Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Old Jul 3, 2023, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Old Jun 24, 2022, 9:14 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Originally Posted by seawolf
Could you elaborate on breakfast? Asia-level best, North America-best or something along the lines of a Spring Hill/Fairfield breakfast? Thanks.
North American “best” for a club lounge. My best overall breakfast was Westin Grand Cayman.

Montreal had single service omelettes, lots of fruit, bacon, parfaits, yogurt, sliced meats, salmon, and the typical stuff. It was good. Good service too.

I’ve been to this hotel 25+ times over the past 20 years. Montreal is a great city.
seawolf likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PTahCha
For those of you who needs a rapid COVID test to fly back to the US, RPD testing is one block away, and I received my antigen testing results in 20 minutes. https://www.rpdtesting.com/
I’m glad you enjoyed the clinic I co-founded - wonderful to see FT members enjoying the service! We just closed a few days ago - no more COVID test needed for entry into the US. :-)
PTahCha likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 1:22 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Some updates and photos:

Room: Upgraded the night before to a Medium Hospitality Suite with 2 double beds (I had booked a King, but I'll take the upgrade). The suite on the lowest hotel floor (7th) was large and consisted of a parlor with living area, dining area, and full bath. The furniture was quite comfy, especially the couch and cloth swivel chairs. The connecting double bedroom was mostly beds (that were kind of small but quite comfortable) and another full bathroom. The shower had great water flow and was very comfortable. The TVs did not have the Internet TV OS, which is a bit annoying. The view of the Sun Life Building was quite nice.

Service: Room wasn't ready yet, and they just told me "to come back at 3." No late checkout except for 1, which was fine as I needed to get to the airport.

Welcome gift: A plate of assorted cookies was in my room when I arrived - nice!

Lounge: Daily breakfast and evening service. Offerings were extensive and relatively tasty, but I missed the baristas from the Sheraton Centre Toronto.

Overall, a nice experience!

seawolf, yyzflyer and DELee like this.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 2:33 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Thoughts on M Club at Chateau Champlain vs. lounge at Sheraton? Thanks.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
Thoughts on M Club at Chateau Champlain vs. lounge at Sheraton? Thanks.
The Sheraton Club is much better as, though it lacked macarons, there was a significant selection of hot items at breakfast, and the staff seemed happier.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 3:42 pm

Current lounge hours: weekdays 630 through 10pm, weekends 730 through 10pm. Breakfast 630 to 930 and an hour later on weekends. Hors d'oeuvres 5-7pm.

As a platinum or higher you can choose breakfast instead of the points for welcome gift, at restaurant in lobby you can choose 1 entree and 1 drink. Which is plenty.
seawolf likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
The Sheraton Club is much better as, though it lacked macarons, there was a significant selection of hot items at breakfast, and the staff seemed happier.
Apparently they listen to you, as this club did have macarons when I visited this past week!

Echoing what was said above, this lounge is quite impressive for a North American lounge, and other than the lack of free alcohol, wouldn't feel out of place compared to Asian lounges. The lounge was busy (sold out hotel other than basic rooms), but there was plenty of seating throughout. Solid food options, albeit only one "main" item (Shepherd's pie last week).

There were no pancake or waffle breakfast options on the morning we visited, so after I enjoyed a quick appetizer of bacon and eggs, my son and I took advantage of the restaurant basement. Any main course and drink was part of the platinum breakfast benefit. Pancakes were on the menu, so we both enjoyed those.

I booked 2 rooms including one for my parents. We were both upgraded to Club level rooms, though nothing higher, so it was nice to be able to treat my parents to a lounge experience. There were no arrival gifts for either room as a Titanium member.

Gym was quite impressive - I'm not sure I've been in a better hotel gym in the past few years.

A/C was broken in my room, which led to an uncomfortable sleep from 4am on, but otherwise it was a very nice stay..
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by joeags
Apparently they listen to you, as this club did have macarons when I visited this past week!

Echoing what was said above, this lounge is quite impressive for a North American lounge, and other than the lack of free alcohol, wouldn't feel out of place compared to Asian lounges. The lounge was busy (sold out hotel other than basic rooms), but there was plenty of seating throughout. Solid food options, albeit only one "main" item (Shepherd's pie last week).

There were no pancake or waffle breakfast options on the morning we visited, so after I enjoyed a quick appetizer of bacon and eggs, my son and I took advantage of the restaurant basement. Any main course and drink was part of the platinum breakfast benefit. Pancakes were on the menu, so we both enjoyed those.

I booked 2 rooms including one for my parents. We were both upgraded to Club level rooms, though nothing higher, so it was nice to be able to treat my parents to a lounge experience. There were no arrival gifts for either room as a Titanium member.

Gym was quite impressive - I'm not sure I've been in a better hotel gym in the past few years.

A/C was broken in my room, which led to an uncomfortable sleep from 4am on, but otherwise it was a very nice stay..
I have definitely been to more impressive gyms. Or maybe what joeags meant was that they seem to have all the equipment in that space (it isn't a huge space).

The restaurant doesn't have many options for drinks (juice is bottled Oasis drinks), and at the club for breakfast they have smoothies. Main differentiation factor for which one we went to was how early we woke up and how much time we had (as obviously restaurant is open til later, and also it takes longer to get the food than in the lounge).

The lounge is the new style Sheraton lounge (eg like in Denver). I'm not sure if it is just here but no bottled water (they do have a water dispenser, for still as well as bubbly. Though that bubbly water tastes better than Perrier to me, which they do have in cans).
Old Aug 21, 2022, 5:41 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, HH Gold, Accor Gold
Just completed a two night stay - lets just say it did not start off on a good note at check-in and I am still salty about it (although it might also have to do with my exorbitant sodium intake over the weekend), but alas it was a combination of my stupidity + a lack of transparency + their unwillingness to accommodate/goodwill. Hotel was definitely fully booked.

Apart from that, I booked two rooms that were both upgraded to the club level; one room had late (4 pm) checkout, the other did not - no biggie there but it is what it is.

Rooms were clean with two bottles of water & good shower pressure; however, as mentioned above, there was no Internet TV iOS which was a bummer.

Club lounge was great, amazing spreads for both the breakfast (french toast + scrambled eggs + bacon on day 1, waffles + egg omelet + sausage on day 2) and evening services (tortellini with pasta sauce + spring salad on day 1, chicken cauliflower with curry coconut milk sauce + Caesar salad on day 2), with Miss Vickies chips + Nutrigrain bars + fruit throughout the day. Kudos to the club attendants, they were warm, friendly and hospitable, and did a great job to ensure that food offerings were continually replenished despite heavy volumes during both services.

Objectively, it was a good stay.

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Thanks to your review, I went with Sheraton over Champlain. I was too shy (awks) to take a picture of the dessert spread as it was buzzing with people throughout, but it was absolutely incredible - top 3 for me were

1 - Tiramisu
2 - Two-layered blueberry mousse cheesecake with chocolate wafer base
3 - Two-layered chocolate tart - milk chocolate mousse ontop a nutella hazelnut ganache in a butter cookie tart

(i think i indulged too hard ... pretty sure this is why one of the friendly club attendants remembered me )
Old Aug 21, 2022, 7:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I'm going to have to give the Sheraton a try. Haven't been in 5-6 years. Been staying at the AC/Courtyard and recently Humaniti.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
I’m here now as well. This is probably my 25th time here over the last 20 years. I love it.

the club lounge is probably the best I’ve been in, staff is very friendly, and was upgraded to a suite this time around. When it was SPG, my suite upgrade percentage was probably 75%. Now, it’s about 40%. However, we do 2-3 night stays here and the club level rooms are nice.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:11 am

The only two issues here are the lack of Internet TV OS and the lack of guaranteed late checkout. Otherwise, it's a fantastic property. I was looking back at my old photos that I posted, and, wow, that bathroom photographs well.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:36 am

I wonder why they didn't give you 4 PM late checkout? Not another COVID-19 excuse?
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by flyme2
I wonder why they didn't give you 4 PM late checkout? Not another COVID-19 excuse?
Convention hotel - seems to be many reports of the same in this thread. As they had upgraded me to a suite, I bet that makes the negotiations even worse. It wasn't an issue as I needed to leave early anyway to make it to the airport, but this was the one Montreal property where I experienced pushback.
flyme2 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 12:37 pm
pjs

Had a nice stay here over Labor (Labour) Day weekend. We had two rooms booked and ended up forgoing the upgrade to a suite as it still wasn’t ready at 6:30pm when we arrived. Some pics here and full review on my blog.

https://emptynestermiles.com/2022/09...ntreal-review/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.