Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

There's a 6% Government Tax and MYR10 Tourism Tax not shown in the rate.

Hotel email addresses:

The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2006, 7:00 am

The JW rate sounds normal, perhaps even cheaper than usual, but the Renaissance rate sounds very inflated to me -- I've stayed there on a corporate rate at under RM200.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 7:45 pm

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Airport to Renaissance KL

The package including airport transfer is not as good a deal as it seems, as the best way between KLIA and downtown is now the new KL Ekspres train, which is faster and cheaper than road transportation.
Considering staying at the Renaissance and didn't want to start a new post just to ask how to get to the hotel via the KL Ekspres which goes to Sentral station. Take a taxi or other train? Alternative choice is the Le Meridien which is at Sentral station, but a bit pricier than the Renaissance.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by cardesigner2000
Considering staying at the Renaissance and didn't want to start a new post just to ask how to get to the hotel via the KL Ekspres which goes to Sentral station. Take a taxi or other train? Alternative choice is the Le Meridien which is at Sentral station, but a bit pricier than the Renaissance.
I'm typing this from the Meridien, which is currently second only to the Hilton (sharing half the same building!) in my ranking of favorite KL hotels at the moment. The location is supremely convenient for business and pretty good for leisure too.

To get to Renaissance from KL Sentral, you'd have to take the Putra LRT to Dang Wangi and then drag your bags across the street and around a few corners, so I wouldn't recommend this with luggage. So take the train to Sentral, and then continue by coupon taxi -- going to any point in KL costs under RM10 ($2.50).
Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:11 pm

Programs: LH FTL, UA 1K MM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Starwood Platinum
I stayed at the Ritz Carlton, JW and Renaissance in KL. The Ritz frequently offers good packages including lounge access and laundry servive. The rooms & service at the Ritz are superior to the other two properties.

The JW has a great location just over Starhill complex with the option to put your dinner bills from feast village to your Hotel bill (big advantage for PP users ;-)). The JW features a high number of suites (over 40) and I received an upgrade every time. The lounge has amzing views and average (for asia) food.

The Renaissance would be my very last choice: Typical New World property, a bit old, not so nice location, upgrade just to Club if at all.

To get from the Airport to the Hotel there is a new service by KLEkspres : A porter will meet you at the Luggage belt, accompany you to KL sentral, your bags will be loaded into a S Class Mercedes and they drive you to the Hotel. Nice, but not really worth the 100RM. If you just take a taxi from KL Sentral you might lose 2min.

I hope that helps

Thomas
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, LT Marriott Titanium, National Executive Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I like the KL JW over the KL RENN. Just my opinion.
Srisarin likes this.
Old May 11, 2008, 6:35 am

Programs: BAEC gold, Marriott gold, Hilton gold
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Ren or JW Marriott?

Can anyone offer advice on choosing between these two hotels?
I will be there for one night. Location is important so that I can see the major sights in a short time.
Old May 11, 2008, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Well, there are many forum threads on the subject including:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137672

but most of these will be comparisons for slightly longer stays. I know I was at the JW for 5 nights and really enjoyed its location which is downtown central within easy access to sights but others can compare that to the Ren. On such a short stay I can't see you going too wrong with the JW.

Last edited by tcook052; May 11, 2008 at 11:58 pm
Old May 11, 2008, 2:04 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tcook052
Well, there are many forum threads on the subject including:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137672
^@:-)
Old May 12, 2008, 9:35 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Renaissance closer to Petronas Towers, KL Tourist Info Center but not much else. JW more central. I stayed at Renaissance and really enjoyed the concierge lounge but if I went back to KL I would probably try the JW because of the location.
Old May 12, 2008, 11:05 am

The KL Renaissance is one of my favorite hotels; outstanding value for your money/points. They have a well appointed fitness center and an absolutely amazing outdoor pool. It's walking distance to the Twin towers (and right below the KL Tower) and to the nightlife locations. It's a short taxi ride to Bintang Walk ("downtown") or Chinatown.
Old May 12, 2008, 5:24 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, NWA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
The Renaissance has 2 wings. One used to be called the "New World Wing". It was one of the worst stays I've ever had in any Marriott brand. I had to be moved 3 times in 2 days because of maintenance issues. I finally called the PE line to check availability at the JW that I could see out the window. The hotel manager and 2 helpers were at my door within the hour to finally move me to an acceptable room that had no maintenance issues. I'm sure the renovated wing of the hotel is just as great as everyone describes. I think they have now changed to East & West wings? Not sure which was the "New World Wing".
Old Nov 4, 2008, 10:56 pm

Programs: Asian Club *g, AC Aeroplan, EK Skywards, QF Frequent Flyer, Velocity VA, Hilton Honors Diamond
Renaissance Kuala Lumpur Hotel

I am wondering if anyone has stayed at this property and if so any tips? I am a MR Gold member but have booked a basic room, is there a good lounge and might room upgrades be offered (space permitting). I have requested a higher level room and wondering if this property gives any views of the Pertronas Towers as would love to see that from my room.

I am also hoping to use my bonus bucks, any experience with this?

I will be speanding Xmas here so should be great.

Any tips what so ever would be most welcome.

Cheers

SYD/YYZ
Old Nov 5, 2008, 10:20 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat, National Exec Elite
I was plat and received no upgrade but did have a view of the towers. You want to make sure you on the SouthWest side of the hotel. The northWest side has a parking ramp blocking the view of the towers.

They do have lounge that is open. It is also open on the weekends.

it took awhile for me to credit for the nights and points. i had to email the hotel several times.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 2:59 am

Programs: UA1K;AAEXP;BAG
They will usually give you a room with twin towers view if you request it. The hotel has 2 wings (East and West) with seperate front desks and lounges. I was told that one cannot use the west wing lounge if staying in the east wing and vice versa. Rooms at the west wing are slightly superior to the rooms in the east wing. However the east wing does offer the better view. In general do not expect much of the rooms as the property is quite old and the rooms do show age. The pool area is nice and the pool itself is one of the largest i have seen at metropolitan hotels in asia. Location of the REN isnt bad as well, KL Monorail next door, KLCC in walkable distance and ZOUK club basically opposite of the hotel... ^

Using BB should be no problem.

Enjoy KL!
Old Nov 7, 2008, 5:02 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Always got a towers view club level room here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.