Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:35 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Maybe it's because i'm only 29 but i have never had any issues with any sound/noise/music volume at LM Bangkok.

For those that say the music in the elevators are distracting, what do you do during the 30 sec ride up the elevators that require so much of your concentration? maybe it's just me but i just stand there and do nothing for most of my rides... and don't mind having a little video screen with music in the background to keep my sights and sounds occupied, if not entertained.
It isn't that having music is annoying, it is the selected soundtrack itself which is annoying. It isn't just at the LM BKK, it is a brand-wide initiative.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jaejaez
Maybe it's because i'm only 29 but i have never had any issues with any sound/noise/music volume at LM Bangkok.

as much as i like WGS, my issue with it is what goes on outside its gates at 10+ PM every night. for those that have been there will know what i mean........
I have been there and will be back in a few days over new years. One thing about bangkok is that there is something for everyone, that is for sure. In many cases that something in Bangkok is one of the few places in the world it exists to that extent.

You could say the same about any luxury hotel along Sukhumvit. Part of the deal in BKK.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 4:47 pm
DJC

Programs: AC - Super Elite, AA - Platinum, DL - Basic, HHonors - Gold, SPG - Platinum, Fairmont - Gold
I will be staying here for one night next week. I'll be eligible for a 4pm late check-out but my flight doesn't leave from BKK until 0015. I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with seeing if the hotel will let you use the gym/pool area later in the afternoon as it would be great if I could have a work out, etc. in the evening before heading out to the airport. Has anybody requested this in the past?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 5:17 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
As I really enjoy the rooms and public spaces of this hotel I decided to stay again last week for one night between stays at the Plaza Athenee and the Westin.

Although I'd seen online that I was pre-upgraded to a suite, when I arrived I was informed that no suite was available and I'd been upgraded to a Vista room. My previous stay was in a suite and they are really great. The Vista room was quite large and the long sofa was very comfortable. No complaints.

I went down to Bamboo Chic bar for Plat cocktails and was served some delicious snacks. When asked if I'd like another round of the snacks I said that the previous time I recall some fried okra that was delicious. They brought some over and when my cocktails/dinner guest arrived later another round of snacks was served.

Part of the reason for my stay was to use a Starwood Privilege dining coupon. We asked for an explanation of the dining options in the hotel and were told there is an international cuisine restaurant and an Asian restaurant with a buffet. The Asian restaurant is part of Bamboo Chic or rather the bar is part of the restaurant. We decided to try Bamboo Chic. Upon asking if we could move over from the bar to the restaurant, we were told that they'd look to see if there were tables available. At this point things went south.

Our wait to hear about tables lasted about 20 minutes. Finally I flagged down a waitress and asked what is happening and wer were immediately shown to a table. It was quite dark in the restaurant and hard to read the menu. It wasn't until we finished ordering that someone came over and lit the candle on the table. We ordered a foie gras sushi dish as an appetizer and a salad and duck dish for the mains.

After about 25 minutes someone came to apologize that the food was taking so long. Another 5 minutes or so passed before the appetizer and salad (supposed to be a main) arrived. The salad was in line with the fusion style of the restaurant as the lettuce wasn't cut but huge. full leaves.

About 20 minutes later we inquired as to the duck dish and it arrived perhaps 10 minutes later. At some point we asked for napkins since the table had not been set with napkins. Eventually we flagged someone down and asked for the desert menu. After reviewing the options we decided that nothing look appealing and the green tea tofu tiramisu looked to be the oddest of the options.

We asked for the bill and handed over the Starwood Privilege voucher. The waitress came back and said that we hadn't used up the THB 2000 and had just enough money for the green tea tofu tiramisu. (+1 for good service). We ordered the tiramisu and when it arrived each took a taste. We didn't find it appealing and left it at that. Then it took us a bit of time to get the bill and get out.

The one bright spot, other than the +1 above was that it turned out we were sitting next to FTer BigE and his girlfriend.

The next day when checking out I let the woman at the front desk know about the horrible service. She apologized and thanked me several times for letting her know about it. She asked if they were very full. I told her about 70%. I suspect that the mistake I made was to order ala carte when there is a buffet available.

Anyway, I still don't like the schlep to the BTS but I love the rooms, enjoy cocktails in Bamboo Chic and still didn't try breakfast.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 2:29 am

Two stays here over the past month, both upgraded to an Avantec Suite... very comfortable, and very nice place. Great breakfast at the Latest Recipe included as part of the plat benefits, and its seems they have turned down the music a bit in the restaurant.

The hotel might think about adding one or two more chairs on the pool deck (perhaps removing one or two of the large covered pavilions) as the area fills up quite quickly in the morning and several people were lying on the ground.

I really like this place, though - will definitely be back.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
First stay as a platinum and upgr. to a AVANTEC Suite.
Very nice room, modern stylish and perfcet bathroom, the expressomashine in room and a lot of free chocolate and nuts ( very nice ).
booked the cheapest 3000 THB rate. Defenetly will go back to this hotel, even the Sukumvit area is normaly more where we like to stay.
the next night we hoped to Plaza Athene, where we also have been upgr. to a stand. Suite. But them already a litle bit old, and not that modern.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, AA Lifetime Plat, SPG Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United Plat
I haven't seen any posts recently for experiences for SPG Gold Members. Planning to spend 5-7 nights in BKK in March and saw the 3000THB rate. Do Gold members receive any benefits at this property? After reading all the platinum perks wish I hadn't let my status lapse last year!!!
Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:58 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by uncguy85
Do Gold members receive any benefits at this property?
A couple of weeks ago I asked the hotel the same question and got this reply:

Dear Mr. olisch,

Greeting from Le Méridien Bangkok !!!

Thank you very much for your email. Please be informed that for Starwood Preferred Guest Gold member will be assigned room in SPG floor and you will receive three Starpoints for every eligible USD u spend at the hotel.
Should you have further queries or need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Maybe you'll get "more" at check inn
Old Jan 17, 2010, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by makin'miles
.........Great breakfast at the Latest Recipe included as part of the plat benefits...
Is this offer also available on weekend? TIA
Old Jan 18, 2010, 4:32 am

I think its part of the standard Platinum package... I've received it both weekdays and weekends.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:10 am

Any idea how much the breakfast would cost?

Am heading over in Feb, will only be able to post impressions at that time and perhaps try my luck bargaining thai style for some SPG Gold perks if any.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 2K, BD Gold, DL/NW Gold, SPG Plat, MRW Silver, Hertz PC
Red Hot Deals Rate 2500++/night

Not sure when this is valid for, I saw it come up during a search for a single night stay next week. 2500THB + tax or 2942 all in. Seems like a great deal.

Rate Plan Description
RED HOT DEALS - GET 50 PERCENT OFF. LIMITED TIME ONLY. FULLY PREPAID. NON-REFUNDABLE. NON CHANGABLE. ADVANCE PURCHASE RATE.FULLY PREPAID..
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:21 pm

There are a bunch of these deals in Bangkok right now... noticed that the WGS was also for sale under THB 3000 (THB 2750 maybe?).
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:57 pm

ROS is at 2850 before taxes.

Seems like many deals around as i hear about a upcoming protest of some sort at BKK before the elections.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 6:12 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Just booked a 3000 baht prepaid rate for a 1 night stay end of March. Looking forward to a meaningful upgrade I hope. I resisted the PA promo for that is BAR and will get 2x points anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.