Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

As of June 2022 :

Chambers Club opening hours:
Opens at 7am until 10pm
Club’s Breakfast : Weekdays : 7am-11am, Weekends: 7am-12pm
Club’s Pre-Dinner Snacks : Daily : 5:30pm-7:30pm Hot snacks, Cold snacks, and dessert buffet including complimentary house spirits.

As a part of Club experience you may bring one additional guest to the club with you and any additional will be subject to Club access fee of £80 per person.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2018, 2:40 am
Suspended

I'm considering staying 5 nights here with my wife in November. We're Gold's, so I know we won't be upgraded from Barlow to Chambers Suites. I also know that Golds generally aren't upgraded TO suites at all. My question is if I book the Chambers Junior Suite, what are the chances we will, as golds, get an upgrade to a nicer suite on top of that? Thanks!

Last edited by arjaok; Oct 14, 2018 at 2:51 am
Old Oct 14, 2018, 7:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by arjaok
I'm considering staying 5 nights here with my wife in November. We're Gold's, so I know we won't be upgraded from Barlow to Chambers Suites. I also know that Golds generally aren't upgraded TO suites at all. My question is if I book the Chambers Junior Suite, what are the chances we will, as golds, get an upgrade to a nicer suite on top of that? Thanks!
Golds in the legacy Marriott program -- platinums in the new program -- were eligible for suite upgrades, theoretically. In the new program, only platinums or higher are eligible for suite upgrades. You also won't have lounge access as a gold, unless the category of room you reserved comes with lounge access.

There's always a chance at an upgrade but I wouldn't count on anything. By all reports, this property is stingy with upgrades for non-platinums or non-platinum premiers.

My advice is to book what you want, especially if it's about keeping the wife happy. You didn't say whether this is a points or cash stay. If it's a cash stay and you aren't locked into the Renaissance St. Pancras, have you looked elsewhere? There are some other hotels, particularly from the legacy SPG side, with suites that may be a better value and more romantic.

Just looking at Marriott.com for 5 nights from the Monday before Thanksgiving to the Saturday after Thanksgiving, when there won't be many Americans in London, I'm seeing: large River Thames rooms and suites at the Marriott County Hall (not the best hotel but great views) for between $696 and $884 per night; "deluxe," "superior" and "executive" suites at the J.W. Marriott Grosvenor House for $600, $640 and $852 per night respectively; "luxury" and "signature" suites at Blakes Hotel London, Design for $755 per night; and a suite with balcony at Hotel Xenia, Autograph Collection for $603 per night.
arjaok likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Haven't seen much SNA talk in this thread...SNA cleared (1 night stay) for a Jr. Suite at the Chambers Club next week...was going to do the GNH but now likely this tips the scales over.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:15 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Haven't seen much SNA talk in this thread...SNA cleared (1 night stay) for a Jr. Suite at the Chambers Club next week...was going to do the GNH but now likely this tips the scales over.
Having stayed in both I would pick the Ren St. Pancreas over the GNH any time. The GNH has small rooms and is just "odd". Plus even without the upgrade the lounge at the Ren is orders of magnitude better than anything at the GNH.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by stc
Having stayed in both I would pick the Ren St. Pancreas over the GNH any time. The GNH has small rooms and is just "odd". Plus even without the upgrade the lounge at the Ren is orders of magnitude better than anything at the GNH.
It took me a while to figure out that GNH is Great Northern Hotel, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, London.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I’ve stayed at both the Ren St Pancras and the Great Northern. While I prefer the former, I think each has its pluses and minuses.
The Ren has imposing public spaces and a hot bar. It gets very noisy and can be impersonal. I’ve only stayed in the Barlow wing, as I am noise-sensitive when trying to sleep and have heard that Chambers rooms can be noisy. YMMV. I like the lounge very much.
The rooms at GNH are all on the small side, Though I’ve seen all categories, I’ve only stayed in the top-category rooms. I enjoy their shapes, the soundproofing is terrific, I like the pantries, and I prefer breakfast in their restaurant to breakfast at the Ren Lounge, but my biggest beef with them is the lack of drawer/shelf storage space in the room, and in some rooms there's not even a good spot to stow one’s suitcase.
Particularly if not traveling alone, I’d take a jr suite at the Ren.

Last edited by rfrost; Nov 30, 2018 at 7:31 am
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by stc
Ended up having a good stay here and would happily return (even though I'd still like to try the GNH at some point)
- Convenient lift inside St. Pancras up to the second floor to go in via the restaurant entrance (didn't realize this initially, walked around outside and in the front...oh well)
- Lobby was a total mess, some TV/media event, just jammed with people at all times
- Upgrade to a Jr. Suite cleared as noted - definitely some street noise but not bad
- Arrived at 12pm, room not ready, said 15 min, parked me in the Club for a bit which was fine. Come 12:50 or so, back to the front desk, room wasn't ready but they found me an equivalent room so all good
- Nice spread at the Club for breakfast, great attendants
- As noted elsewhere, location is unbeatable between the int'l / domestic trains as well as different Tube lines
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Spent 5 nights here with my wife in November and it was the best stay we've ever had. Stayed in a Chambers Suite, which had ceilings about 30 feet high, and loved the breakfast and the club in general. On the last day we were pretty wiped out from walking around and spent most of the day in the club. Throughout the day it was continuously restocked for breakfast, afternoon tea, pre-dinner canapes, after dinner drinks, etc. The location was incredible and the concierge even got me tickets to a PL game. Being able to simply take the elevator downstairs whenever you wanted the tube or the national rail was pretty amazing as well. This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at and the next time I'm in London I'll be staying here.
krakendown likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Love it! Love to see / hear things like "...best sty we've ever had." That's what travel is all about. Fun memories with friends, family or on your own. Great for you...congrats!

Just know, there is always the next "best time ever". Go find it.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

you probably went to the same match I did #COYS
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: IC Amb, Marriott Silver, KF Silver, MPC Silver
you probably went to the same match I did #COYS
#COYS indeed

Can I check, I booked one of the suites that comes with One Way Airport Transfer, how do we arrange that? Does the hotel call or email before our arrival?
Old May 4, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Really enjoying my stay at this property. Usually stay at the Andaz Liverpool St, but a bad stay there led me to first book the Bankside and then switch to the Ren when a good rate with Chambers Club access popped up during my dates. Club is excellent, to the point where I've struggled to pull myself out to actually explore London. Love the junior suite with expansively high ceilings. I was a little antsy about the location - King's Cross isn't exactly an exciting neighborhood - but the ease and variety of transit access makes the rest of the city so much more accessible, even more so than Liverpool St (pre-Crossrail I suppose). My only complaint is that the wi-fi can be inconsistent, but even that has only been a scattered issue. Would love to stay here again.
Old May 4, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by steveholt
Really enjoying my stay at this property. Usually stay at the Andaz Liverpool St, but a bad stay there led me to first book the Bankside and then switch to the Ren when a good rate with Chambers Club access popped up during my dates. Club is excellent, to the point where I've struggled to pull myself out to actually explore London. Love the junior suite with expansively high ceilings. I was a little antsy about the location - King's Cross isn't exactly an exciting neighborhood - but the ease and variety of transit access makes the rest of the city so much more accessible, even more so than Liverpool St (pre-Crossrail I suppose). My only complaint is that the wi-fi can be inconsistent, but even that has only been a scattered issue. Would love to stay here again.
Depends on how you define exciting, I think most Londoners would say King’s Cross these days is a lot more interesting than the area around the Andaz in Liverpool Street! If you just walk down Euston Road then sure, it just seems like a big road with a load of mediocre chains on it.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:11 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
We were in the neighborhood two days ago; we visited the Farmers Market outside of King's Cross, had a late lunch at Granger & Co just up from the station, and walked around the new Coal Drops Yard area, stopping for a coffee at Redemption Roasters. We then popped into the huge Waitrose to pick up a few nosh items. The branch of Dishoom (Indian) that's in the area is also top-notch.
Old May 23, 2019, 8:41 pm

Can anyone comment on the club access for this place post merger? Pre merger I remember only platinums were allowed into the club, but platinum is the new gold and was not allowed previously. Have a group thinking of staying here but half are only platinums and the rest are titaniums/ambassadors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.