Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Old Apr 28, 2021, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Will08
For me if you have to pay 7 days out or one day out it is pretty irrelevant. By this point I would only not be turning up if I had been denied boarding which in either case I would be in the same position. Having said that, I believe both hotels would change your dates free of charge and subject to availability.
I can't agree with that. There's a huge difference between a 7 day and 24 hour cancel window. Among other things, Thailand requires a negative COVID test within 72 hours of departure - the 7 day window would allow the hotel to keep at least 50% of your deposit if you test positive and have to cancel on that basis. I also have a job which often requires last minute changes to travel plans (my recent Maui trip I had to cancel hotel twice at the 24 hour window based on work demands).

And I really don't want to have to count on the hotel to give me a discretionary break by allowing me to reschedule. That's putting a big chunk of money at risk, with only the hope the hotel's management will do the right thing. There are plenty of threads in this forum describing situations where properties have refused COVID-related relief, leaving the customer zero recourse.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
And in case anyone cares the rules were just changed again so everyone (who is allowed into the country) has to do 14 day quarantine starting May 1! I wonder how many of the vaccinated doing 7 day have turned up positive? Yes, I don't think the change had anything to do with real risk
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:20 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by estnet
And in case anyone cares the rules were just changed again so everyone (who is allowed into the country) has to do 14 day quarantine starting May 1! I wonder how many of the vaccinated doing 7 day have turned up positive? Yes, I don't think the change had anything to do with real risk
I didn't realise this had been made official, do you have a source for this?
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:44 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Will08
I didn't realise this had been made official, do you have a source for this?
I believe it has just now been officially announced, starting May 1, 2021.

Source is "Richard Barrow In Thailand".
Will08 likes this.

Last edited by restlessinRNO; Apr 29, 2021 at 3:53 am Reason: adding source.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 5:29 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by estnet
This is the impression I got from the announcement today in Thai, but the announcement in English seems to suggest there's an exemption for those who received their COE before May 1 and will arrive before May 6—these travelers will quarantine on the current 7/10-day timeline depending on vaccination status. I suppose the details will shake out over the next few hours (and change a couple of times, knowing this government.)

Re conversation above on payment schedule for LM v CY: FWIW, in my last ASQ stay at CY I did not have to complete full payment until arrival and that seems like it will be the case for my upcoming ASQ stay there next month as well.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by prathetkrungthep
This is the impression I got from the announcement today in Thai, but the announcement in English seems to suggest there's an exemption for those who received their COE before May 1 and will arrive before May 6—these travelers will quarantine on the current 7/10-day timeline depending on vaccination status. I suppose the details will shake out over the next few hours (and change a couple of times, knowing this government.)
Interesting. We arrive May 4 and have a 7 day quarantine. We'll cancel if it's indeed extended to 14 days.

Here's a screenshot from Richard Barrow's Twitter:

Looks official but who knows.

Further questions about what this means in terms of onward travel within Thailand post-quarantine!
restlessinRNO and goodeats21 like this.

Last edited by Kacee; Apr 29, 2021 at 8:00 am
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Kacee
Interesting. We arrive May 4 and have a 7 day quarantine. We'll cancel if it's indeed extended to 14 days.

Here's a screenshot from Richard Barrow's Twitter:

Looks official but who knows.

Further questions about what this means in terms of onward travel within Thailand post-quarantine!
That's an excellent question. You've been in Thailand enough that I don't need to drone on about it, but from my local contacts, seems very fluid situation, with areas enacting and changing "rules" quite a bit.

Also hearing informally about some observations that don't bode too well...full hospitals, deaths, etc.
Don't think it is anywhere near USA surge levels of history, but also would be concerned about availability of advanced medical treatment, if needed for any reason...covid or other.

Seems like I timed my visit very well (totally luck). If I had plans to return soon, I would be very undecided about how to handle.

Good luck.
estnet likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium

There has been a constant battle between policy and trying not to discourage returning tourists they desperately need. During this year there has been a number of policies - quarantine then free to go where ever, quarantine then as long as you depart BKK the day you leave your ASQ then you can go where ever without requiring to quarantine (again) and also double quarantine regardless. This new "Dark Red Zone" category also means no dining out, which is a shame for BKK.

Phuket has been a good option for quarantine but most people would require a positioning flight in order to be able to fly direct as transit through BKK is not allowed.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:55 pm

LM sent an email confirming the policy stated above (COE issued prior to 5/1, arrival before 5/6, 7 day quarantine still available (subject, of course, to whatever the immigration officer determines).
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I would be very undecided about how to handle.

Good luck.
Yep, that's us - very undecided!
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:08 pm

LM sent an email confirming the policy stated above (COE issued prior to 5/1, arrival before 5/6, 7 day quarantine still available (subject, of course, to whatever the immigration officer determines).

Yep, that's us - very undecided!
I think it is clear that you can enter May 4 and still qualify for 7 day quarantine. It is highly unlikely any further changes will affect this time period. The BKK health official confirmed and issued a 7 day quarantine paper to me on arrival with no problems, once he saw my USA CDC vaccination card. However closure of restaurants in the dark red provinces is an unexpected blow. Combined with complex inter-provincial travel restrictions, one could easily question travel to Thailand now. But travel later may mean a 14 day quarantine. "there's the rub".
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
However closure of restaurants in the dark red provinces is an unexpected blow. Combined with complex inter-provincial travel restrictions, one could easily question travel to Thailand now. But travel later may mean a 14 day quarantine. "there's the rub".
A dilemma indeed. We were planning to go from Bangkok to Krabi (Lanta), which is still at lowest restriction level.
Old May 3, 2021, 10:22 pm

How long does it take for Marriott stays to post, I wonder. I am new to Marriott Bonvoy. I was "released" from my 7 day / 8 night stay over a week ago, and would like my 8 status nights credit (X 2 due to promotion). Do I need to contact the hotel or marriott.com ?
Old May 3, 2021, 10:30 pm

How long does it take for Marriott stays to post, I wonder. I am new to Marriott Bonvoy. I was "released" from my 7 day / 8 night stay over a week ago, and would like my 8 status nights credit (X 2 due to promotion). Do I need to contact the hotel or marriott.com ?
Yes. Stay should post second day after checkout. I noticed my reservation never showed in my Bonvoy account.

Check pm for property contact email.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old May 4, 2021, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Yes. Stay should post second day after checkout. I noticed my reservation never showed in my Bonvoy account.

My ASQ showed in my account and posted automatically, though was not as quick to post as a regular stay. After a week, agree you should be contacting the hotel to inquire. I am sure they will take good care of it.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old May 5, 2021, 8:51 pm

I am pleased to relate that after writing to the LM Front Office Manager, my recent stay has just been credited to my Marriott Bonvoy account. I was notified this morning by Marriott International. I received 7,679 base points, and 8 status nights. I was also credited with my elite bonus points and the double points and double elite nights, with the recent promotion. (The Covid test and limousine ride were considered non-eligible expenses.) Very impressive customer service.

In conclusion, I have been very happy with my ASQ stay here. Good and responsive customer service, lovely meals, ... I can recommend this ASQ hotel without reservation, for those wanting more than a basic budget accommodation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.