Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

There's a 6% Government Tax and MYR10 Tourism Tax not shown in the rate.

Hotel email addresses:

The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by soy
Will have a 24 hour layover in KL with the family (2 adults & 2 kids under 12).

Is the Aloft the best bet for a one night layover in KL, seems close to Sentral and rooms with 2 Queens available.
The other consideration is breakfast. Pre-covid Asian properties usually extended elite breakfast/lounge to the kids also, but its been a while so who knows current policy
I will avoid the Aloft with kid and risk of stain bedsheet scam. It seem this hotel make money with this.
Hotel TripAdvisor review and blogger talk about it.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:55 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
I will avoid the Aloft with kid and risk of stain bedsheet scam. It seem this hotel make money with this.
Hotel TripAdvisor review and blogger talk about it.
If this is true, what I'll do is after checking in, I will demand that the Front Office manager and whoever up the management chain available - to go with me to the room, pull off all the sheets and confirmed that it's stain free and get them to make up the bed again - make sure photos and records are made and signed.
The next day before checking out - again get the same person if available if not alternate same level position management to confirm that it is still stain free with a signed statement.
Just let signing for a rental car before you leave and when you return it.

Just totally ridiculous policy - these are the basic /usual risk that is covered when renting a room out. So sad to see such practice take place - and yet Marriott HQ tolerates such behavior from a property.

Cheers!
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: hahaha
Originally Posted by lingua101
- Putrajaya Marriott - cheap redemption. It is Marriott so I suppose it will have a M Club. I know the location is far from anywhere

-
since you're redeeming, this hotel has a datapoint where they don't upgrade elite members using point redemptions

Marriott Bonvoy Point Redemption no upgrade policy?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: AC 35K, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, GHA Titanium, HH Gold, Centara Platinum
Originally Posted by nldogbert
If this is true, what I'll do is after checking in, I will demand that the Front Office manager and whoever up the management chain available - to go with me to the room, pull off all the sheets and confirmed that it's stain free and get them to make up the bed again - make sure photos and records are made and signed.
The next day before checking out - again get the same person if available if not alternate same level position management to confirm that it is still stain free with a signed statement.

Just totally ridiculous policy - these are the basic /usual risk that is covered when renting a room out. So sad to see such practice take place - and yet Marriott HQ tolerates such behavior from a property.

Cheers!
It seems very true, unfortunately. Coincidentally I ran into this post, published yesterday, concerning this very topic: https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/06/06/...-kuala-lumpur/
est-gratuite and Sohan like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by asovse1
since you're redeeming, this hotel has a datapoint where they don't upgrade elite members using point redemptions

thanks for highlighting. seems property to avoid
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by asovse1

If upgrade is the very last thing you wanted in this property, they are actually quite ok especially the club lounge offering is impressive but they are definitely due for renovation soon, similarly to the Palm Garden Tribute Portfolio.

So I would say it depends on what occasion is your visit, mattress run, vacation, staycation, suite expectation or etc. Each of the property have their personality in managing this and I have however tried out all the marriott property in KL.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by ean2015
If upgrade is the very last thing you wanted in this property, they are actually quite ok especially the club lounge offering is impressive but they are definitely due for renovation soon, similarly to the Palm Garden Tribute Portfolio.

So I would say it depends on what occasion is your visit, mattress run, vacation, staycation, suite expectation or etc. Each of the property have their personality in managing this and I have however tried out all the marriott property in KL.
Well honestly speaking, I do not really need the upgrade. But point blank telling the guest that you won't get upgrade because you book using points, that's not right. They can simply make an excuse that the suite is not avail, which is hard to prove otherwise also right.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert

Cheers!
why you wnat to go to so much trouble? I will avoid this property. I used to stay there years back. Sadly now they become like that.

There are 2 other Marriott properties in the vicitnity. Also their rate is not muc different from LM. I will go LM.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 10:44 am

I saw quite good rate ar Ritz. Actually cheaper than JW.

What to expect as Titanium? Will JW give better benefit?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 8:35 am

Easy I do both, I will never put a foot in the JW anymore.

Lounge disaster food and drink, no upgrade and tiny room.

Ritz upgraded me to suite and give me club access

It was just pre covid and Ambassador at this time
Old Jul 15, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: Peasant at large
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
Easy I do both, I will never put a foot in the JW anymore.

Lounge disaster food and drink, no upgrade and tiny room.

Ritz upgraded me to suite and give me club access

It was just pre covid and Ambassador at this time
Bummer, I've got 4 nights at the JW in KUL a couple of weeks from now. Was the lounge disaster over breakfast or the evening snack/dinner spread? Also, any other issue with the room other than being tiny?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Diamond, BA Gold, QR Plat
I didn’t like the St. Regis either - the suites are nice, but service is seriously lacking.

I stayed at the W at the end of my trip and the experience was much better. Even though the W is not really my type of hotel, the service was great and they gave me a 3-cat upgrade to an amazing suite.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by crunchie
Bummer, I've got 4 nights at the JW in KUL a couple of weeks from now. Was the lounge disaster over breakfast or the evening snack/dinner spread? Also, any other issue with the room other than being tiny?
I think I did not even bother with BF after seeing the evening spread (low quality, subpar wines), place was depressing.I find that the front desk staff was not nice at all, got zero upgrade even with available room and suite, room tiny.

Personally I like the St-Regis hardware (got a great suite with amazing view) and bf was not bad.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:51 am

Programs: Peasant at large
Fingers crossed I get a good front desk person check me in; far too much rests on them. Sure, can always get the manager but that already ruined things from the start. Will report back on how it goes.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:57 am

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
This is very odd, We have been going to JW & RC next door for many years always get treated Top notch. Things may have changes since Covid.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.