FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   [LEAVING Marriott 18 Feb ‘21] Equinox Resort, Vermont, Luxury Coll’n [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/838908-leaving-marriott-18-feb-21-equinox-resort-vermont-luxury-coll-n-master-thread.html)

WestFerry Jun 26, 2008 3:19 pm

[LEAVING Marriott 18 Feb ‘21] Equinox Resort, Vermont, Luxury Coll’n [Master Thread]

According to the starwood website the Equinox Resort is a 'future' hotel of LC.

See link: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury/hotels/index.html

Is *wood building a new hotel on the property? Or are they taking over the current buildings, which as I understand are undergoing (BADLY) needed renovations?

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Starwood Lurker Jun 26, 2008 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by WestFerry (Post 9943845)
According to the starwood website the Equinox Resort is a 'future' hotel of LC.

See link: https://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury/hotels/index.html

Is *wood building a new hotel on the property? Or are they taking over the current buildings, which as I understand are undergoing (BADLY) needed renovations?

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

There is no internal data that provides the kind of detail you are seeking. About all I can confirm is that it has been renovated this year and when it opens after the renovation is complete, it will be part of The Luxury Collection.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]

stevens397 Jun 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Is there any other Equinox other than Manchester, Vt? I could not find any mention of that hotel on the LC site.

sc flier Jun 26, 2008 5:28 pm

Manchester, VT, is correct. Click the OP's link above, and you'll see it listed.

Also see the hotel's Starwood homepage. (Not officially announced, I guess.) No photos there yet, but I'd bet they'll be there very soon.

Before anyone freaks out, "No SPG Participation" will probably change once they start taking reservations. This phrase is typical on the webpage for new SPG properties.

I can't say whether they are building anything new, but I know that it does include existing rooms that they are renovating.

sbtinme Jun 26, 2008 6:20 pm

I posted a comment here about an hour ago, but my laptop crashed in the process and I see that it never transmitted. Oh well, I'll spare you my long earlier posting and just simply say that this is A GOOD THING!

I was in Manchester Ctr just this morning and drove right past this wonderful New England hotel. There aren't many left like it, and I'm tremendously happy to see it joining the LC ranks. Frankly, I'm surprised, since they've been fairly successful on their own, but they have their reasons.

I disagree with the notion that this place was run down. It still has four diamonds, but did lose the 4th Mobil star. The hotel is just now wrapping up their total property renovation, and I'm sure they're counting on getting that star back from Mobil!

This news is thrilling to me. For those who have an interest in Vermont or a much calmer, upscale resort that is really far removed from the rest of the planet, this could be your place. Note that this is also the hometown of Orvis, for you fishermen out there.

Not the sort of place I'd want to stay for a week, but a long weekend would be perfect. I'd always considered this place to be old guard, gentlemanly, historic, and graceful. With the renovation almost done, I'm excited to see it.

MilesTalk Jun 26, 2008 8:00 pm

Very good news! I am a big fan of this resort and being able to earn and redeem Starpoints here will definitely be a deciding factor for me in booking it over a B&B.

Now if only Starwood could get the Mohonk Mountain House (New Paltz, NY) in the fold.....

sbtinme Jun 26, 2008 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by daveland (Post 9945028)
Now if only Starwood could get the Mohonk Mountain House (New Paltz, NY) in the fold.....

Really?? I know that place has its fans, but I don't love it. Love the setting, love the history, but I really didn't like the madness of the dining room or the very rustic guest rooms.

MilesTalk Jun 26, 2008 9:39 pm

The grounds and the allure are far more impressive than the rooms themselves as you imply. But it has a romance to it that always seems to make it a favorite for the ladies..... and I just can't swallow the nightly rates there - unless I can earn (or, more likely, burn) *points in the process :)

rogerck Jun 27, 2008 10:48 am

Very cool. I was about to send my parents there a week or so ago. Glad to hear it is coming into the fold.

sbtinme Jun 27, 2008 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by sc flier (Post 9944476)
Manchester, VT, is correct. Click the OP's link above, and you'll see it listed.

Also see the hotel's Starwood homepage. (Not officially announced, I guess.) No photos there yet, but I'd bet they'll be there very soon.

SC -- I always marvel at your ability to unearth things that no one else on the planet knows about. Do you use some sort of "spider" software to find these gems? Are you just psychic? Are you willing to share your spy skills with the universe once and for all!?!?!??????:cool:

WestFerry Jun 27, 2008 12:55 pm

Seems like the hotel with be a Cat. 5.

As for the rustic rooms, I hope the renovations fixes that - the property is great and if the rooms turn out great the Equinox could elevate its status.

There is no reason Equinox should not be a 5*. The clientele is there...

WestFerry Jun 27, 2008 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker (Post 9944031)
There is no internal data that provides the kind of detail you are seeking. About all I can confirm is that it has been renovated this year and when it opens after the renovation is complete, it will be part of The Luxury Collection.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

William,

According to the hotel receptionist the renovations are complete...

Starwood Lurker Jun 27, 2008 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by WestFerry (Post 9948765)
William,

According to the hotel receptionist the renovations are complete...

That's nice. When did she say they would officially become a Starwood property?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

MilesTalk Jun 27, 2008 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by WestFerry (Post 9948756)
Seems like the hotel with be a Cat. 5.

As for the rustic rooms, I hope the renovations fixes that - the property is great and if the rooms turn out great the Equinox could elevate its status.

There is no reason Equinox should not be a 5*. The clientele is there...

I'm actually surprised it would not be a Cat 4. Remember, Category is based on avg room revenue, not how fancy it is or what type of customer it has. They may not these days, but two years ago they were selling a lot of inventory on opaque sites suggesting they were not coming anywhere near selling out at their list prices. However, I've not been since the renovations and perhaps with them in place they are commanding higher rates and achieving higher occupancy rates.

WestFerry Jun 27, 2008 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker (Post 9948796)
That's nice. When did she say they would officially become a Starwood property?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]

July 1!