Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2023, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2008, 10:30 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Arrow

I stayed here in 2002 or 3 because it was a Cat. 2--a bargain @ 3--4000 *points. I remember the location as not so convenient to the Metro & most of the fun of Montreal--on a Blvd. with mostly office complexes. Hotel OK but nothing special.

This Oct. I shall stay either at the Marriott Chateau Champlain (due to PP & maybe EEO if I stay Sat. night) or the Hyatt (due to FFN.)
Old Sep 12, 2008, 6:23 pm

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
Originally Posted by sbtinme
No club lounge on the planet should charge guests $4.50 for a club soda.
No hotel on the planet should charge $5 for using left luggage after you've checked out of your room either, but this place does. Might have been a tip but it was made quite clear it wasn't optional.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by lhr baby
No hotel on the planet should charge $5 for using left luggage after you've checked out of your room either, but this place does. Might have been a tip but it was made quite clear it wasn't optional.
*YIKES*...so many complaints about this place - and this property is owned or managed by Starwood...
Old Sep 12, 2008, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by CDNtravler
*YIKES*...so many complaints about this place - and this property is owned or managed by Starwood...
Right. For all the things *wood does well, they have chosen to nickel and dime long time loyal customers here in ways that precious few hotels in the world have done. I can only imagine that it was implemented as a test over some measurable timeframe to determine the balance between consumer dissatisfaction and increased revenue.

I can tell you that my dissatisfaction with these decisions has ensured I don't stay here any longer.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I wonder if anyone has ever suggested to the Centre Sheraton manager to have a look at what Starwood's most loyal customers are saying about this property...
Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, AC-E and a few hotels
I have been reading the recent threads and like pitbrian and others I have had a similar experiences. If the manger of the hotel wants to come and have a chat I will give a constructive list of issues:

quality of room
room service
cleaning
reception staff

I stay there every 2 weeks for a couple of days each trip and the hotel is tired and I am holding out waiting for the Westin to open.......

Unfortunately I have to stay at the sheraton due to company policy but I have had some memorable nights in the bar!
Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:27 am

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
I think this property gives Starwood a real black eye. My sense is that it has to go beyond the manager of this property. Surely the manager can't be so oblivious to reality that he/she thinks everything is fine. This place is literally a dump and the only thing keeping repeat customers coming are things like company policies.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 11:27 am

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
I have not stayed here for a year but I think even a year ago, they were charging $1.50 per piece of left luggage 2-3 years ago. It is a charge and not a tip. I sometimes tip about $2+ for a bag but I refuse to tip at this hotel since they implemented the charge. The lounge started charging for soft drinks seems a mess. Even the alcohol costs are above average so they are trying to nickle and dime their best guests.

I got into a big argument with the hotel Centre Vill Montreal 2-3 years ago when I was charged $15-16 per laptop and I only use one laptop as a time but often need to use both for my company's stuff and my client's stuff on the same night. In the past, if I travel with the same type of laptop i.e. T40 / T41 / T42, I just swap out the harddisk to get only 1 charge.

For SPG property in Montreal, I prefer the Meridien Versaille. As Plat, I get a very nice breakfast at Bronte with fantastic pastries and smoked salmon with either 1 hr of free internet or when I was going regularly, some of the front desk would just give me a 24 hour codes.

I also prefer the Hyatt over the Sheraton since as Diamond, I get access to the lounge which has a very nice spread in the evening and you can get the hot buffet breakfast in the morning and the staff are very nice . Alcoholic drinks are reasonable in the 5$ range in the lounge and with upgrade to the Regency club, I get free internet. They happily gave me codes for more days than I need or even 2 codes for my 2 laptops at no charge so I would rather give them my business than Sheraton Centre Ville who wants to charge me 2 wifi fees.

On a more recent trip to Montreal, Hyatt was under strike action and rather than doing the Sheraton Centre Ville, I went into Hilton Bonaventure where I was only Gold but got their lounge too.

Last edited by Snoopyo; Sep 13, 2008 at 11:36 am
Old May 26, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Love the new look! Fantastic new bedding!

Stayed here for Memorial day weekend getaway.
Ingrid the FDR was great-friendly,cheerful,efficient and hit all the right SPG platinum notes without any prompting from me ^.

Was given a Jr. Suite on a renovated SPG floor with a great view of Mount Royal. Suite was two normal rooms with one having a very nice sofa,club chair,corner table and coffee table in place of a bed.Living room did have a full bath.

The renovations include alll new soft and case goods,new carpet and drapes,and the FANTASTIC new Sheraton bedding package.I loved the color schemes and the quality of materials used is very high.Bathrooms have been totally renovated and look and work great. Full line of Shine by bliss bath products in both bathrooms.New Flat screen TV's with a tech panel built into the dresser adjacent to the desk.Plenty of lighting options with four brand new lamps in each room.

The new bed rivals the Westin Bed for comfort and has very high quality white sheets,two duvets(one very light down and the other a heavier fiber fill-the down on was what I used too sleep under)and four king sized pillows with shams.I slept so well in the new bed which is a deep mattress with just the right amount of firmness for me.

Club lounge has not changed.Very good spread at cocktail time and at breakfast.Alcoholic drinks are quite generous for the price charged.Coffee and tea are self serve and free.I did not order a soda so I do not know if they still charge for them.Still a great view from the lounge
On Monday I was in the lounge and a young architech was there going over the lounge with blueprints fro the renovation-so the lounge might be renovated very soon.

Link By Sheraton is planned for later in the year.There is free wifi in the lobby/bar area and in the club lounge.Club lounge has two computer terminals with printers for use by club guests.

I was pleasently suprised to see that the folio slipped under my door was 100% accurate since I stayed on a "pay your age"rate which provided the second and third night at a discount.

All together this added up to a great stay!
Old May 26, 2009, 8:09 am

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Plat
Thanks for the great report. I am staying their with clients in three weeks and was wondering how the renovations looked. Last time I was there two years a go the hotel certainly was in need of renos.

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Stayed here for Memorial day weekend getaway.
Ingrid the FDR was great-friendly,cheerful,efficient and hit all the right SPG platinum notes without any prompting from me ^.

Was given a Jr. Suite on a renovated SPG floor with a great view of Mount Royal. Suite was two normal rooms with one having a very nice sofa,club chair,corner table and coffee table in place of a bed.Living room did have a full bath.

The renovations include alll new soft and case goods,new carpet and drapes,and the FANTASTIC new Sheraton bedding package.I loved the color schemes and the quality of materials used is very high.Bathrooms have been totally renovated and look and work great. Full line of Shine by bliss bath products in both bathrooms.New Flat screen TV's with a tech panel built into the dresser adjacent to the desk.Plenty of lighting options with four brand new lamps in each room.

The new bed rivals the Westin Bed for comfort and has very high quality white sheets,two duvets(one very light down and the other a heavier fiber fill-the down on was what I used too sleep under)and four king sized pillows with shams.I slept so well in the new bed which is a deep mattress with just the right amount of firmness for me.

Club lounge has not changed.Very good spread at cocktail time and at breakfast.Alcoholic drinks are quite generous for the price charged.Coffee and tea are self serve and free.I did not order a soda so I do not know if they still charge for them.Still a great view from the lounge
On Monday I was in the lounge and a young architech was there going over the lounge with blueprints fro the renovation-so the lounge might be renovated very soon.

Link By Sheraton is planned for later in the year.There is free wifi in the lobby/bar area and in the club lounge.Club lounge has two computer terminals with printers for use by club guests.

I was pleasently suprised to see that the folio slipped under my door was 100% accurate since I stayed on a "pay your age"rate which provided the second and third night at a discount.

All together this added up to a great stay!
Old May 26, 2009, 10:34 am

Programs: DL DM, United 1K, Marriott Ambassador
I just returned from Le Sheraton and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. I checked in and was upgraded to the club floor and had a nice renovated room. The renovated rooms were very nice and while it was a bit strange to be asked to pay over $10 for a drink in the club the definitely DO NOT charge for waters or soft drinks.
They do bring you a bill with the price of the items but let me know that I would not be charged and that they only ask you to sign a bill for inventory purposes. While I thought this was very strange it really was not that big of a deal.
The staff is all very nice however they were severely lacking any sort of concierge services even for the club level.
My last night was at the W which I also loved and had a great room. I was travelling with friends and we are all in our mid 20's and while this is the demographic for the W I must say while everything was nice and the staff here excellent it was a bit strange to not have external windows on our room. However the concierge at this hotel is fabulous and every request is met with the utmost attention to follow through.
Old May 26, 2009, 5:03 pm

I was there for Memorial Day weekend too and couldn't agree more - the hotel was perfectly fine. I'm gold but the res was under a Plat's name so we also got a corner Jr suite with a nice view of the city, bed was comfortable, bliss products in both bathroom, flat screen TV. It was a good stay

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
The club lounge had amazing views but it got really crowded during breakfast, we had to wait about 10 min to get seated. The poor hostess was so busy as she was also waiting tables and cleaning, etc.

We moved to The W, it was great too. Reservation was under my name and got upgraded to a Jr Suite with window . The only inconvenience is that we had to wait 1 hr to get the room (around 4ish), but wi-fi in the lobby kept us busy. No attitude and service was pretty good. Both hotels were good, totally different experiences though.
Old May 29, 2009, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
That's so funny bigguyinpasadena and JCinNYC! I was there the Monday after Memorial Day, but was given a Deluxe room on the 30th floor. No suite, although hotel seemed empty. No shave cream or mouthwash, but when I called down about that they sent me a rather large bag with multiples of just about any kind of amenity you can need (Bliss shave cream, deodorant, toothpaste, Bliss mouthwash, Bliss bath gel, etc.)

Bed was good, but not as comfortable as my previous stay

The espresso/cappuccino machine in the club lounge is a nice touch! While it's very old school "faux Ethan Allan" decor, I appreciate the pastry, fresh fruit, cheese, and other selections for breakfast that put most American Sheraton club lounges to shame.

As much as I love the W, the Sheraton is a much better location for everything from shopping to airport bus to being between multiple metro stops.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 11:44 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Just stayed the past week at this hotel.

It was pretty good there. The club nibbles were great and no they did not charge for pop. You can take the food out of the club, even provide you with disposable tablewear if you ask.

Decor is a tad dated. More 80s and probably is due for an upgrade but you can't complain about the view especially from the lounge.

For bang for buck, I think this Sheraton in Montreal.
Old Aug 7, 2009, 12:12 pm

Anyone recommend the best view at this hotel? Which direction? Might have to spend a bit of time in the room with work and wouldn't mind at least having a nice view!

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.