Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
Hotel email: [email protected]

Breakfast in the lounge. Platinum arrival gift option: breakfast in a choice of 2 restaurants(The Chinese Restaurant "四川" or Cafe California ) or 1,000 pts.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Miyako Tokyo, Japan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
Also, wanted to add that the medical clinic in the hotel was amazing. My wife got sick towards the end of our vacation and werent sure if we were going to make our flight. the doctor at the clinic was able to understand english, and prescribed her medicine right there to take. total cost was like 40 USD.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Evident
Also, wanted to add that the medical clinic in the hotel was amazing. My wife got sick towards the end of our vacation and werent sure if we were going to make our flight. the doctor at the clinic was able to understand english, and prescribed her medicine right there to take. total cost was like 40 USD.
We had a good experience with that clinic a few years ago as well.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:18 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I was not impressed at all during my stay at this Sheraton last year. Thank god SPG has now opened a decent hotel in Tokyo, the Prince Gallery Kioicho, and I won't have to stay at the Andaz outside of the program anymore.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by helvetic
I was not impressed at all during my stay at this Sheraton last year. Thank god SPG has now opened a decent hotel in Tokyo, the Prince Gallery Kioicho, and I won't have to stay at the Andaz outside of the program anymore.
that hotel is like double, some times triple the price of the sheraton unfortunately.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:06 pm

Exclamation Sheraton Miyako Tokyo versus The Westin Tokyo

Originally Posted by Evident
that hotel is like double, some times triple the price of the sheraton unfortunately.
Not only that, I've tried using Starpoints to book that hotel and it is never available. Following a bunch of reviews on here and TripAdvisor, we've booked the Westin but I wasn't too happy with how either hotel sounded.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by NYC2TLV
Not only that, I've tried using Starpoints to book that hotel and it is never available. Following a bunch of reviews on here and TripAdvisor, we've booked the Westin but I wasn't too happy with how either hotel sounded.
The Prince doesn't make standard rooms available for SPG redemptions; but you should be able to book it by calling for one of the upgraded rooms at 21k a night, I believe.

The Prince is significantly pricier than the Sheraton, but not for nothing. It's one my favorite SPG properties overall, and one of the best hotels in Tokyo. It's absolutely stellar!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:39 pm

The Prince doesn't make standard rooms available for SPG redemptions; but you should be able to book it by calling for one of the upgraded rooms at 21k a night, I believe.

The Prince is significantly pricier than the Sheraton, but not for nothing. It's one my favorite SPG properties overall, and one of the best hotels in Tokyo. It's absolutely stellar!
Pictures of the hotel are gorgeous. I'll need to check it out sometime, either on points or my own dime, because my work sure as hell isnt gonna pay for it, LOL
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver

At 21k points I would definitely take Prince over Sheraton at 12k.

Ridiculously over priced redemption for 12k pts.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:33 pm

I just booked a five night award stay at the Sheraton Miyako Tokyo in August.

The wording on the 'Terms and Details' booking page states "at this hotel guests 17 and under are considered children. All other guests are considered adults".

Does this mean that my three children can sleep in the room using existing bedding with no extra charges?

I'm not saying that sharing one room is ideal but we're starting a RTW year of travel with 11 nights in Japan. Although we're not spending alot of time in expensive coutries, every bit adds up over a year.

I don't expect lounge access to be extended to the kids but am wondering about the room.

I was hoping to cancel cash reservations for two rooms at the Westin for the same dates.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by NotJustDreaming

The wording on the 'Terms and Details' booking page states "at this hotel guests 17 and under are considered children. All other guests are considered adults".

Does this mean that my three children can sleep in the room using existing bedding with no extra charges?

I'm not saying that sharing one room is ideal but we're starting a RTW year of travel with 11 nights in Japan. Although we're not spending alot of time in expensive coutries, every bit adds up over a year.

I don't expect lounge access to be extended to the kids but am wondering about the room.

I was hoping to cancel cash reservations for two rooms at the Westin for the same dates.
Physically fitting 4 people plus bags in a typical room at this hotel has little chance of success...I just don't see how it can be done.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by NotJustDreaming

Was just there an few weeks ago and got the worse possible room that has yet to be renovated.

You and 3 kids right? If just that than you'll be able to fit fine.

This hotel wouldn't be upgrading you to an suite unless you know the GM personally.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 10:30 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Was just there an few weeks ago and got the worse possible room that has yet to be renovated.
So what room did you get? Was club floor available for purchase when you checked in?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:05 pm

Thanks for your replies. I'll reconsider this.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by schoflyer
So what room did you get? Was club floor available for purchase when you checked in?
The most basic king bed room. Would have bee nice to get an better room that at least wasn't on the club floor.

First time ever, booked most basic room got most basic room
That's why I always love SPG interms of loyalty.

Will stick with Hyatt in Tokyo as usual for me.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by TennisNoob
The most basic king bed room. Would have bee nice to get an better room that at least wasn't on the club floor.

First time ever, booked most basic room got most basic room
That's why I always love SPG interms of loyalty.

Will stick with Hyatt in Tokyo as usual for me.
The new Prince Gallery is amazing, if you care about something good from SPG. (That said, you can't really go wrong with the Andaz.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.