Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort, Cancun [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 28, 2021, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort, Cancun [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Thanks guys for the tip. Just managed to pick up the villa for 125 a night after a BRG claim. NO brainer for me.
Old May 11, 2018, 8:36 pm

Is it possible to do a one bedroom villa connecting to a studio? Is that a possibility?
Old May 12, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by kishna
Is it possible to do a one bedroom villa connecting to a studio? Is that a possibility?
Yes, that is how they do the two-bedroom lock-off. If you are booking them separately you may wish to contact the resort to help ensure you have connecting rooms, unless you are booking it as the two-bedroom lock-off in the first place.

Cheers,

Adrian
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:01 pm

What is the status of the major renovations at this property? Are they all done? If not, any idea when they will be finished?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by controller1
I believe this is a one-off and one data point does not mean they are unethical or are hoping you would forget about it. I attended a Vistana presentation March 2 and the points posted to my account on March 12.

Instead of phone calls I like using email. I like the paper trail and it makes it less likely that a business will let it slide.
It's Mexico and it's not a one-off with SPG. My inlaws previously had similar problems. Vistana does not care what happens on the sales floor.

Was successful in getting points after a fedex to the President and Head of Customer Relations at Vistana. Yes, a paper trail is good, along with a lawyer letter.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ScatterX
What is the status of the major renovations at this property? Are they all done? If not, any idea when they will be finished?
I'm thinking you may have posted in the wrong thread. This property was in excellent condition the last time I was there 2 years ago.

The Westin Cancun Resort is undergoing significant renovations.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...thread-35.html
Old Jan 17, 2019, 6:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hey guys, I received a targeted mailer from Westin vacation club on this 5D/4N offer for $269.
They are also throwing in 15k points (not starpoints) to sweeten the deal. We do have plans to travel to South America during May.
But I had no experience with these vaca club deals before, the fine lines states that Vistana travel is the agent for this package.
I've read a few on blogs saying that there definitely will be a few hours of sales pitch and presentations to attend.

I guess my questions are:
- Is this deal worth it?
- Would my stay be eligible for elite nights/points and receive elite benefits? We are Plat Premier with Marriott, so those free bfast are very valuable for us.

5 Days + 4 Nights in Cancún for only $269
This exclusive offer is only available until
January 18, 2019

Dear Bluestrudels,

You’re invited to experience the beauty of Cancún, Mexico, with a stay at the #1 Westin resort in the world as chosen by U.S. News & World Report.
This ultra-exclusive offer includes: 5 Days + 4 Nights at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort, a AAA Four Diamond rated resort
PLUS your choice of 15,000 points from the Starwood Preferred Guest®program OR a $75 Resort Certificate for spa services, dining, shopping or activities during your stay
UPDATE: We called in, made the reservation for June. The charge was really for $269, no tax or additional fee charges, for 1 Queen bed, studio room.
We were also advised the 90-120 tour is mandatory to attend, and 15k pts will be credited by the hotel, so we have to include our member # upon check in.
The rep clarified that our elite perks/nights/points will not apply to this reservation due to the nature of this package.
We'll still give our member # in check in and try to fish for it anyways.
Other than that, this is actually a really good deal, avg night rates runs at $350/night incl tax.
Will check in again once we complete our stay. Cheers!

Last edited by exploreaswego; Jan 18, 2019 at 8:51 am Reason: update
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:47 pm

15k SPG points or 45k Marriott / Bonvoy points?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
UPDATE: We called in, made the reservation for June. The charge was really for $269, no tax or additional fee charges, for 1 Queen bed, studio room.
We were also advised the 90-120 tour is mandatory to attend, and 15k pts will be credited by the hotel, so we have to include our member # upon check in.
The rep clarified that our elite perks/nights/points will not apply to this reservation due to the nature of this package.
We'll still give our member # in check in and try to fish for it anyways.
Other than that, this is actually a really good deal, avg night rates runs at $350/night incl tax.
Will check in again once we complete our stay. Cheers!
All of this is 100% true. Be sure to save the paperwork as it took us 6 months and a lawyer letter to get our points. The presentation is very low key, much better than most car salesmen. And just as bad at math.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
15k SPG points or 45k Marriott / Bonvoy points?
Probably 15k bonvoy points. If it's for SPG, it should have stated 15k starpoints, which now no longer exists..

Originally Posted by Boraxo
All of this is 100% true. Be sure to save the paperwork as it took us 6 months and a lawyer letter to get our points. The presentation is very low key, much better than most car salesmen. And just as bad at math.
Wow! 6 months and a lawyer letter! Did you guys managed to get points or elite nights for the stay? Well, tbh $269 for 4 nights is still a steal, and we might just forgo the points if we can't get it.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
"You’re invited to experience the beauty of Cancún, Mexico, with a stay at the #1 Westin resort in the world as chosen by U.S. News & World Report.
This ultra-exclusive offer includes: 5 Days + 4 Nights at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort, a AAA Four Diamond rated resort
PLUS your choice of 15,000 points from the Starwood Preferred Guest®program OR a $75 Resort Certificate for spa services, dining, shopping or activities during your stay"

I just received this offer yesterday and booked it this morning. Only difference is it's now 15,000 Marriott Baloney points or $75 AND it says the room is a "personal studio villa".

Looks like I might go with the $75 credit so I don't have to worry about following up on the points posting....

T&C on back state "Due to the special pricing on this vacation package we are unable to offer select Marriott Baloney Elite member benefits including upgrades, SNA, 4p late ckout, Your24. In addition some Elite welcome amenities may not be available. The nights and charges for this pkg are not considered an eligible rate or stay under the Marriott Baloney program"

Any updates on current elite benefits offered to Plats booking this package?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Speedy Rewards Beverage Club
I'm hoping I can get some recent trip experiences at the Lagunamar. My family (me, wife, kids, and grandparents) are headed down on Saturday for a week. We've got reservations at the JW Marriott for basically the same price (but with the "club 91" access and a $50/day resort credit). As Bonvoy Titanium, what benes would we expect?

We're just trying to decide whether it's worth moving over to the Lagunamar for a slightly larger room.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Any updates on current elite benefits offered to Plats booking this package?
You might not get the benefits. I used to get the emails for the timeshare at the Westin Kāʻanapali on Maui in Hawaii all the time. The 5-night package with the rental car and bonus points looked pretty good until I read the fine print, which said I wouldn't accrue elite credit or points. I don't remember if benefits were excluded.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:00 pm

I'm also trying to decide between these two for a points stay, J.W. price is more expensive but did Westin offer Lounge for kids breakfast?

Originally Posted by DAYflier
I'm hoping I can get some recent trip experiences at the Lagunamar. My family (me, wife, kids, and grandparents) are headed down on Saturday for a week. We've got reservations at the JW Marriott for basically the same price (but with the "club 91" access and a $50/day resort credit). As Bonvoy Titanium, what benes would we expect?

We're just trying to decide whether it's worth moving over to the Lagunamar for a slightly larger room.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by ecgz88
I'm also trying to decide between these two for a points stay, J.W. price is more expensive but did Westin offer Lounge for kids breakfast?
There is no lounge at Westin Lagunamar. Were you thinking of Westin Resort?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.