Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

As of June 2022 :

Chambers Club opening hours:
Opens at 7am until 10pm
Club’s Breakfast : Weekdays : 7am-11am, Weekends: 7am-12pm
Club’s Pre-Dinner Snacks : Daily : 5:30pm-7:30pm Hot snacks, Cold snacks, and dessert buffet including complimentary house spirits.

As a part of Club experience you may bring one additional guest to the club with you and any additional will be subject to Club access fee of Ł80 per person.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Old Jun 18, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by ExArkie
Just for the record, I did not say that our stay was ruined. I actually quite enjoyed our time, but I did not see where this particular hotel did anything to deserve the premium price and reputation. Not a bad hotel and certainly architecturally impressive, just not anything that seemed special in terms of amenities or room. The lounge is attractive, but again nothing to merit a premium price or reputation...at least not on our visit.
Demand merits the price, and this hotel is in high demand throughout the year, and often sells out.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm getting used to the idea of getting served liquid beverages in the lounge at StP.

At first I used to head and grab something from the cabinets, only to be politely chided and have my drink delivered, but the idea is growing on me.

I was there yesterday having a meeting with a business associate and after we'd drunk our coffees and refused seconds, someone appeared with a bottle of water and a couple of glasses because "The table looks so empty without something to drink". Nice touch.

I have found that the front desk staff are genuinely apologetic if I end up in a Barlow room (only happened 3 times out of 15 or so stays), but there are a limited number of Chambers rooms and they do sell quite well.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Need some feedback from fellow FTers who have stayed at the St Pancras.
Have a 4 day stay there in October and deciding what rate to get.
This is what is being offered:
- Barlow Guest Room: 301 GBP
- Chambers Guest Room: 405 GBP
- Chambers Junior Suite: 446 GBP

I really want to get a Chambers room. Have people been lucky with upgrades? Should I get a Barlow room and hope to get an upgrade to a chambers room? Or should I get a chambers room and hope to get an upgrade to a suite?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by sammyindc
Need some feedback from fellow FTers who have stayed at the St Pancras.
Have a 4 day stay there in October and deciding what rate to get.
This is what is being offered:
- Barlow Guest Room: 301 GBP
- Chambers Guest Room: 405 GBP
- Chambers Junior Suite: 446 GBP

I really want to get a Chambers room. Have people been lucky with upgrades? Should I get a Barlow room and hope to get an upgrade to a chambers room? Or should I get a chambers room and hope to get an upgrade to a suite?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
My hit rate is 3 Barlow rooms out of about 15 stays, all at our corporate rate. When I've had the chambers rooms, I've had Junior Suites on 2 or 3 occasions, the rest of the time, it's been the "normal" Chambers rooms. My stays in Barlow rooms have been when the hotel has been full, and it seems to me that they do their best to upgrade elites.

The Chambers experience is a step up from the Barlow rooms as they are much more individual, although some of the Chambers rooms are oddly shaped with the bathroom taking a chunk out of the room, leaving a slightly odd, U-shaped space. The suites I've stayed in have been a step up from the rooms but some are more attractive than others. i was in 257 last week and that was particularly nice. If you're willing to shell out GBP 405 for a Chambers Rooms, I'd go the extra 10% for a Junior Suite.

You also get much nicer toiletries and bathrooms in Chambers as well as Nespresso machines in the rooms.

However, English Heritage forbade double glazing and the Chambers rooms tend to face the front of the hotel so the noise from Euston Road is always there and can be quite obtrusive.

As far as Barlow rooms are concerned, make sure you get an odd numbered room. They look out onto the British Library, whilst the even rooms have a close up view of the outside wall of the station.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by thegoderic
My hit rate is 3 Barlow rooms out of about 15 stays, all at our corporate rate. When I've had the chambers rooms, I've had Junior Suites on 2 or 3 occasions, the rest of the time, it's been the "normal" Chambers rooms. My stays in Barlow rooms have been when the hotel has been full, and it seems to me that they do their best to upgrade elites.

The Chambers experience is a step up from the Barlow rooms as they are much more individual, although some of the Chambers rooms are oddly shaped with the bathroom taking a chunk out of the room, leaving a slightly odd, U-shaped space. The suites I've stayed in have been a step up from the rooms but some are more attractive than others. i was in 257 last week and that was particularly nice. If you're willing to shell out GBP 405 for a Chambers Rooms, I'd go the extra 10% for a Junior Suite.

You also get much nicer toiletries and bathrooms in Chambers as well as Nespresso machines in the rooms.

However, English Heritage forbade double glazing and the Chambers rooms tend to face the front of the hotel so the noise from Euston Road is always there and can be quite obtrusive.

As far as Barlow rooms are concerned, make sure you get an odd numbered room. They look out onto the British Library, whilst the even rooms have a close up view of the outside wall of the station.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'm considering just booking the Chambers Suite as I really want to get it. I've heard amazing reviews and have never stayed at the St. Pancras.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by sammyindc
Thanks a lot for the feedback. I'm considering just booking the Chambers Suite as I really want to get it. I've heard amazing reviews and have never stayed at the St. Pancras.
If you do go, take the free tour - great way to spend 90 minutes.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:04 am

Does anyone have the GMs email address?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thegoderic
If you do go, take the free tour - great way to spend 90 minutes.
Do you need to stay at the hotel to take the tour? And if so only in the Chambers Suites or is everyone "invited"?
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:02 am

They currently have a promotion that doubles the points you earn when booking an upgraded room. Is that double the base point so 20 instead of 10 or double the base points and bonus so 30 instead of 15. Has anyone received double points from that property?

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Do you need to stay at the hotel to take the tour? And if so only in the Chambers Suites or is everyone "invited"?
Everyone can take the tour as I understand but it's only free for hotel guests.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: United, Starwood
Is this hotel good for families? Trying to decide between this one and the Marble Arch. Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2013, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by askias
Is this hotel good for families? Trying to decide between this one and the Marble Arch. Thanks!
Both are good for families. Personally I would stay at Marble Arch as you are walking distance to Oxford Street etc- but both choices are good.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 6:16 am

What Alcohol do they provide in the Lounge?

Beer, Wine, Liquor?

Also, Do they offer bottle Water whenever the Lounge is open?

I was just in Amsterdam and Copenhagen and neither had bottles of Water available during the day.

Thanks!

Last edited by jr1202sr; Jul 10, 2013 at 6:22 am
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:37 am

I would avoid Marble Arch - the hotel is in an interesting area of London that makes it hard to find bars, pubs, etc. In addition the St. Pancras has an excellent tube station right next door (Kings Cross).

As for lounge at St. Pancras, they do have beer and wine on my last visit. Bottled water I think was missing as they prefer to serve liquids which means tap water.

Last edited by BostonFlyer1624; Jul 10, 2013 at 2:03 pm
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
SPR Chambers Club has large bottles (750 ml) of Hildon sparkling and still mineral water. These are for poring vs taking out of the lounge.

I am not familiar with their alcohol selection since I drink only coffee and water.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just thought I'd share a promo I was e-mailed from Amex Platinum - if anyone has the Plat amex and is planning on staying at this hotel in the next little while, it might be worth checking out - I think you simply have to book through Amex travel to get the $500 credit. (sorry for the weird format, just copied and pasted from email)

Enjoy a $500 USD credit for the St Pancras
Renaissance Hotel, London.

One of London’s best-loved landmarks is now one of the UK’s most prestigious hotels. At the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel, the romance, elegance and adventure of Victorian travel and hospitality are brought to life in the glorious union of breathtaking design, flawless service and classically British attention to detail. Step outside and explore some of London’s most magical and unspoiled neighborhoods, or hop on board a Eurostar train from St Pancras International Train Station to Paris, Brussels or any other parts of Europe and beyond.

The St Pancras Renaissance Hotel and Platinum invite you to receive a $500 USD CREDIT1 when you book a minimum one night stay in the Chambers Guestrooms or Suites through Platinum Card® Travel Service from Amex Canada Inc., between July 1, 2013 and December 30, 2013.2

CHAMBERS CLUB BENEFITS

Housed within the original Victorian hotel building, these guestrooms and suites also provide access to Chambers Club Benefits3, which includes a number of complimentary amenities such as:

• Butler Service
• Pressing of 4 garments per stay
• Eurostar VIP transfer
• Access to the St Pancras Spa fitness suite, pool,
sauna & steam room
• Continental breakfast, midday snack, afternoon tea,
hors d’oeuvres & dessert

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.