Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuwait

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2003, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, US Silver; MR life plat, HH diam.
Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuwait

Anyone have info on the Kuwait JW Marriott. Exec floor, lounge, internet, airport transportation, etc??? Going to Kuwait early next year, Jan or Feb. Thanks for any comments.
Old Dec 26, 2003, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Jan 1, 2004, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, US Silver; MR life plat, HH diam.
socrates-thanks for your info. Looks like a better choice than the Hilton.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 6:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage 1MM, Starwood Gold
JW Marriott - Kuwait City

Has anyone ever stayed at the JW Marriott in Kuwait City? I have two visits to that hotel booked in the next few weeks and am seeking any information.

Thanks,
Bob
Old Sep 16, 2006, 1:34 pm

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Kuwait Marriott

Will be staying in Kuwait for the first time in Years after the Eid holiday.

Has anybody stayed at the JW Marriott in Kuwait City recently and would like to share their experience.
Old Jun 3, 2008, 10:01 am

Marriott-family hotels in Kuwait

I have a few business trips to Kuwait coming up, but a search of the forum comes up with a grand total of zero informative results. So -- has anybody between to the Courtyard Kuwait City or the JW Marriott Hotel Kuwait City? Both seem to get very good reviews on TripAdvisor.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I too am very interested to learn about these two properties. The Courtyard seems quite modern and is tempting thanks to free Internet, etc. But, Id also like to know about the upgrades offered to Gold members at the JW? Do they receive lounge access? Do either have airport shuttles?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 3:45 pm

I have stayed at both of the Marriotts in Kuwait, and was actually staying in the Courtyard for the offical grand opening before switching to the JW during that stay.

It has been about a year since I last stayed at one of them, but here is what I remember.

Both of them used to have a free shuttle service from the airport, once you leave customs the desk is located on the right side in the airport. They use the same desk and the driver will take you to which ever hotel you need to go. Looking at the web site I see it says neither of them do offer the shuttle service any longer, but I seem to recall one of my co-workers mentioning they still had it about two months ago.

As for the JW, I have always been upgraded to the executive floor as a platinum, and from what I remember I was also upgraded as a Gold when I stayed there. The executive floor offers breakfast in the morning and a light meal at night, with drinks being available all day. You could also go down to the main restaurant and have the breakfast buffet there and they would just ask for your room number and not charge you. The executive level rooms were very nice, but no different than the normal rooms. There is a fitness center/pool located on the top floor. When I was last there, they charged for the high speed internet so we used the free dial-up that they offered. The building is attached to a mall with a couple places to eat in the mall and hotel, and there is another shopping place across the street from the hotel.

As for the Courtyard, the last time I was there I was upgraded to a junior suite, once again I was platinum, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. The first time I was there during the opening, I was in a normal room which was more than adequate. They have a buffet breakfast that is offered in the lounge area in the center of the atrium. It is a very modern hotel and when it was built it was supposedly the tallest building in Kuwait at that time. It is also connected to a smaller shopping plaza with restaurants and whatnot in it. There are also places to eat in the hotel.

Overall, we usually choose to stay at the JW, mainly because the people in the executive lounge remember us from stay to stay and because the lounge is open 24/7.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
Thanks for the info, I'm booked at the Courtyard in August in a regular king room, so as a Plat Premier, I should most likely look forward to an upgrade. That'll be nice.

Now if I could just get NW/KL to give me a big seat in the front, I'd be all set.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Have stayed at the Courtyard 3-4 times in the last 18 months and have always been very impressed with it. Very modern hotel. The breakfast buffet is excellent, Internet access very fast and I've always been upgraded to a junior suite. When I was last there earlier this year the airport shuttle was still operating.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are the breakfast and Internet free at the Courtyard (at least for Golds?) or is it worth it to stay at the JW to enjoy the lounge instead.

UPDATE: According to Marriott.com, the Courtyard no longer has free shuttle service to the airport. or is this a mistake?

It also says that the JW Marriott offers complimentary breakfast to everyone, is that true? If so, that would be the only JW I have ever seen to do that?!

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Jun 24, 2008 at 3:16 am
Old Jun 24, 2008, 3:50 pm

I just asked one of the people I work with, and the last time they were in Kuwait, which was a month ago, the JW had started charging for the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. If I had to guess, I would imagine the Courtyard probably has followed suit.

When I was there last, more than a year ago, the breakfast at the JW was included for everyone in the restaurant on the first floor. They had a separate breakfast on the executive floor as well which Golds/Platinums could go to, although we found the buffet in the restaurant on the first floor had more choices so that is where we normally went.

The breakfast at the Courtyard was also included, for at least Golds and above. I think it might have also been included for everyone as well there.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks! I wonder if it will be cheaper to take a taxi to the hotel, Im sure it will be. Also, what is the benefit of the club level if breakfast is included for everyone? No drinks in the evening, just a few snacks. It also appears according to the web site that Internet is free for everyone. Im shocked at what a nice JW this is...and all of this now that I have status!
Old Jun 25, 2008, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Im here now, and my BMW transfer from the airport was complimentary...could it be for guests on the Exec level? I asked and the driver said Courtyard was still free too, but I wasnt too sure he knew what he was talking about. Nice perk!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Just spent a one night at the JW using the ecert that came with the Visa. Because of the Summer the hotel was really quiet - the occupancy rate was in the 30's.

They didn't have an executive suite available when I checked in but was given one later.

The lounge had free non alco drinks available all the time. I didn't check the morning offering but the afternoon tea and the evening fair was ok.

Overall I would say that the hotel is nice but the rooms/suites would need some refurbishment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.