Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

SPG - Master List of New Hotels and Disposals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 23, 2013, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerry305
Starwood website
Starwood's list of new properties
Starwood's list of new properties (North America only)
Starwood's list of all properties
I recently started this wikipost. You can edit the wikipost, or PM me. Thanks. -jerry305
Print Wikipost

SPG - Master List of New Hotels and Disposals

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Furyleader
also opening la meridian in hualien and taichung , four point in matsu , and aloft in beitou.
They need more hotels further south.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:58 pm

Post Myanmar

First Starwood property in Myanmar.

Myanmar
Yangon
Sheraton Yangon Hotel - Opening July 1, 2017
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:48 am
h2d

Looks like a new Westin in Rusutsu, Japan has just been announced (re-flag), opening December 2015.

Great to see a *wood skiing option in Japan
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:52 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Looks like the unbranded Manhattan at Times Square [former Sheraton Manhattan] will be formally undergoing a 250 million dollar renovation under its new Qatari owners and will reopen by the end of 2017 as a W. I'm attaching an announcement from Qatar's Peninsula newspaper seeing that the work week in the Middle East starts today; a Starwood announcement must be imminent.

Interesting to see this hotel coming back into Starwood's fold... Let's hope the renovation really brings it up to the standards we expect.

- K

Source: http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/bus...el-in-new-york
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by khabah
Looks like the unbranded Manhattan at Times Square [former Sheraton Manhattan] will be formally undergoing a 250 million dollar renovation under its new Qatari owners and will reopen by the end of 2017 as a W. I'm attaching an announcement from Qatar's Peninsula newspaper seeing that the work week in the Middle East starts today; a Starwood announcement must be imminent.

Interesting to see this hotel coming back into Starwood's fold... Let's hope the renovation really brings it up to the standards we expect.

- K

Whoa! Didn't see that coming. I'm not a architect, but I hope they put more into this property than 250 million. Sound like a cheap redo, a la W Lakeshore - Chicago.

I hope they strip it to the studs and replace the systems in order for this to work.

So there will be two W hotels "on" Times Square? What will the name of this property be? the "W Times Square - North" or "W Times Square - Theatre District"?

if they keep the floor plates the same there will be some nice sized rooms/studio suites.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Taipei
Aloft Taipei Zhongshan - Opening November 6, 2015
I hope this is a Cat 2 option, would be nice to have a cheaper option in Taipei city.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Whoa! Didn't see that coming. I'm not a architect, but I hope they put more into this property than 250 million. Sound like a cheap redo, a la W Lakeshore - Chicago.

I hope they strip it to the studs and replace the systems in order for this to work.

So there will be two W hotels "on" Times Square? What will the name of this property be? the "W Times Square - North" or "W Times Square - Theatre District"?

if they keep the floor plates the same there will be some nice sized rooms/studio suites.
Haha, maybe they'll invent a new district the same way the W Los Angeles - Westwood became the W Los Angeles - West Beverly Hills... Whatever the Hell that is.

W New York - Manhattan? Fitting to the current hotel and the Sheraton Manhattan before it, but maybe a bit confusing given that all the Ws in New York are in/on Manhattan?

khabah
Old Sep 6, 2015, 3:48 pm

- K

I love the description of the "classic Art Deco detailing" in the same sentence that says it was built in 1962. The "classic Art Deco detailing" is from a remodel in 1991 when it was converted from the Sheraton City Squire to the Sheraton Manhattan.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Looks like the unbranded Manhattan at Times Square [former Sheraton Manhattan] will be formally undergoing a 250 million dollar renovation under its new Qatari owners and will reopen by the end of 2017 as a W.
Also didn't see this one coming and it makes me wonder if maybe we will have a pending loss of another W in NYC being announced.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

european luxury collection dropped in Q2?

(Q1 end mar 31 2015, Q2 end jun 30 2015)
(number of hotels and number or rooms)

franchise
14 2119
13 2003 (-1 -116)

managed & unconsolidated joint venture
20 3095
22 3301 (+2 +206) (minus gritti: +1 +124)
presumably 101-room augustine?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 10, 2015 at 12:54 pm
Old Sep 13, 2015, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sheraton Annapolis MD is switching to an IHG Crowne Plaza at the end of September.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 1:03 am

Hotel Bristol Odessa, Luxury Collection - left 9/11/15
The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C. - leaves 10/12/15
Four Points by Sheraton Oklahoma City Airport - leaves 11/13/15
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:35 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
Vail Cascade Resort & Spa to open as a Luxury Collection Resort in time for the 2016/17 ski season following a $35m renovation

http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article87262.html
Old Jan 19, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: BONVOY Lifetime Platinum , Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
Spanish properties

Noticed that awaited and desired 2 new spanish properties are now listed on spg.com.

Grand Hotel Central, Barcelona, a Member of Design Hotels™ - Joined SPG January 13, 2016

The Principal Madrid, a Member of Design Hotels™ - Joined SPG January 13, 2016

Any previous comments on either of the two pre SPG era?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:33 pm

^ Speaking of Spain...

W Madrid - 2018
Opening in a restored 19th century former hotel building on Plaza de Canalejas. Location, location, location.

Source: http://www.hospitalitynet.org/news/g...0/4073754.html

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.