Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

As of June 2022 :

Chambers Club opening hours:
Opens at 7am until 10pm
Club’s Breakfast : Weekdays : 7am-11am, Weekends: 7am-12pm
Club’s Pre-Dinner Snacks : Daily : 5:30pm-7:30pm Hot snacks, Cold snacks, and dessert buffet including complimentary house spirits.

As a part of Club experience you may bring one additional guest to the club with you and any additional will be subject to Club access fee of Ł80 per person.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:21 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by lily23
Just thought I'd share a promo I was e-mailed from Amex Platinum - if anyone has the Plat amex and is planning on staying at this hotel in the next little while, it might be worth checking out - I think you simply have to book through Amex travel to get the $500 credit. (sorry for the weird format, just copied and pasted from email)

Enjoy a $500 USD credit for the St Pancras
Renaissance Hotel, London.

One of London’s best-loved landmarks is now one of the UK’s most prestigious hotels. At the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, the romance, elegance and adventure of Victorian travel and hospitality are brought to life in the glorious union of breathtaking design, flawless service and classically British attention to detail. Step outside and explore some of London’s most magical and unspoiled neighborhoods, or hop on board a Eurostar train from St Pancras International Train Station to Paris, Brussels or any other parts of Europe and beyond.

The St Pancras Renaissance Hotel and Platinum invite you to receive a $500 USD CREDIT1 when you book a minimum one night stay in the Chambers Guestrooms or Suites through Platinum Card® Travel Service from Amex Canada Inc., between July 1, 2013 and December 30, 2013.2

CHAMBERS CLUB BENEFITS

Housed within the original Victorian hotel building, these guestrooms and suites also provide access to Chambers Club Benefits3, which includes a number of complimentary amenities such as:

• Butler Service
• Pressing of 4 garments per stay
• Eurostar VIP transfer
• Access to the St Pancras Spa fitness suite, pool,
sauna & steam room
• Continental breakfast, midday snack, afternoon tea,
hors d’oeuvres & dessert
Where did you see this offer, and how do you book it?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Off-topic:

Originally Posted by jr1202sr

Also, Do they offer bottle Water whenever the Lounge is open?

I was just in Amsterdam and Copenhagen and neither had bottles of Water available during the day.

Thanks!
Which AMS property did you stay at? Marriott has both sparkling & still in the lounge entire time it's open.

Cheers.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I was sent an Email from American Express and to the best of my knowledge, I think you simply have to book through Amex Platinum Card Travel Service with your Platinum Amex. I haven't had too much time to look at it yet, but I'll post the offer fine print below. Alternately, I'm happy to forward on the email I received if you want to PM me with your email. Hope that helps!

1. Offer Terms and Conditions:
Reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance through Platinum Card Travel Service prior to arrival. $500 USD credit can be used when a minimum of one (1) night is booked in the Chambers Guestrooms or Suites. The credit can be applied to accommodations, the Booking Office Bar and Restaurant, Spa treatments and the Hansom Lounge. Credit can be used towards the total hotel bill and will be deducted at time of check-out. Credit can only be applied to the above eligible purchases if charged to room. $500 USD credit cannot be redeemed against St Pancras Spa retail/products and The Gilbert Scott Restaurant or Bar. Limit of one credit per Basic Cardmember account for the duration of the promotion. This offer is valid for bookings made from July 1, 2013 to December 30, 2013 only and is not applicable to group bookings or conventions, and may not be combined with any other offer or promotion. It is not possible to redeem two offers for consecutive stays. Offer is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. Hotel cancellation policies will apply according to the booking conditions. Payment for the reservation must be made with a Platinum Card under the Platinum Cardmembers name.

2. Offer dates:
Offer is valid at The St Pancras Renaissance Hotel London for bookings and stays from July 1, 2013 – December 30, 2013. There are no blackout dates.

3. Chambers Club Benefits:
Chambers Club Benefits are extended to guests reserving a Chambers Club guestroom or suite. Complimentary Chambers Club Benefits include: continental breakfast, midday snack, afternoon tea, hors d’oeuvres, and dessert, non-alcoholic beverages, pressing of 4 garments per stay per room, access to the St Pancras Spa fitness suite, pool, sauna and steam room, Eurostar VIP transfer which includes assistance with luggage and fast track service through security, internet access and butler service. Access to the Chambers Club is restricted to children 12 years and older. Other restrictions may apply.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Off-topic:

Which AMS property did you stay at? Marriott has both sparkling & still in the lounge entire time it's open.

Cheers.
Marriott and no they don't. I actually specifically asked and was told it starts in the afternoon. Usually there is leftover from the previous night so it can be filled in the AM at times. But if they run out they don't refill until the afternoon.

Last edited by jr1202sr; Jul 12, 2013 at 5:46 am
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:41 am

Off-topic:

Originally Posted by jr1202sr
Marriott and no they don't. I actually specifically asked and was told it starts in the afternoon. Usually there is leftover from the previous night so it can be filled in the AM at times. But if they run out they don't refill until the afternoon.
I've stayed there for close to 15 years & they've always had water in the lounge the entire time. Not sure what you were told was right. Will ask when I'm there in September. Even if they were out, the exec lounge staff is good & usually would get you some water if you wanted it (at least based on my experience over the years).

On-topic:

The Amex deal for St. Pancras sounds pretty good.

Cheers.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lily23
I was sent an Email from American Express and to the best of my knowledge, I think you simply have to book through Amex Platinum Card Travel Service with your Platinum Amex. I haven't had too much time to look at it yet, but I'll post the offer fine print below. Alternately, I'm happy to forward on the email I received if you want to PM me with your email. Hope that helps!

1. Offer Terms and Conditions:
Reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance through Platinum Card Travel Service prior to arrival. $500 USD credit can be used when a minimum of one (1) night is booked in the Chambers Guestrooms or Suites. The credit can be applied to accommodations, the Booking Office Bar and Restaurant, Spa treatments and the Hansom Lounge. Credit can be used towards the total hotel bill and will be deducted at time of check-out. Credit can only be applied to the above eligible purchases if charged to room. $500 USD credit cannot be redeemed against St Pancras Spa retail/products and The Gilbert Scott Restaurant or Bar. Limit of one credit per Basic Cardmember account for the duration of the promotion. This offer is valid for bookings made from July 1, 2013 to December 30, 2013 only and is not applicable to group bookings or conventions, and may not be combined with any other offer or promotion. It is not possible to redeem two offers for consecutive stays. Offer is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. Hotel cancellation policies will apply according to the booking conditions. Payment for the reservation must be made with a Platinum Card under the Platinum Cardmembers name.

2. Offer dates:
Offer is valid at The St Pancras Renaissance Hotel London for bookings and stays from July 1, 2013 – December 30, 2013. There are no blackout dates.

3. Chambers Club Benefits:
Chambers Club Benefits are extended to guests reserving a Chambers Club guestroom or suite. Complimentary Chambers Club Benefits include: continental breakfast, midday snack, afternoon tea, hors d’oeuvres, and dessert, non-alcoholic beverages, pressing of 4 garments per stay per room, access to the St Pancras Spa fitness suite, pool, sauna and steam room, Eurostar VIP transfer which includes assistance with luggage and fast track service through security, internet access and butler service. Access to the Chambers Club is restricted to children 12 years and older. Other restrictions may apply.
Would you still get points/nights credit if booked through Amex?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by sammyindc
Would you still get points/nights credit if booked through Amex?
Given the $$ involved, that's a good question!

Cheers.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Hmm I haven't booked a hotel through the Amex travel service yet, but my flights all received points/miles credit. Will try and call in over the weekend and find out! Would be nice to use the $200 Amex annual credit as well for more savings! =)
Old Jul 13, 2013, 6:44 am

My wife and I stayed here last year. This is an absolutely beautiful hotel. They were filming a WWI era movie/show while we were staying there to boot; made it pretty interesting.

One thing that did throw me though, as appointed at the Spa was, it did not have a hot tub. I kind of expected one quickly reading the description of the facilities. They need to get one in there!
Old Jul 13, 2013, 5:11 pm

...and the pool is much smaller than the picture.

p.s. - I'm here again next weekend - if anyone wants to do dinner, send me a PM.

Cheers.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
...and the pool is much smaller than the picture.

p.s. - I'm here again next weekend - if anyone wants to do dinner, send me a PM.

Cheers.
Don't forget to post in the future stay thread!

Cheers.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:48 am

Just finished up another stay here this past weekend.

Upon arrival I was upgraded to the best available Barlow room. I asked for an upgrade to Chambers however was told that they do not give free upgrades to Chambers room. They offered a 75GBP up-charge to upgrade.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Just finished up another stay here this past weekend.

Upon arrival I was upgraded to the best available Barlow room. I asked for an upgrade to Chambers however was told that they do not give free upgrades to Chambers room. They offered a 75GBP up-charge to upgrade.
I thought Plats got chamber rooms for free? Or is it just that if you're Plat you still get access to the lounge even if you're in Barlow? Wonder if the no free upgrade to Chambers is a new policy.

Cheers.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I thought Plats got chamber rooms for free? Or is it just that if you're Plat you still get access to the lounge even if you're in Barlow? Wonder if the no free upgrade to Chambers is a new policy.

Cheers.
You get access to the lounge for free if you are a Plat. Looks like Chamber room upgrades don't exist.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
I haven't stayed at this property - I'm very partial to Grosvenor House - but booked a few stays there next month as GH was sold out a few of the days I needed a room. This thread has me really looking forward to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.