Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lcpteck
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.

There's a 6% Government Tax and MYR10 Tourism Tax not shown in the rate.

Hotel email addresses:

The Ritz Carlton Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]

JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
I will try the carrot first, but as I said this policy is outrageous, but I guess with Marriott this is the crap you get.

If you really want to push it, then I should be given credit for all the times I did not have a +1 (which is majority of my trips). So it's ok that they don't credit me my +1 if I am traveling alone, but when I book two rooms, I cannot get +1 for each room. Please...
Personally, I think you are the outrageous one. If your service centre offers you a 10th service free for your loyalty, should you also get free setvice for everyone else you choose to book in for service on your 10th visit?

Come on.....

Why not just book the second room which includes lounge access? The differential may be less than the "ala carte" pricing. As a Titanium, that is what I do.

I could easily get access for the third party but it would be fraudulent. I will leave it there.
Old May 23, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Amb, oneworld Ruby
I checked the city, and at 150 MYR, you can get a much better buffet dinner at other restaurants. Seriously cut sandwiches, yoghurt and fruit? What do you think this hotel is the USA? That's literally worthless food.
At lunch, if you bothered reading my message properly. Most hotel lounges offer nothing at lunch.

RM 150 gets you dinner including alcohol, full buffet breakfast, light lunch, free non-alcoholic drinks and snacks all day and meeting facilities. But do feel free to go on comparing apples and oranges, and otherwise being disingenuous.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:05 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
The rules are ridiculous then. I book two rooms, both rooms should be benefit.
Except, no, that's literally spelled out in the terms of the program as not being allowed. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it so.

Especially since I have elite status. And there's nothing wrong with DYKWIA entitlement.
Yes, there's something wrong with it. Don't be a douche. Don't give all elites a bad name with this kind of behavior. Just because you have some level of elite in a program defined by the hotel chain doesn't mean you get to make up imaginary benefits and then act like an entitled brat when those imaginary benefits aren't honored.
crunchie, toothy, myperks and 5 others like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Are there any good high-end hotels that will allow me to bring in myself + 2 guests for breakfast and lounge without extra charge? I have Titanium status.
I was allowed to have 2+1 for breakfast and 2+1 at the lounge in JW Marriott, have to request for it during the check-in though as a 'compensation' for no upgrade (hotel was full)
Old May 23, 2019, 3:24 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
The rules are ridiculous then. I book two rooms, both rooms should be benefit. Feel free to disagree, but I'm not above asserting myself when I feel like it. Unlike most people, I don't fear confrontation. Especially since I have elite status. And there's nothing wrong with DYKWIA entitlement.
You go! More power to you!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Can anyone comment on the quality of the club lounge at the RC? I assume there's a decent evening spread incl. alcoholic beverages?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
yes the lounge offering is good (quality and choice) and I consider to stay there again.

Stellar difference with the subpar JW lounge.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 7:07 am

I have to stay at either Sheraton Imperial or Renaissance for a business trip. As Platinum, which of these two hotels has nicer (1) rooms, (2) pool and (3) lounge?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: Peasant at large
IME, Sheraton Imperial is "nicer" on all three. However, I do like the Renaissance and usually stay there because of its location.

SI room are very nice "classic luxury" style which feels just a bit stuffy to me but that's a personal preference. R had both classic and modern styled rooms but with recent updates, I find them to be on the lower end of modern. That said, the sparser setup works better for me. My colleagues love the large pool and swim-up bar at the Renaissance but the bar is just novelty for me. The large, open layout of the pool is great if you want to do laps or want to be able to just lay there and see everyone. The SI pool is big enough but surroundings is much cozier with some isolation because of the curvy layout and plants between some of the chairs. They don't have nearly as many chairs though. Lounge is average for the R, much nicer at SI both physically and in the evening snacks quality.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:32 pm

Stayed at Le Meridien KL, and adding some comments.

I must state outright the buffet breakfast was absolutely terrible. I don't know why some people make a fuss about it, I asked for some recommendations and based on my research at FT here, Le Meridien KL was supposed to the best. IT IS NOT. Yes, it is true it has a large variety but every dish was lousy and mediocre.

Specific criticisms:
  • Nasi Lemak rice had weak coconut flavor. Could hardly taste it.
  • Rendang curry is not spicy at all. I've had more flavorful food in Asian restaurants in Seattle. It's so tasteless that even white people will find it to be bland.
  • The Roti Canai was cold. So were the curries. My favorite malaysian restaurant is Seattle is like so much better.
  • Dim sum was crap. Way better dim sum in Seattle.
  • Food was bland, and generally tasteless. Also all the hot food were not hot enough. The best thing was actually the fried eggs that they cook on the spot. .... It's so pathetic that I find fried eggs to be the best thing...
  • Because the breakfast was "free" (Titanium status), I had to eat. This basically made me full, and I wasn't able to eat a heavy lunch and reduced my eating capacity during my vacation.
  • Did I mention the food is REALLY TERRIBLE? Even a random restaurant on the street makes better stuff. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Even the malaysian restaurants in the US have better food than the nonsense they served.
Other irritating disappointments:
  • Air conditioning was WEAK. It was super weak. For a tropical country and a 5* hotel this is just crap. I had a layover after this in Vietnam at some crappy 2* Ibis hotel. That 2* crap in Vietnam had air conditioning that was WAY MORE POWERFUL that than whatever Le Meridien had.
  • No refrigerator in the room. They had a mini bar, but it hardly cools anything.
  • No ice machine, had to call for ice. I had to call 2-3 times every ....ing day for them to send up some ....ing ice.
Le Meridien KL was a real shithole. Yes, it looks great and fancy, and it's so upscale. But the food was crap, and the facilities were crap. AVOID. Basically ruined my vacation.
GalaxyChris likes this.

Last edited by Rommie2k6; Aug 2, 2019 at 10:46 pm
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:36 pm

Does anyone have any good recommendations on the breakfast food quality at other KL hotels - Aloft, JW Marriott, Renaissance?

I am specifically looking for good local food, that is warm, spicy and flavorful. As a data point and point of reference, if you have had the breakfast at Le Meridien, that gets a D grade in my books.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:56 pm

Stayed at Le Meridien KL, and adding some comments.

I must state outright the buffet breakfast was absolutely terrible. I don't know why some people make a fuss about it, I asked for some recommendations and based on my research at FT here, Le Meridien KL was supposed to the best. IT IS NOT. Yes, it is true it has a large variety but every dish was lousy and mediocre.

Specific criticisms:
  • Nasi Lemak rice had weak coconut flavor. Could hardly taste it.
  • Rendang curry is not spicy at all. I've had more flavorful food in Asian restaurants in Seattle. It's so tasteless that even white people will find it to be bland.
  • The Roti Canai was cold. So were the curries. My favorite malaysian restaurant is Seattle is like so much better.
  • Dim sum was crap. Way better dim sum in Seattle.
  • Food was bland, and generally tasteless. Also all the hot food were not hot enough. The best thing was actually the fried eggs that they cook on the spot. .... It's so pathetic that I find fried eggs to be the best thing...
  • Because the breakfast was "free" (Titanium status), I had to eat. This basically made me full, and I wasn't able to eat a heavy lunch and reduced my eating capacity during my vacation.
  • Did I mention the food is REALLY TERRIBLE? Even a random restaurant on the street makes better stuff. ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. Even the malaysian restaurants in the US have better food than the nonsense they served.
Other irritating disappointments:
  • Air conditioning was WEAK. It was super weak. For a tropical country and a 5* hotel this is just crap. I had a layover after this in Vietnam at some crappy 2* Ibis hotel. That 2* crap in Vietnam had air conditioning that was WAY MORE POWERFUL that than whatever Le Meridien had.
  • No refrigerator in the room. They had a mini bar, but it hardly cools anything.
  • No ice machine, had to call for ice. I had to call 2-3 times every ....ing day for them to send up some ....ing ice.
Le Meridien KL was a real shithole. Yes, it looks great and fancy, and it's so upscale. But the food was crap, and the facilities were crap. AVOID. Basically ruined my vacation.
think the more important question is how did you do with the DYKWIA in getting lounge and breakfast benefits for both rooms?
skywalkerLAX, samosa and ftrichard like this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:26 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
So if the food is bad… don't eat it? Nobody is forcing you to eat hotel breakfast. Just because it's free doesn't mean you have to stuff yourself.

Some people…
samosa and TGLoyalty like this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:38 am

Oh wow the entitlement complex is strong in this one...

Nobody looks for good local food in hotels. Since you can’t find it in Le meridien KL, maybe you should just do western (Prime restaurant has quite good steaks) and go back to Seattle for the excellent and spicy Malaysian food.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:09 pm

Does anyone have any good recommendations on the breakfast food quality at other KL hotels - Aloft, JW Marriott, Renaissance?

I am specifically looking for good local food, that is warm, spicy and flavorful. As a data point and point of reference, if you have had the breakfast at Le Meridien, that gets a D grade in my books.
does your view on breakfast quality (and apparently every little thing about the hotel) tie to the hotel not giving you breakfast and lounge benefits for more than one room?
ftrichard likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.