Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

As of June 2022 :

Chambers Club opening hours:
Opens at 7am until 10pm
Club’s Breakfast : Weekdays : 7am-11am, Weekends: 7am-12pm
Club’s Pre-Dinner Snacks : Daily : 5:30pm-7:30pm Hot snacks, Cold snacks, and dessert buffet including complimentary house spirits.

As a part of Club experience you may bring one additional guest to the club with you and any additional will be subject to Club access fee of Ł80 per person.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by BillBurn
If you enter from the Booking Office (which you would if you are coming from the Barlow Wing) there is a desk in the hallway buy in my experience the desk is typically unmanned and the few times I have seen someone there (usually at a slow time) they didn't ask me for key or check my room number. Now I am typically by myself so they may stop a group of people, but I've personally never seen them stop someone as I think they rely on the fact that you need a card key to enter. If it's just you, your spouse and a couple kids I'd be surprised if they said anything other than "hello"
Originally Posted by stc
You can also enter the Chambers Club via stairs down from the Chambers Wing first floor (second floor in US parlance) which I believe any guest to get to by taking the fitness center elevators up one floor.
Thank you, Both!
Old May 25, 2019, 2:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Freeflow booze from 3pm to 10pm! That's my only takeaway from the welcome letter.
They must be hoping not to get many English or Irish guests.
ftrichard and paolo64 like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
They must be hoping not to get many English or Irish guests.
Old May 31, 2019, 12:44 pm

Stayed for one night recently and would definitely recommend. No upgrades available (they were almost sold out) but still had Chamber's club access as a Titanium and it's definitely a great feature. They also offered breakfast in the restaurant and Late checkout (4 PM) proactively.
krakendown likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Question: Do hotel guests get free access to the Gym and Pool/SPA?
They do sell day passes to non-hotel guests.

If not does status matter, ie Titanium status.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 8:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
You definitely get free access to the gym and pool (both of which are in the Spa), but not sure if you get any access to other parts of the spa.

Titanium doesn't get you any additional spa benefits but it does get you access to the Chambers Lounge which is very nice.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
We have a 6 night stay planned over New Year's with Chambers Lounge access. Is there any guidance/suggestions on tipping either the Chambers Lounge hosts or the concierges?

We are already impressed with the service levels, having received emails less than 24 hours after booking asking after any special needs/requests for either our room or the lounge.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:50 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Few people will tip. If you want to be an exception, go ahead.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Few people will tip. If you want to be an exception, go ahead.
Nah...we're paying enough for the rooms as is.

Normally, I do not tip in lounges, and particularly not in Europe...but wanted to confirm given how unique the Chambers Club is. Thanks for the reply.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:05 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by rflor
We have a 6 night stay planned over New Year's with Chambers Lounge access. Is there any guidance/suggestions on tipping either the Chambers Lounge hosts or the concierges?

We are already impressed with the service levels, having received emails less than 24 hours after booking asking after any special needs/requests for either our room or the lounge.
We find leaving an overall tip for longer stays for all departments (or those we choose to specifically designate) to split based on their own rules is most helpful for longer stays at hotels that impress us. You can ask a front desk or other senior manager what might be appropriate and/or to whom you can safely leave the tip as you might choose.

We rarely tip on short stays (or whenever in Japan), but we often do tip at nicer and luxury hotels where we have wonderful stays or where the staff has gone out of their way for us. I’d say 80% of our luxury hotel stays find us leaving some sort of tip. Even when the tip amount isn’t large, I think you’ll always find a very grateful hotel team since most don’t tip at all.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:36 am

Is there a limit on the people that a Titanium member can bring to the Chambers Lounge? I am Titanium, but my wife is only Platinum. My parents will stay at a different room. Can we bring my parents to the Chambers Club? Is there anyone inside the club to check everyone's eligibility when we go in?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:08 pm

If you are an elite in a Barlow room you can typically bring with you whoever else is staying in your room but you can't can't guest in people staying in other non-Chambers rooms (at least as far as I know).

In terms of checking for eligibility, the last few times I have been at the hotel in the mornings there is sometimes, but not always, someone sitting at a desk in the hallway you enter into from the Booking Office (which is the door you would use from the Barlow wing). I haven't seen someone there in the afternoons/evenings, but you never know. I assume they are there to check for eligibility but since I am by myself they never say anything other than "hello". Once you get past that desk I have never seen anyone asked about eligibility.

If you enter the Club from the Chambers wing (coming down the stairs), I have never seen anyone checking eligibility there, however your key card has to have access to the Chambers Wing in order to go up to the first floor of the Chambers rooms and then down the stairs, so anyone coming down those stairs should be eligible.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by BillBurn
If you are an elite in a Barlow room you can typically bring with you whoever else is staying in your room but you can't can't guest in people staying in other non-Chambers rooms (at least as far as I know).

In terms of checking for eligibility, the last few times I have been at the hotel in the mornings there is sometimes, but not always, someone sitting at a desk in the hallway you enter into from the Booking Office (which is the door you would use from the Barlow wing). I haven't seen someone there in the afternoons/evenings, but you never know. I assume they are there to check for eligibility but since I am by myself they never say anything other than "hello". Once you get past that desk I have never seen anyone asked about eligibility.

If you enter the Club from the Chambers wing (coming down the stairs), I have never seen anyone checking eligibility there, however your key card has to have access to the Chambers Wing in order to go up to the first floor of the Chambers rooms and then down the stairs, so anyone coming down those stairs should be eligible.
Thank you, Bill!
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-2 MM Starwood Plat,Delta DM
As a Platinum guest staying in A Barlow wing room is there any way to get access to the Chambers Club.

Thanks
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:52 pm

Only Titaniums and above get access to the Chambers Club. As a platinum you get free breakfast in the Booking Office. FWIW, I find the booking office breakfast to actually be a little better than the Chambers Club.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.