Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Hotel email: [email protected]

Breakfast in the lounge. Platinum arrival gift option: breakfast in a choice of 2 restaurants(The Chinese Restaurant "四川" or Cafe California ) or 1,000 pts.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by jix
Is this still the case as of now? Is that the same as the "Health Club" indicated on their website?

The Miyako Health Club boasts its own large indoor swimming pool not to mention a gym and sauna plus the latest in Italian fitness equipment. Kick back and soothe your body and soul in the club’s relaxing atmosphere.
I have been staying at this hotel for many years. As a Platinum member I have never paid for access to the gym nor pool.

And yes, their facility is called the Miyako Health Club.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:38 am

Looking for advice, I am trying to decide between this hotel and the Marriott Courtyard Tokyo Station for a week long stay in May. Never stayed at SPG properties before, but I'm a platinum with Marriott, so that makes me plat with SPG.

The price is more or less the same between the two hotels, seems like the amenities are pretty similar, as a plat, I get free internet and breakfast at both. Thoughts?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by t325
The price is more or less the same between the two hotels, seems like the amenities are pretty similar, as a plat, I get free internet and breakfast at both. Thoughts?
My understanding is that free breakfast is not a benefit at Courtyards for Platinums.

The Miyako has the benefit of a lounge for Happy Hour, etc. After that, it comes down to location - which will be more convenient.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
My understanding is that free breakfast is not a benefit at Courtyards for Platinums.

The Miyako has the benefit of a lounge for Happy Hour, etc. After that, it comes down to location - which will be more convenient.

Normally it's not, but based off what I read on TripAdvisor, the Tokyo Station Courtyard is an exception. Breakfast isn't a huge deal, but it's a nice to have.

I have no idea which location is best for me. First time in Japan and I'll be doing all the touristy stuff.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 12:12 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
I just returned from Sheraton this weekend. The location is great if and only if you want a quiet neighborhood. There is not even a 7-11 or FamilyMart nearby, the closest one is about 10 minute walk.

There is a shuttle to Meguro station during the day, or otherwise it's a 20 minute walking time (closest subway is 7-10 min walk)

Breakfast for Platinum is in lounge, it's basic western buffet breakfast. I'd say a little better than North American ones but not comparable to restaurant type breakfast. There's afternoon tea starting at 11:30am with light bites.

Health Club has pool, gym, sauna, bath and relaxing area.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jix
I just returned from Sheraton this weekend. The location is great if and only if you want a quiet neighborhood. There is not even a 7-11 or FamilyMart nearby, the closest one is about 10 minute walk. ...
IIRC there is a 7-11 fairly closeby outside Shirokanedai station, although Family Mart is a little more of a hike. The walk to that station should only be about 4-5 minutes after departing the hotel property.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jix
Thanks, any comment on the quality of the facility? I'm assuming the bath is just regular public bath and not onsen right?
It's an olympic sized swimming pool w/ life guard. I like to use it to swim laps. definitely not opulent but it's very nice health club level. Can't comment on other gym equipment as i've never used or looked at them.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:59 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by Evident
It's an olympic sized swimming pool w/ life guard. I like to use it to swim laps. definitely not opulent but it's very nice health club level. Can't comment on other gym equipment as i've never used or looked at them.
The pool looked nice, the gym is clean but older machines. Both are only open from 6:30am to about 10pm.

As one has to take off shoes before entering the area, you'll likely have to use their shoes instead of your own.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 4:28 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by t325
Normally it's not, but based off what I read on TripAdvisor, the Tokyo Station Courtyard is an exception. Breakfast isn't a huge deal, but it's a nice to have.

I have no idea which location is best for me. First time in Japan and I'll be doing all the touristy stuff.
If you're there for the touristy stuff and are price sensitive, Tokyo Station is a much better location. This Sheraton is a mediocre hotel in a terrible location.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
If you're there for the touristy stuff and are price sensitive, Tokyo Station is a much better location. This Sheraton is a mediocre hotel in a terrible location.
That's exactly what I needed to know, thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:20 am

Wouldn't call it "terrible" for a location but it's definitely not ideal.. Shinagawa is a cab ride away and meguro is a shuttle away so you can get anywhere in the city you would want.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Evident
Wouldn't call it "terrible" for a location but it's definitely not ideal.. Shinagawa is a cab ride away and meguro is a shuttle away so you can get anywhere in the city you would want.
True, the subway station is just a short walk away. I do like the quiet neighborhood.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:55 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by lcpteck
True, the subway station is just a short walk away. I do like the quiet neighborhood.
I guess it depends what you do. For me, being right on top of the subway matters. Being centrally located so that after-midnight cabs don't cost too much matters. Having a 7-11 / FamilyMart closer than 10min walk away matters. Having anything interesting closer than 30min of transit away matters. There's some stuff by Meguro/Ebisu station… but beyond that nothing. Location-wise I much prefer staying in Shinjuku (PH / HR / Hilton) or Roppongi (GH) or Akasaka (Prince Gallery). Or even maybe Toranomon (Andaz) or Shimbashi (Conrad) or Tokyo Station (MO / FS / Aman)
Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:29 am

I guess it depends what you do. For me, being right on top of the subway matters. Being centrally located so that after-midnight cabs don't cost too much matters. Having a 7-11 / FamilyMart closer than 10min walk away matters. Having anything interesting closer than 30min of transit away matters. There's some stuff by Meguro/Ebisu station… but beyond that nothing. Location-wise I much prefer staying in Shinjuku (PH / HR / Hilton) or Roppongi (GH) or Akasaka (Prince Gallery). Or even maybe Toranomon (Andaz) or Shimbashi (Conrad) or Tokyo Station (MO / FS / Aman)
Ebisu is no doubt a better station. Much more stuff to do at the Westin in Ebisu within walking distance than at the Sheraton. I always find myself going to west tokyo places like Shibuya, Shimokita and the train ride isn't so bad from the sheraton.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: AC SE
Can someone confirm if there is a club lounge, and if so, what the offerings are?

I see some mention of a lounge, but the Wiki List of Club Lounges Thread shows the following:

Tokyo - Sheraton Miyako Tokyo: No Club Lounge - But Plats get some selected free drinks in Bamboo Lounge till 8pm. After 8pm, payment is required for all drinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.