Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Jordan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do they charge for wine/beer in the executive lounge at the Amman Marriott?
Old Apr 15, 2010, 11:39 am
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Majuki
3) For the Amman Marriott, I have a morning flight out on a Sunday (10:00) on Royal Jordanian. Would you recommend returning the rental car the night before and taking the airport shuttle - I assume there is one? - back to the hotel and to the airport the next morning?
If one is flying RJ, you can take their shuttle (JOD2) to/from the city and airport.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LRD
If one is flying RJ, you can take their shuttle (JOD2) to/from the city and airport.
Very helpful link, info that I will be looking for. Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Do they charge for wine/beer in the executive lounge at the Amman Marriott?
Since no-one else has responded I will provide a view (I was only at the hotel for one night and only went in once during the evening): It appeared that all alcohol was free within the lounge, without even an honour bar system. I had a beer myself, but, I wasn't there for long
Old Apr 18, 2010, 1:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC GLD, MR PLT, SPG PLT, National Exec.
Thumbs up

Just stayed at the AMM Marriott. Great property and front desk staff were very friendly. Didn't make it up to the lounge during happy hour or breakfast. Our rate included breakfast and it was suggested we us the main restaurant as the selections are better. As a Plat was upgraded to a large quite with a very large conference/ dinning table and seperate large bedroom. On our departure date our flight home to HKG departed at about 3am so we checked out at 4pm the previous day and went out about town, we were allowed to use the gym showers which were very nice at about 11pm before heading to the airport. Could have showered in the RJ lounge but that comes with a price of $15 and the marriot was free.

For transport to an from the airport took yellow cab. From airport cost was 18JD and return was 20JD. Hotel taxis are a bit more so I walked outside the hotel property and hailed a cab to take me to the airport.

You can also hire a car for the day from the hotel to tour around cost is 100JD per day. The bell man tried to tell us it was 120JD but checked with front desk staff and was told correct price is 100JD. Bellman was adress by manager for mis-quoting us.

For great food in the area, about 10 minutes walk is a restaurant called Sultan, local type fare, casual and outdoor seating. Ask hotel staff to point you in the right direction.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Another ++ for the Amman Marriott - last October the front desk got us tables at the most-sold-out, most-posh, best-food restaurant (Tannoureen) where all our previous direct attempts were rejected with a "sorry, we are full, Sir" BTW can warmly recommend this restaurant!
Old May 2, 2010, 6:38 am
LRD

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Very helpful link, info that I will be looking for. Thanks.
I've just returned from Jordan, and have further details on the RJ shuttle. Let me know if you're interested.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by aa767flyer
Just stayed at the AMM Marriott. Great property and front desk staff were very friendly. Didn't make it up to the lounge during happy hour or breakfast. Our rate included breakfast and it was suggested we us the main restaurant as the selections are better. As a Plat was upgraded to a large quite with a very large conference/ dinning table and seperate large bedroom. On our departure date our flight home to HKG departed at about 3am so we checked out at 4pm the previous day and went out about town, we were allowed to use the gym showers which were very nice at about 11pm before heading to the airport. Could have showered in the RJ lounge but that comes with a price of $15 and the marriot was free.

For transport to an from the airport took yellow cab. From airport cost was 18JD and return was 20JD. Hotel taxis are a bit more so I walked outside the hotel property and hailed a cab to take me to the airport.

You can also hire a car for the day from the hotel to tour around cost is 100JD per day. The bell man tried to tell us it was 120JD but checked with front desk staff and was told correct price is 100JD. Bellman was adress by manager for mis-quoting us.

For great food in the area, about 10 minutes walk is a restaurant called Sultan, local type fare, casual and outdoor seating. Ask hotel staff to point you in the right direction.
Stay end of May, this time service was lacking. Arrived at about 10am from DXB was staying basically for the day and departing at 2am on RJ back to HKG. Was not upgraded and given a bit of a guilt trip for asking. Then denied lounge access because I did not present my Platinum card. First time for that! Even though reservation clearly showed I was plat. As I was in a bit of a hurry and with a friend I didn't push it further. A follow up email to Customer Relations ended with a phone call from the GM an apology and $100 credited back to my card for the lack of my Plat amenities.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:01 pm

Just back from another stay in Jordan, this place has really grown on me. Been once a month for last three months. This time stayed at both Amman Marriott and Deadsea Marriott.

Deadsea upgraded to Jr. Suite with pool and sea views. Great two bedroom suite was perfect to unwind after a long week of traveling. Having stayed at the Movenpeck in the past I have to say I prefer the pool layout of the Marriott. Was given a late check out until 5pm without asking after front desk staff noted we were staying at the Amman Marriott. Being a resort property the hotel did not have the resort, overly used feel that a lot of resort properties seem to have.

Amman Marriott- This stay was fantastic. After my last stay that resulted in me not being given lounge access or room upgrade because I did not have my Plat. card on me. I was upgraded to Royal Suite, very large living/ dining room with kitchen, large bathroom with separate shower, and Jacuzzi tub and very large spacious walk-in closet. Also received fruit basket and Jordanian sweets along with bottles of sparkling water. Hotel really went above and beyond this time and renewed my loyalty. This is def. my hotel of choice in Amman.

Had to play a bit of a game on leaving with the taxis on the street in front of hotel, drivers kept insisting on charging me 25JD to drive me to the airport, same as hotel and finally after 10 minutes got one down to the normal 18JD. In my opinion it's worth the haggle given the USD to JD exchange rate.

I really like the Amman Marriott and found a great cafe for shisha up the street called Sultan, I also like having a Trader Vic's near by which coming from the Bay Area was one of my favorite restaurants.

Now if only Marriott would open a property in Aqaba.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LRD
I've just returned from Jordan, and have further details on the RJ shuttle. Let me know if you're interested.
Sorry, I've forgotten about this thread until now. Yes, any further details (as it would be my first time to AMM) would be much appreciated. I too will be staying at this property, and the one in Petra.

Thanks.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
As I'm maintaining the exec lounge open on weekend thread, can folk confirm that the exec lounge is open on weekends, if not, are brekkie coupons offered, if it's key accessible even if closed, and whether there are i-net terminals or wireless? Thx!

Cheers.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 6:58 pm
LRD

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Sorry, I've forgotten about this thread until now. Yes, any further details (as it would be my first time to AMM) would be much appreciated. I too will be staying at this property, and the one in Petra.
Taking the shuttle to the airport is straightforward. Just go to the RJ office on the 7th circle (all cabbies know the location), check-in for your flight, and pay JOD3 (not JOD2, as noted on the RJ website) and get on the bus. Takes about 35 minutes. Convenient and quick.

I was wondering how RJ could justify a shuttle (a large bus!) every 30 minutes; I didn't think there would be enough passenger traffic to support such a service. But, on my two trips, it was quite apparent why such service might be justified: I'd wager that 75% of the passengers were RJ crew!

Now, the journey from the airport -- at least in my two evening trips -- is a whole 'nuther story. First, although there are two sign-posted pickup points (one at each terminal), only one is used. Second, although there are plenty of RJ buses circulating the airport (going who-knows-where?), only a third-party company makes the evening run into Amman. Same price. And, third, the buses don't run back to the RJ office -- instead, they go to, well, I still don't know where they go to. Apparently, the locals make some arrangement with the driver to be dropped off near their homes/cars. So, I just got off at one of these stops where I saw some waiting taxis.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
As I'm maintaining the exec lounge open on weekend thread, can folk confirm that the exec lounge is open on weekends, if not, are brekkie coupons offered, if it's key accessible even if closed, and whether there are i-net terminals or wireless? Thx!

Cheers.

The Amman Marriott Lounge is open on weekends and does serve breakfast. Having said that, most if not all rates come with Breakfast included and the selection in the restaurant is more abundant so I skip the lounge for that. The lounge is key accessed and I belive closes at midnight. I will see if I save the welcome letter from the manager with these details. There are three terminals in the lounge not sure if it has wireless. The rooms do not have wireless.

The Deadsea Marriott does not have a lounge and at this property all rates inclue breakfast.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by LRD
Taking the shuttle to the airport is straightforward. Just go to the RJ office on the 7th circle (all cabbies know the location), check-in for your flight, and pay JOD3 (not JOD2, as noted on the RJ website) and get on the bus. Takes about 35 minutes. Convenient and quick.

I was wondering how RJ could justify a shuttle (a large bus!) every 30 minutes; I didn't think there would be enough passenger traffic to support such a service. But, on my two trips, it was quite apparent why such service might be justified: I'd wager that 75% of the passengers were RJ crew!

Now, the journey from the airport -- at least in my two evening trips -- is a whole 'nuther story. First, although there are two sign-posted pickup points (one at each terminal), only one is used. Second, although there are plenty of RJ buses circulating the airport (going who-knows-where?), only a third-party company makes the evening run into Amman. Same price. And, third, the buses don't run back to the RJ office -- instead, they go to, well, I still don't know where they go to. Apparently, the locals make some arrangement with the driver to be dropped off near their homes/cars. So, I just got off at one of these stops where I saw some waiting taxis.

Great directions and you are right about the airport to city bus!

Personally, I have just found it easier to cab it both directions. From the city to the airport I use only one of the yellow cabs or on occasion a driver that my friend likes to use and negotiate on a rate usually between 18-20 JD. I am also one of those people that likes to check in at the cut off and the cab allows me a little more control baring traffic of course.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 4:58 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Thanks for the recent posts

I will be there in a week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.