Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by msantosnj
Are platinum's still offered full buffet for breakfast? The Lounge Master Thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...worldwide.html) says no, but doesn't mention breakfast in the restaurant.

Thanks!
Stayed there during Oktoberfest just a few weeks ago - can confirm plats get the full breakfast buffet.
Old May 5, 2019, 10:52 am

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I recently completed a stay at this property. I wrote about it in the Flyertalk Trip Report section.

In December 2018 (post merger), Platinums were getting full breakfast. It's a decent spread.

We had a street facing suite. We later stayed next door at the Aloft and had a courtyard facing room. I'd probably ask for a courtyard facing room if I was back here as it was a much quieter experience overall.
exoz95 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Notice on site

Guest room renovation with brand new bathrooms to be completed in phases January 2019-April 2020. Minimal disturbance to guests expected. Some noise is possible 9am-5pm Mon-Fri.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Hello, we are considering a leisure stay here for 3 nights next May. Any recent experiences or words of wisdom?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 7, 2019, 12:18 pm

Just stayed there for Oktoberfest.

Breakfast buffet was great (they gave it to me + my 2 guests as a Titanium), the staff was friendly and very accommodating. It's right across the street from the main train station, so getting there from the airport was super easy.

Can't recommend it enough. Loved my stay.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum/2022 Titanium
Originally Posted by lockman21
Just stayed there for Oktoberfest.

Breakfast buffet was great (they gave it to me + my 2 guests as a Titanium), the staff was friendly and very accommodating. It's right across the street from the main train station, so getting there from the airport was super easy.

Can't recommend it enough. Loved my stay.
Many thanks Lockman!
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:52 am

Stay with 2 toddlers

Originally Posted by KP2006
check your messages
Can I also get the email to this hotel?
We have two kids who will be 3 and 5 at the time of our stay and I would like to find out if they will allow all 4 of us in a room if we are using points. We have Titanium so I also want to ask if the kids will get their breakfast as well. If not, how much will we be paying for the kids?

If anyone here has a better recommendation of a kids friendly Marriott hotel in Munich, please let me know!!!

thank you!
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:56 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by musicscrip
We have two kids who will be 3 and 5 at the time of our stay and I would like to find out if they will allow all 4 of us in a room if we are using points. We have Titanium so I also want to ask if the kids will get their breakfast as well. If not, how much will we be paying for the kids?

If anyone here has a better recommendation of a kids friendly Marriott hotel in Munich, please let me know!!!

thank you!
Hi musicscrip! You can reach Le Méridien Munich at [email protected]

Regards,

Robert V.

Social Media Liaison
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

thank you!
There's an aloft right across the street from LM. The aloft is much newer too as it's only a couple years old and looks nice, much better than most USA alofts.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: M&M,UA MP Silver, MR LT Titanium, HH Gold
There are two Residence Inns close to Munich East Station. That`s a nice neighborhood and less than a 10min subway ride from Marienplatz.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 2:19 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Did a three night stay here last week - really liked the hotel and staff, was not a big fan of the neighborhood, but it was a close walk to the historic old town. Right now, due to Covid, housekeeping is only on request. They do a groovy thing at breakfast with a "breakfast box" - almost like a bento box with standard buffet items you can see below. You can also order eggs. Had a great stay.

Breakfast Box
Old Aug 26, 2020, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Yes, the neighbourhood is really rundown, surprisingly so - and all but 500m or so from Karlsplatz and Kaufinger Str.

The closeness to the main railway station is a big plus (the neighbouring Aloft is probably cheaper, though) In Munich I often stay at one of the MR properties at Arabellapark, much nicer neighbourhood.

I monitored the prices for a few weeks after making the booking and it went down continuously - starting from close to 170€ I ended up with 125€/night incl breakfast, which I consider very decent for Munich. I got upgraded to a garden side room, very much preferable to the noisy Bayerstr facing rooms!

The bento box breakfast is fun, but gets tedious after the second morning, with no variation.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2020, 9:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That box looks so much better than the grab and go breakfasts of cheap packaged cold items one gets in the USA, at both limited service and full service properties, unless they're offering no breakfast at all for elites.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
That box looks so much better than the grab and go breakfasts of cheap packaged cold items one gets in the USA, at both limited service and full service properties, unless they're offering no breakfast at all for elites.
You can also get egg dishes to order and I just discovered, that they have "pre-packaged" bowls of müsli and cornflakes + a fridge with yoghurts. Very adequate.

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Aug 27, 2020 at 3:35 am
Old Aug 2, 2021, 10:13 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Bad experience in 5* Marriott Property in Germany

This is still unfolding, but in my opinion it's getting so bad that I'd like some outside view on this.

This is in the LeMeridien Munich.

Day 1
We've arrived at the property at around 11 am to drop our bags (room wasn't ready which was expected). We've returned at 6 pm to check in at which time the room was ready. We are staying for two nights, one night using the Bonvoy Titanium Free Night Voucher and one night using my company rate (which was 3€ more expensive than the prepaid rate). Both nights were upgraded to a suite (same type) using Vouchers. When checking in I've selected free breakfast as welcome amenity.

In the room we were greeted with trash on the bathroom counter left over from the previous guest (empty toilet roll with a used bar of soap shoved into it) -- see picture. I've immediately reported this (along with the fact that one room key out of two was not working) to the front desk who promised to get the trash removed immediately.

We've then went out to fetch some food and returned about one hour after the incident was reported. However, upon return, the trash was still in the same place. I've reported this to the front desk but declined the offer to have someone come to the room immediately because my wife didn't want to be disturbed any more. Apparently they called housekeeping three times to get the trash removed but it didn't happen.

We then tried to pour some water into the provided glasses. One of the "clean" glasses looked as shown in the picture: almost non-transparent with some kind of goo in some places.

Again I've reported this to the front desk and brought the glass along. They were were apologetic and said they will report it to management.

Fast forward to bed-time: I'm realizing that the thermostat in one of the to wash basins is defective and only searing hot water is available. I think I'll better call the front desk and have this put onto the list for management -- only to realize that the phone is not working. So I'm going downstairs again to report two additional issues.

Day 2
We go for breakfast and are informed by the breakfast staff that breakfast was not included. They write down "Platinum" and we have a nice breakfast before I go back to the front desk to inquire about why breakfast wasn't included. It turns out that the choice wasn't registered correctly, but since the points hadn't posted yet, at least this could be corrected easily.

We leave the hotel at 12 pm and I inform the front desk that we're leaving and if they could please take care of the reported issues ("trash from the previous owner, thermostat broken, telephone not working"). My room number is written down on a piece of paper with the promise to take care.

When we return almost 5 hours later (4:45 pm) both room keys aren't working any more and I go down to the front desk to have them exchanged. Apparently that's normal because I had made two reservations instead of one. Just that nobody told me that the keys wouldn't work... And yes -- there was no message from management regarding my complaints. However, the manager would come in again later. At the counter to the left a lady is complaining that her desk light still hasn't been looked at even though she had reported the issue already last night -- and that she can never reach the front desk by telephone, but it's unclear whether it is because nobody answers or because the phone is broken.

Back to the room it's immediately clear that nobody has been inside the room: no new water, no new glasses, bed unmade, thermostat and telephone still broken. I'm going back down to the front desk and complain bitterly. I'm given two bottles of water (couldn't carry more) and a promise that they would report this to the manager. I make sure they understand that up to five minutes ago I would have expected one night to be comped, but in view of the fact that nothing was done to alleviate the issues while we were away, I'm now thinking two nights is more appropriate. The front desk employee cannot decide on this but will let management know.

I also let them know that the hallway leading to the room looks like a sidewalk with (mostly) small trash scattered along the way -- a state almost unchanged since yesterday, with only larger pieces of trash being removed -- and replaced with other trash somewhere else (think tissues, empty soap boxes and a lot of small confetti-like trash).

It's now 5:55 pm and housekeeping has arrived: they've opened the door without knocking or ringing the bell and called "housekeeping" after the fact -- despite letting the front desk know that we didn't want anyone in the room any more. Communication between front desk and housekeeping is apparently not working.

My thoughts are that I should get enough points for two nights at the hotel (that's 50000 points per night -- even though Sunday nights are only 35000 or 40000 points, which is why I was able to use the free night voucher) plus additional points for the use of the upgrade voucher.

What are your thought on my experience? I'm planning to go down again at 7 pm in the hope to be talking to a manager.

HTB.

(Update I: someone must have been in the room after all and plugged in the telephone: it's now showing "charging" and can be used again. Thermostat is still defective and trash from previous guest was not removed.)

(Update II: I've went down to the front desk again at around 8 pm and asked if a manger would now be available. The employee said she'd try to find someone and came back with the GM whom she has briefed while I was waiting. The GM hadn't heard of my complaints before and appeared a bit taken aback when I've showed him the pictures and told him the details. He proposed points, I proposed two nights, he thought 70k, I told him that all nights except Sunday night are 50k. He's either a good actor or it really hurt him to part with so many points.
I hope I can be back at some time: the suite was great, renovated rooms seem to be fine as well, breakfast is nice, the location is quite convenient if you want to be close to the main train station, but the hotel operation definitely needs changes with checks in place after rooms are cleaned and communication improved between departments. And I think housekeeping needs to learn how to empty trashcans without making a huge mess in the hallway.)

Leftover trash from previous guest.

"Clean" glas.

Last edited by htb; Aug 2, 2021 at 1:30 pm Reason: Added conclusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.