Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2023, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2008, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Smile

with all due respect, please read the thread (there is a search button on the dark blue bar) about the Sheraton Centre in Montreal and read the "everything you wanted to know about SPG" thread. Both of those threads should be very helpful.

If you have further questions, please post them in the appropriate thread for clarity.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
with all due respect, please read the thread (there is a search button on the dark blue bar) about the Sheraton Centre in Montreal and read the "everything you wanted to know about SPG" thread. Both of those threads should be very helpful.

If you have further questions, please post them in the appropriate thread for clarity.
Thank you very much for your assistance. I read the thread on the Sheraton Centre and the Master Thread for Montreal but it did not address my questions regarding the chances of upgrade on a planned stay of 2 vs 3 nights. Thank you however and I hope I was not burdensome.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by family friend
Thank you very much for your assistance. I read the thread on the Sheraton Centre and the Master Thread for Montreal but it did not address my questions regarding the chances of upgrade on a planned stay of 2 vs 3 nights. Thank you however and I hope I was not burdensome.
No problem, but. What is your SPG status?

I asked you to read that thread so that you could post your question in that thread as people how have stayed at the property can answer in the existing thread, this way people researching after will see all past information in one place. Upgrades are not gauranteed and based on reports here, the longer the stay it lessens the chance of (a better) upgrade.

Upgrades - in general - and this is NOT set in stone are done for spg platinum members the night before (aka "pre booked") gold members are done at check in.

Since you are unfamiliar with the upgrade process, I suggested you read "Everything you wanted to know about status at SPG" thread.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt, Hertz President's Circle, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Gold
I am a Platinum member of SPG. I understand now, thanks to your assistance, that the pre-booking occurs. If a shorter stay is better perhaps I will attempt that. Thank you again, and I will read the thread you have mentioned.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by family friend
Hello Starwood Experts,
I should like to ask the opinion of everyone on the board. I am staying at the Sheraton Centre Montreal (as advised by members here) and am very much hoping for an upgraded room. In the experiences of all concerned, am I more likely to receive this upgrade if I stay 3 nights (February 1-4) or merely two nights (Feb 2-4). I am unsure how the upgrades work for Starwoods and am curious what the experts here thinks. Many thanks.

Rupesh
My one upgrade experience at this hotel was very positive. I'm lowly *G and booked seven rooms for seven people for a one night business trip, three using SP points, four on a cheap internet rate and all seven rooms were upgraded with full club level access! ^

I suspect that this might have also had something to do with the fact that it was November and not the peak summer season.

As long as they have ample rooms, I don't think that you will have a problem especially being Platinum.

Good luck!
Old Jan 22, 2008, 8:40 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Well you got lucky...

...after 40+ stays at this property I have been suited twice. Yup a 5% success rate...you will get club floor...and the lounge is very nice (scenic) at this property...but be aware they charge even for pop here...but the nibbles are quite decent.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HomerJ
...after 40+ stays at this property I have been suited twice. Yup a 5% success rate...you will get club floor...and the lounge is very nice (scenic) at this property...but be aware they charge even for pop here...but the nibbles are quite decent.

Similar experience here. Stayed about 20 times for 4-5 nights each time and have only gotten a suite upgrade once. Usually they give me a room on an executive floor, but nothing more than that.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 3:11 pm

Programs: Aeropolan Super Elite SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Le Sheraton - Centre Ville Montreal

Checked in last night very polite efficient staff; however i asked at the bar (hotel run) to borrow a glass - flatly told no, no options no suggestions no help. I spoke with the concierge and he went and got a glass for me - very helpful, nice guy. Why does one part of the hotel act like you are asking for the3 absurd, yet another part thinks it is no trouble - at least the bar could have told me to see the concierge.

Second, i asked for a 4pm checkout around 7am - no problem says the hotel - again helpful friendly staff. However, housekeeping must have knocked at my door 3 times to determine if i have left - tow of the times i was on a conference call - very annoying. (i also had the do not disturb sign out). I mentioned it to the checkout clerk, is this a common experience?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 9:12 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
As the hotel is a quick walk up from the Bell Centre...

...the hotel bar fills up after habs games...and sometimes the stella glasses etc. go walking out the door with the customers...they also dont let people run tabs on game nights without giving over your CC. I am not excusing their behavior but one of the bartenders told me this was a problem.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
When this hotel saw fit to start charging for soft drinks in the club lounge, I saw fit to stop staying here.

No club lounge on the planet should charge guests $4.50 for a club soda.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gbeaumont
Second, i asked for a 4pm checkout around 7am - no problem says the hotel - again helpful friendly staff. However, housekeeping must have knocked at my door 3 times to determine if i have left - tow of the times i was on a conference call - very annoying. (i also had the do not disturb sign out). I mentioned it to the checkout clerk, is this a common experience?
pet peeve.

delete the rest of my questions. i forgot how to read.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by vivrant
Similar experience here. Stayed about 20 times for 4-5 nights each time and have only gotten a suite upgrade once.
delete. my apologies.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:18 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont PC, AC nobody, VIPorter, National Exec, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Stayed here last week - a few days before the F1 race started and room rates were at $529/night.

As a gold, upgraded to SPG floor, with club access. Nothing really special about the room, but the nickel and diming in the lounge is true and has been discussed at length.

However, good service (no problem with 4pm checkout) and a great location.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Angry seriously?

SPG gold here..abt to hit plat.I always stay at the W, but wanted to check out the Sheraton. Check in at 1040pm tonight after 12 hrs of hellatious travel. On a business trip- business full room rate. Quick check-in- he confirms my gold status and non-smoking king. Perfect, I couldn't care less about an upgrade at this point. Get to room and its 2 double beds. Grr- I am a really tall (6'7) and REALLY like king beds (at worst a queen). Go back down..he argues that the system shows a king. Its room xxxx- I swear its 2 doubles! He types away for 5 minutes with a concerned look. I finally break awkward silence saying if its the absolute only room, that its fine. He says "ok great! Have a great night!"
Annoyed and hungry go to room and pick up phone to order room service "I'm sorry sir, room service ended 3 minutes ago..its now 1103".
Grr
Ok fine- let me log in as I'm sprawled out on my luxurious double bed. No wireless networks available..hmm that's weird. Call guest svcs "sorry- only wireless in the lobby".
Is sheraton serious????
The furniture is worn, old chunky TV..I mean I know I'm cranky but who the heck would ever choose to stay here again with so many other choices in Montreal?
W here I come (sorry for cheating!)!
Old Sep 11, 2008, 10:44 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Thumbs down

I agree wholeheartedly. The W is far and away the better of the Starwood properties in this city and it is hardly worth it to even try either the Sheraton or the Meridien.

There are just so few redeeming qualities at this property to even consider it if the room rate is anywhere close.

When I was there last week, the TV kept cutting out, the internet didn't work and no one answered the phones when I called to try to get things sorted out. Being too tired to go downstairs, I just went straight to bed.

A completely disappointing experience and hardly worth the price.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.