Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:36 am

Most lounges allow a member +1 at FS Marriotts. So that would help some.

I've found that the majority of them (with some exceptions in the morning at breakfast, and evening right at appetizer time) don't have someone at the door, so you could, in theory, let the whole crew in with your keycard.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I have booked more than one room on several occasions and always the benefits have applied to all e.g. upgraded rooms and lounge access.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:46 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Data Point: Most of my redemptions are for international properties, but the few domestic US properties where I have redeemed points for multiple rooms have granted lounge access to both rooms.
I've reserved multiple rooms quite a few times as well. My domestic US experience has been the same. I don't remember ever not having lounge access extended to the 2nd room.

But my non-US experience hasn't been the same. The 2nd room was NOT provided access to the lounge in London area (what used to be called the Slough Marriott), Tokyo, Wuhan (they actually did finally provide access when I showed them I had 6 weeks worth of stays there and I would move to a different location otherwise), Shanghai (once, but did on other stays), KL, and Singapore.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I've reserved multiple rooms quite a few times as well. My domestic US experience has been the same. I don't remember ever not having lounge access extended to the 2nd room.

But my non-US experience hasn't been the same. The 2nd room was NOT provided access to the lounge in London area (what used to be called the Slough Marriott), Tokyo, Wuhan (they actually did finally provide access when I showed them I had 6 weeks worth of stays there and I would move to a different location otherwise), Shanghai (once, but did on other stays), KL, and Singapore.
I did have the benefits extended in Shanghai, as well as in Prague, Budapest, and Amsterdam (FS, several times). The breakfast benefit was extended at the Paris Champs property several times. The Bangkok hotels have done it and the Pattaya Resort (of blessed memory).
Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Breakfast has always been extended to us for both rooms in the US and abroad.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Originally Posted by hhoope01

Easily fixed by simply asking for two room keys.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by Collierkr
Easily fixed by simply asking for two room keys.
And what if they have a lounge attendant checking room numbers/names? I personally wouldn't count on an extra key working, and it's an ethical gray area to me as well.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Elite Benefits for Second Room?

As a Marriott Gold member, I'm booking two rooms on an upcoming stay. In practice, what benefits will the two occupants of the second room receive? Marriott's website provides some information, but I'd like to get feedback from FTers based on actual experience. I've stayed at this hotel several times before, if that counts for anything, and received a welcome e-mail from the GM a week ahead.

- 4 pm late checkout. Website implies this covers the second room.
- Room upgrade. Website says the second room isn't covered, but it would seem odd to assign the second room to a non-elite floor.
- Breakfast benefit. Website says two people only. Is that firm?

Thanks for weighing in.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:08 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Check out the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ed-points.html thread. There are more threads on this topic as well, but the above is the most recent (did a search using "second room" to find it.) Also note, paying with points or cash won't have an affect on your getting elite benefits.

I don't usually try to get a late check-out for both rooms (when I have reserved more than 1). But you could always combine luggage/items into one room that does have the late check-out (if the hotel only let you check-out late in one room).

For the upgrade and breakfast, I wouldn't expect a hotel to offer 2 suite upgrades. But they might be willing to upgrade both to the CL level (if they have one and they aren't too busy.) For free breakfast, it really depends. In the US, I've almost always had both rooms given lounge access (which gets breakfast). But outside of the US it has been a bit more hit/miss.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Explore
- 4 pm late checkout. Website implies this covers the second room.
- Room upgrade. Website says the second room isn't covered, but it would seem odd to assign the second room to a non-elite floor.
- Breakfast benefit. Website says two people only. Is that firm?
The T&Cs are clear that all benefits extend to the member's room only.

Elite Membership General

3. Benefits of Elite Membership are reserved for Members only and apply only to the one guest room in which the Elite Member is staying.
This would mean the 4:00 pm checkout would be limited to one room, the UG to one room and the breakfast to two people per the rules.

But...

IME, you may be able to get the late checkout on the second room, depending on the occupancy expected for that night. If your second room is on points, you will often get the breakfast benefit extended to the second room, and if you are a frequent guest at the hotel, they will likely do that, too. As for UG, as a Gold you likely won't get a suite, you definitely will not get a second suite, but if one room is UG to the CL level, both will likely be UG.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
We'll be staying on the weekend when the club is closed (SF Bay Area Marriott). One room is booked on points. Will the hotel likely provide both rooms with breakfast coupons in the restaurant?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Last summer had both rooms upgraded (connecting) and both rooms received plat bene's... I emailed the GM before arrival though about a couple of things and that may have had a positive impact on our experience.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
A related question. If I book (and pay for) two rooms at a Marriott hotel, will I accrue points for both rooms, or only one?

With SPG, I accrue points for a max of three rooms.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by d'Yquem
A related question. If I book (and pay for) two rooms at a Marriott hotel, will I accrue points for both rooms, or only one?

With SPG, I accrue points for a max of three rooms.
You'll accrue points for max of 3 rooms w/ Marriott as well, but night credit for only 1 room.

Cheers.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 10:21 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I've booked 2 rooms or more at Leeds Marriott, Leicester, Cardiff, Brussels, JW London Grosvenor House, Edinburgh, Montreal and NYC Marquis, and all have given lounge access to all rooms.
I have also reserved multiple rooms at properties without an exec lounge in Preston, Worsley Park, Breadsall Priory, Birmingham, Swansea, Portsmouth, Kensington Xenia and Paris Champs Elysees all of which have extended the breakfast benefit to all rooms.

Last edited by BrightlyBob; Apr 28, 2017 at 10:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.