Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

What celebrities have you run into, at Bonvoy hotels?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2024, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG PA, Hilton Sucks, Hyatt Discoverist

Here's a fun thread. What celebrities have you run into, at Bonvoy hotels? Which hotel was it? And did you share a smile or get a short chat with them? Or just 'brush shoulders'? If you want, share a picture! :-)
Old Mar 29, 2024, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG PA, Hilton Sucks, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by cmhsieh54
Here's a fun thread. What celebrities have you run into, at Bonvoy hotels? Which hotel was it? And did you share a smile or get a short chat with them? Or just 'brush shoulders'? If you want, share a picture! :-)
Does anybody have any experience actually having a full-blown 5-minute conversation with a celebrity at a Bonvoy hotel? Like, in a lounge? I'm so curious.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (LT Silver), United Silver
*wrong thread*
Old Mar 29, 2024, 9:34 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Does anybody have any experience actually having a full-blown 5-minute conversation with a celebrity at a Bonvoy hotel? Like, in a lounge?
Yes, Mr. Marriott, among others.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 2:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Marc Cuban and the whole team of the Dallas Mavericks incl. Doncic / Marc Lasry and the whole team of the Milwaukee Bucks / Shaq O'Neill / Michael B Jordan / The Ant Man / Glen Taylor

If you are into NBA and you like to meet the guys above for breakfast without any other fans, shake hands and be with them casually in the pool then you need to book yourself into the Abu Dhabi Saadiyat Island St Regis, where the teams stay before the NBA Abu Dhabi games. Every year in early October.

Nota bene: the hotel will be blocked out from early spring for the NBA but they honor reservations made earlier. So when we are there its normally 5% of normal guests and 95% NBA teams/ staff/ management. If one buys the NBA package they stay in the W hotel without teams and spend much more money
SPN Lifer and gudugan like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 2:40 am

The Points Guy in the lift of the JW in Singapore when it first opened.
gudugan likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 4:59 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
The team of Bayern Munich when staying at the Sheraton in Essen, Germany. Was in the lift with the goalkeeper Manuel Neuer thinking he was the striker Thomas Müller. My knowledge of the players has since improved. ;:} I chatted with him for the course of the elevator ride. He was a bit surprised/amused that I did not know his identity although I live in Munich.

I also managed to literally bump into the Queen of Jordan while running up the stairs into the Sheraton hotel in Amman, obviously not paying attention while talking to my friend behind me. That I managed to physically run into her probably led to some very unpleasant debriefing of her security detail.

I have had various political leaders stay on my floor at various hotels with their extremely bored looking security details camped in the hallway, but I never met any of these temporary neighbors.
kilo likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 5:06 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I also met by chance Sharon from FlyerTalk while staying at the same time at a Bonvoy hotel in Corfu.

Last edited by cbellero; Mar 30, 2024 at 9:48 am
Old Mar 30, 2024, 7:25 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Jesse Jackson Sr. in the club lounge at the Renaissance LAX about 15 years ago. Ironically someone had tuned the TV in the lounge to Fox News that day (it was usually tuned to the weather channel). The Rev. Jackson did not stay long in the lounge.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 7:34 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I run into myself every time I stay in a Bonvoy hotel ;-)
Old Mar 30, 2024, 8:35 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium United Silver
Does anybody have any experience actually having a full-blown 5-minute conversation with a celebrity at a Bonvoy hotel? Like, in a lounge? I'm so curious.
Pretty much yearly at DragonCon, a convention in Atlanta held over labor day weekend. The convention is held in 5 host hotels and a bunch of overflow hotels. The Westin Peachtree Plaza, Atlanta Marriott Marquis, and well now former Sheraton Atlanta were all host hotels owned by marriott. Famous actors would stay and hang out with con goers at the bars every year. They also like to hang out at the Ritz Atlanta which is an overflow hotel for the convention. Always a good time getting to meet celebrity's.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 10:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Back in 2011, we were at St. Regis Bali and Portuguese footballer Nani (Man United at the time) was staying there and looking very fit.

Edit: Just looked at his Instagram. Still fit.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 10:39 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by cbellero
I also met by chance Sharon from FlyerTalk while staying at the same time at a Bonvoy hotel in Corfu.
Pretty sure you're thinking of me. Sharon is SkiAdcock. We enjoyed a couple meals together and my husband went out on a boat with you. Good times.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 10:56 am

Was in line behind Rebel Wilson checking into the St Regis Aspen. Didn't speak to her but some of her entourage apologized to me for how long there check in took. That left a good impression of her to me.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Hilariously, my brother-in-law, my husband and I were in an elevator in Tampa during Spring Training. We see a guy reaching to hold the door open. As he walks in, my brother-in-law says "hey, has anyone told you that you look like Goose Gossage?" Of course, he replies "I AM Goose Gossage." We had a nice chat with him, although I thought later that I was surprised he was at the same crappy Residence Inn we were at!

I was also staying at the Marriott Marquis during the NBA All-Star game at MSG. Lots of old time NBA guys were there, everyone was ducking to get in the elevators! I chatted with Willis Reed while in the Lounge, he's a favorite player of my husband.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.