Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nexus7556
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by kkl
Is the Plat laundry, 2 pieces per guest per day?
no unfortunately, per stay..
Old Jun 25, 2019, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by kkl
Is the Plat laundry, 2 pieces per guest per day?
And is it full laundry or only pressing?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by puchong
And is it full laundry or only pressing?
Its real laundry
Old Jul 10, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
I just checked in for a 2 night stay; I would like to thank the person who either posted up-thread or in the Bangkok general thread that the Sam Yan MRT station was
more convenient than the Silom station, which I had used on all previous stays. Indeed, it is a short 5-6 minute walk from the station to the hotel. And, as a bonus,
I discovered a new laundry place in the soi leading from the station to the hotel.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
I just checked in for a 2 night stay; I would like to thank the person who either posted up-thread or in the Bangkok general thread that the Sam Yan MRT station was
more convenient than the Silom station, which I had used on all previous stays. Indeed, it is a short 5-6 minute walk from the station to the hotel. And, as a bonus,
I discovered a new laundry place in the soi leading from the station to the hotel.
That might have been me. Pleased you found it useful.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
4. After about seven minutes on hold, she came back to tell me that she had figured out what happened and opened a case on it. She gave me the case number and told me that if I don't hear from Loyalty Support (or whatever it was) within three business days, I should call them using that case number.
Originally Posted by yosithezet
What is totally shocking is that she didn’t fix your problem.
Originally Posted by SHLTP
except that she didn't solve anything. Pleasant or not, english ability or not. Nothing was solved then and there as it should. Let's see if it actually should...
I don't fault her for not actually fixing my problem. Perhaps she doesn't have the ability to do that. The real issue is what happens now.
Update, for anyone who's still interested: I spoke with Marriott CS several times over the course of about a week. Each person with whom I spoke was professional and appropriately friendly. They all agreed that this should be able to be fixed. But in the end, Marriott CS was unable to do anything and closed the case. On the advice of a friend, I contacted the Lurkers, who fixed the problem in under 24 hours!
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Update, for anyone who's still interested: I spoke with Marriott CS several times over the course of about a week. Each person with whom I spoke was professional and appropriately friendly. They all agreed that this should be able to be fixed. But in the end, Marriott CS was unable to do anything and closed the case. On the advice of a friend, I contacted the Lurkers, who fixed the problem in under 24 hours!
great that it was fixed - but your experience shows why I am bailing on Marriott. CS is friendly but either not empowered or don't understand how to fix your issues. Lurkers should not be relied on.

I just finished a 14 night stay this week at the Hyatt Regency Bangkok. My original plan was to stay there 4 nights and then switch to LM and PA. But in the end I stayed the whole time with Hyatt as the app to book didn't work for me several times and the CS response not acceptable. I got fed up.

Hyatt service was great, even if I prefer PA hardware frankly by a lot. Marriott really needs to get its IT and CS issues fixed
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

... the app to book didn't work for me several times and the CS response not acceptable. I got fed up.
Sometimes it pays to call the hotel directly. I did that once at LM, and it worked out great. I ended up becoming [professionally] friendly with the front office manager, Khun KK, who is now rooms manager at Marriott Surawongse, down the street. She's a very nice lady who has helped me out more than once.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:27 pm

Sometimes it pays to call the hotel directly. I did that once at LM, and it worked out great. I ended up becoming [professionally] friendly with the front office manager, Khun KK, who is now rooms manager at Marriott Surawongse, down the street. She's a very nice lady who has helped me out more than once.
My experience on Marriott properties has remained great, and I often do reach out directly to property execs.

I just don't feel valued by Marriott corporate and the program. I don't want to spend my money at Marriott right now. You have more patience that I to call CS several times and then go to the lurkers to get something fixed. I've wasted too much of my life dealing with Marriott CS this year.

If I don't re qualify for globalist I ll spend more at marriott next yearyear if convenient or go to whatever is best. But if I re qualify I'll just stay at Hyatt when possible until Marriott fixes things
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
I just want to point out that last weekend I was upgraded to the Presidential Suite on the top floor.

A ridiculous room really for one person (most of the time). But it goes to show that they do prioritise their loyal customers here.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:15 pm

delete

Last edited by SHLTP; Dec 22, 2019 at 11:44 pm
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by ftrichard
I just want to point out that last weekend I was upgraded to the Presidential Suite on the top floor.

A ridiculous room really for one person (most of the time). But it goes to show that they do prioritise their loyal customers here.
The one below is exactly the same, but with the regular ceiling.

I will not be surprised if they transform the top floor suite into a lounge.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:51 pm

I agree. This is a great property. I was around the area last weekend. Perhaps we crossed paths
Not too many of us at Platinum drinks on Saturday. Were you there? I took a mate and there were only a handful of others. The whole area seemed quiet actually - more like a Tuesday night off season than a Saturday night. Clubs were not packed.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by UASPG
The one below is exactly the same, but with the regular ceiling.

I will not be surprised if they transform the top floor suite into a lounge.
Ahhh, no. Transform the next floor down and keep the Presidential Suite as it is with its double height ceiling. Actually I've been in there a couple of times before when they've done Platinum happy hour drinks up there but never stayed there. It was showing on the app all day on Friday and I kept checking to make sure it hadn't changed.

I wonder if they need an actual lounge. If they had a formal lounge then they would have to compete meal for meal with the other lounges in Bangkok and the standard is very high. Today, they have a differentiated offering in Bamboo Chic which I really enjoy (except when it's moved for weddings). You can't beat breakfast in the Platinum area as it is. And I'm not sure I want to read lounge hounds complaining that the spread of food at Le Meridien's lounge isn't comprehensive enough for them and their extended family's dinner feast.
EuropeanPete, helvetic and Kacee like this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree, having spent a few PLT Happy Hours there, myself. But also remember that for Thai owners an over-the-top Presidential/Royal Suite may be a matter of status, appearance, and face, whether they can get anyone to pay those prices or not. This hotel, like the Marriott Surawongse down the street, is owned by an individual Thai gentleman.

I wonder if they need an actual lounge. If they had a formal lounge then they would have to compete meal for meal with the other lounges in Bangkok and the standard is very high. Today, they have a differentiated offering in Bamboo Chic which I really enjoy (except when it's moved for weddings). You can't beat breakfast in the Platinum area as it is. And I'm not sure I want to read lounge hounds complaining that the spread of food at Le Meridien's lounge isn't comprehensive enough for them and their extended family's dinner feast.
I much prefer not having a lounge, if nothing else, for the ability to get a variety of mixed drinks at one or more of the hotel's regular venues that serve alcohol. Bamboo Chic at LM, and a choice of three or four at SGS. With a PLT/Exec lounge, it's pretty much pour your own, but if you want a mixed drink....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.