTT
Old Oct 8, 2019, 7:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Thank you!

Originally Posted by craz
Was at the LM this past May for 3 nights. It was a pts stay and since the CY,AL and LM were all the same amount I went with the LM. Nice hotel.

Took the LH bus to/from MUC liked it as I was able to see the city (1st time there). Marinplatz Id say is a 10-15 min walk and enjoyable along shopping streets

Both the M\LM and AL are opposite the main train station and across a street from 1 another, the CY is a very blocks further in from the station, never made it over there, but would go with LM or AL as less walking with my bag/s

Only problem was I got an odd shaped room on the top floor and outlets were few and in lousy places, but Id go back there in a flash, great breakfast as a LTT
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Recommend a good hotel in Munich?

Dear experts,

Taking my family (with 3 children) to Munich. Which hotel would you recommend? There are many choices on Bonvoy and it's hard for me to decide the right one, asking experts here, thank you in advance.

CP666
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Location and activities?

The LM (or is it a Westin?) and (newish) aloft are right at the main train station, which is very convenient. The main part of downtown is maybe six blocks away, although there are lots of stores and restaurants in the immediate area around the hotel, as well as a lot of storefronts offering to buy gold and jewelry. Both hotels seem very nice, but of course the styles are different.

I would assume that parents and three kids would not be acceptable in one room at most hotels in Germany, although it could depends on the kids' ages.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Location and activities?

The LM (or is it a Westin?) and (newish) aloft are right at the main train station, which is very convenient. The main part of downtown is maybe six blocks away, although there are lots of stores and restaurants in the immediate area around the hotel, as well as a lot of storefronts offering to buy gold and jewelry. Both hotels seem very nice, but of course the styles are different.

I would assume that parents and three kids would not be acceptable in one room at most hotels in Germany, although it could depends on the kids' ages.
We usually get 2 adjoining rooms/suites for family trips so that's never an issue. Thanks for recommendation, will look into LM/Westin that is right at the main train station. Will it be too noisy at night with the trains running?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
We usually get 2 adjoining rooms/suites for family trips so that's never an issue. Thanks for recommendation, will look into LM/Westin that is right at the main train station. Will it be too noisy at night with the trains running?
It wasn't noisy when I stayed there, although I had a suite on the top floor. You're not next to the tracks at all but across a big street from a small square and the concourse part of the station with shops, including a pretty substantial grocery store as well as convenience stores, gift/souvenir stores, and fast food places. The actual trains are further back.
Cathay Dragon 666 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.