Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Le Meridien Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 3, 19, 9:27 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: lamphs
Wiki Link
Hotel email address: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 25, 19, 8:08 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by newshound View Post
Yep, my upgrade success used to be super high but it has declined noticeably of late - kind of surprising given they were one night stays booked with some advance notice so should be easy to slot in an upgrade at least 1 out of 3 occasions. Perhaps they see me only as LT Titanium (although I also qualify for titanium through stays each year) so maybe they don't give me the same treatment as someone they may perceive as a regular/active titanium?
If you are Titanium then it might be that upgrade success will be marginally lower than in the past, while those who are Ambassador will have marginally better odds.
Old Apr 14, 19, 3:45 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Amb
Just finished 3 stays in short time at this property (4 days in total).

Upgraded 3 times, got my laundry quickly after arrival (free platinum laundry from my previous stay few days before) same for luggage stored in the property.

The Platinum afternoon drink in Bamboo Chic got improved with more choice of food available on display (quality was good).
One time I arrived almost at 7:30PM and the staff where very nice and understanding, provided me drinks even past the official time.

Breakfast still nice with the Prosecco wine for Platinum, and the dedicated area.

Tried the spa for first time and very happy about the massage skill of the therapist.
I will definitively come back.
kodansha999 likes this.

Last edited by GalaxyChris; Apr 14, 19 at 5:56 pm
Old Jun 10, 19, 6:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Cathay Pacific Gold
Missing Stay: first time in > 40 stays

Any other regular guests experienced their recent stay not posting? I stay here regularly so know to expect my stay to post the day after check out. It posted the next morning under SPG and now regularly by the afternoon under Marriott.

So my last stay, check out Sunday 2 June, hasn't posted. Of course I know people there and asked them last Thursday to check it out but was told it can take up to ten days (natch, no it doesn't) so I waited until last night and prodded them again. They've escalated it to Bonvoy as a missing stay.

Just wondering if any other regulars have experienced this at this hotel. I don't understand what has changed to make this happen. Dismissing such inconsistencies as "you've been Bonvoyed" doesn't help. Design Hotels manually enter stays into a portal so the posts are subject to human error. But surely now Le Meridien is on the Marriott reservation system it should be the same automatic process every time. Interesting that the hotel cannot investigate it and do a root cause analysis themselves and can only escalate to corporate.

The only thing that was vaguely different is that this time when I checked in having pre-paid some time ago (Le Meridien is super fast at taking pre-payment on such advanced reservations - often the next day) they did not ask for my credit card to guarantee any additional charges. First time ever they didn't block an additional amount on the card. I assumed it was because they know they know me now. After, as I say, > 40 stays. I didn't spend anything more so there was nothing to settle when I checked out. Could this change in process not kick off the stay submission in Marriott's IT?
Old Jun 10, 19, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by ftrichard View Post
Any other regular guests experienced their recent stay not posting? I stay here regularly so know to expect my stay to post the day after check out. It posted the next morning under SPG and now regularly by the afternoon under Marriott.

So my last stay, check out Sunday 2 June, hasn't posted.
My June 2 departure from SGS hasn't posted yet. Maybe it's a Bangkok blackout.
Old Jun 10, 19, 10:41 pm

Well, the morning after they raised the missing stay with Bonvoy here it is. 310 Base Points. For two nights. I think not. Also no 1000 welcome points. Back to round 2. Not had this problem before.
Old Jun 11, 19, 3:43 am

Programs: SPG(LTG), SIA, Turkish Elite, Korean, Qantas
Well, the morning after they raised the missing stay with Bonvoy here it is. 310 Base Points. For two nights. I think not. Also no 1000 welcome points. Back to round 2. Not had this problem before.
With SPG never needed to claim a missing stay. With Marriott had to claim 4 out of 6 stays then go back and deal with points crediting as well.
Old Jun 11, 19, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Call CS. They will fix your points while you are on the phone.
dgreen12 and ftrichard like this.
Old Jun 11, 19, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
Call CS. They will fix your points while you are on the phone.
Actually, phoning CS is my very last, most extreme, option and based on the anecdotes on FT I feel anxious at the thought of even looking for a Bonvoy call center number let alone the stress of actually dialling it. I've never phoned CS (from China who would I get? Someone who barely speaks English? And has even less understanding of what I'm trying to resolve than me?). My preference is to deal with it by email because it takes up less of my time and gives me a trail.

What I want to know is, how does this happen? It's not good enough to say "Bonvoyed" or "Marriott IT" as though that explains why a stay at a hotel I've stayed at without incident more than 40 times first of all doesn't post and, secondly, posts so incorrectly when they raise it through their own channels with corporate.

I know them well enough to keep batting it back to them nicely and they're raising it again. I also have a direct email of a helpful, quick, named guy in corporate who mailed me about another minor issue in the past so that's my second line support. But my preference is for the hotel I stayed at (and in this case give significant business to) to be able to resolve my customer issues directly because it's possible that the root cause of the failure started with the hotel and they need to know about this and fix the process.
Old Jun 11, 19, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Actually, phoning CS is my very last, most extreme, option and based on the anecdotes on FT I feel anxious at the thought of even looking for a Bonvoy call center number let alone the stress of actually dialling it. I've never phoned CS (from China who would I get? Someone who barely speaks English? And has even less understanding of what I'm trying to resolve than me?). My preference is to deal with it by email because it takes up less of my time and gives me a trail.

What I want to know is, how does this happen? It's not good enough to say "Bonvoyed" or "Marriott IT" as though that explains why a stay at a hotel I've stayed at without incident more than 40 times first of all doesn't post and, secondly, posts so incorrectly when they raise it through their own channels with corporate.

I know them well enough to keep batting it back to them nicely and they're raising it again. I also have a direct email of a helpful, quick, named guy in corporate who mailed me about another minor issue in the past so that's my second line support. But my preference is for the hotel I stayed at (and in this case give significant business to) to be able to resolve my customer issues directly because it's possible that the root cause of the failure started with the hotel and they need to know about this and fix the process.
I have some information in which you might be interested, -- and I think that you'll find it totally shocking!!

I called Marriott/Bonvoy CX just yesterday for a problem. They charged a recent seven night stay as an award stay, when I had been very specific with the phone agent that I was using my travel package certificate.

1. The agent with whom I spoke spoke fluent English; it was obviously her native language.

2. She started out the call by thanking me for my loyalty as a LT TIT member.

3. She was friendly, helpful and customer service oriented. She put me on hold for a bit to research the source of my problem. Even when I was on hold, she came back on the line every few minutes to let me know that she hadn't forgotten me.

4. After about seven minutes on hold, she came back to tell me that she had figured out what happened and opened a case on it. She gave me the case number and told me that if I don't hear from Loyalty Support (or whatever it was) within three business days, I should call them using that case number.

5. She thanked me for my loyalty again before telling me to have a good day, and the call ended.
dgreen12 and margarita girl like this.
Old Jun 12, 19, 2:55 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
My June 2 departure from SGS hasn't posted yet. Maybe it's a Bangkok blackout.
My points at Marriott Surawongse posted correctly 24 hours after check-out. No such BKK blackout!
Old Jun 12, 19, 4:42 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TG*G, Mar LTBT, Hyatt Glb, AA PLT-LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
I have some information in which you might be interested, -- and I think that you'll find it totally shocking!!
What is totally shocking is that she didn’t fix your problem.

This happened with a stay at this property?
Paella747 and ftrichard like this.

Last edited by yosithezet; Jun 12, 19 at 5:17 am
Old Jun 12, 19, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet View Post
What is totally shocking is that she didn’t fix your problem.

This happened with a stay at this property?
Marriott Surawongse. My impression was that she was unable to correct the problem herself; and that's why she referred it out. She was at the Marriott central number, not at the property.
Old Jun 12, 19, 7:11 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post

I called Marriott/Bonvoy CX just yesterday for a problem. They charged a recent seven night stay as an award stay, when I had been very specific with the phone agent that I was using my travel package certificate.

1. The agent with whom I spoke spoke fluent English; it was obviously her native language.

2. She started out the call by thanking me for my loyalty as a LT TIT member.

3. She was friendly, helpful and customer service oriented. She put me on hold for a bit to research the source of my problem. Even when I was on hold, she came back on the line every few minutes to let me know that she hadn't forgotten me.

4. After about seven minutes on hold, she came back to tell me that she had figured out what happened and opened a case on it. She gave me the case number and told me that if I don't hear from Loyalty Support (or whatever it was) within three business days, I should call them using that case number.

5. She thanked me for my loyalty again before telling me to have a good day, and the call ended.
except that she didn't solve anything. Pleasant or not, english ability or not. Nothing was solved then and there as it should. Let's see if it actually should...

Me? I'm trying to book 7 week trip in a region I have loyalty to SPG hotels. Literally 40% of the time I've tried booking the app has been down. I might have to switch to Hyatt even in this region... Im globalist now and CS at HQ excellent. They fix every time while on phone

for me looks like Hyatt over PA or LM this trip leg in Thai
Old Jun 12, 19, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SHLTP View Post
except that she didn't solve anything. Pleasant or not, english ability or not. Nothing was solved then and there as it should. Let's see if it actually should...
I was responding to the issues ftrichard raised in his note. And I'm in Thailand, so presumably I got a local (at least this side of the world) call center. I don't fault her for not actually fixing my problem. Perhaps she doesn't have the ability to do that. The real issue is what happens now.
Old Jun 25, 19, 8:29 am
kkl

Is the Plat laundry, 2 pieces per guest per day?

Search this Thread