Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This hotel was originally the Le Meridien Bora Bora hotel. For discussions, past experiences, and other information from before the transition use the following thread: Le Meridien bora bora [Master Thread]

Print Wikipost

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Old May 16, 2024, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by randomdude
Does the destination fee include the boat transfer from the airport?
edit: i guess not, it's an additional 7000xpf each way per person
edit 2: it does... see details below
Where did you see the details of the destination fee? I can't seem to find it. I want to screenshot it as of today (just made a reservation) in case they make any changes.
Old May 18, 2024, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
Where did you see the details of the destination fee? I can't seem to find it. I want to screenshot it as of today (just made a reservation) in case they make any changes.
after performing a search, click on the circled-i
tylerc likes this.
Old May 19, 2024, 1:35 pm

Has anyone that booked checked the options for SNAs (or whatever they're called now)? I don't have any available at the moment, so I can't check.
Old May 24, 2024, 1:31 pm

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
I booked two nights in December with points yesterday. 77k and 78k for the overwater villa which is the entry room currently.

I add that to my 2 points nights at the St Regis so looking forward to the trip.

Is there any update on the status of the Westin? Would love some photos of it that aren't artist computer generations.
Old May 25, 2024, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Spinstorm
I booked two nights in December with points yesterday. 77k and 78k for the overwater villa which is the entry room currently.

I add that to my 2 points nights at the St Regis so looking forward to the trip.

Is there any update on the status of the Westin? Would love some photos of it that aren't artist computer generations.
StR is nice, showing it's an age a bit though. If you are staying in the reef side villa (the base room) ask for the renovated one.
Spinstorm likes this.
Old May 26, 2024, 8:29 am

I have put two upgrade certificates from achieving status on those two St Regis nights.

I have asked for an overwater villa - although as the Westin is overwater maybe it would be nice to have a different room at the St Regis?
Old May 27, 2024, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Spinstorm
I have put two upgrade certificates from achieving status on those two St Regis nights.

I have asked for an overwater villa - although as the Westin is overwater maybe it would be nice to have a different room at the St Regis?
Since you have the certificates, can you look at your Westin booking and see what options would be available?
Old May 28, 2024, 11:57 am

Unfortunately I only had 2 and I used them for the St Regis so I can’t check on the options for the Westin.

As far as I am concerned I am more than happy with the standard room at the Westin being an overwater villa for now. I accept it may not be the largest or even have a pool but maybe as a Titanium member I will get an upgrade anyway.

Last edited by Spinstorm; May 29, 2024 at 11:57 am
Old Jun 7, 2024, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA 1MM (Back to GLD for now)
Question Any recent updates?

Anyone have any updates on the current status of this property?

When you search for a stay, the Marriott site says it's opening in August 2024, and I see the first cash booking day available is 1 Sep.

I have reservations for the first week of November and am trying to figure out if I need a backup plan...
Thx!

-Plat
Old Jun 13, 2024, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by PlatAAagain
Anyone have any updates on the current status of this property?

When you search for a stay, the Marriott site says it's opening in August 2024, and I see the first cash booking day available is 1 Sep.

I have reservations for the first week of November and am trying to figure out if I need a backup plan...
Thx!

-Plat
The opening date keeps slipping…I’d have a backup plan…

TD
Old Jun 17, 2024, 7:01 pm

Just noticed points bookings are available any day between Oct 22 - Nov 30th. Starting at 80K and upto 87K per night.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 12:21 pm

Availabilities for Q1 / Q2 2025 are no longer showing up. This happened few months ago, they'll come back again eventually.
Old Yesterday, 9:17 pm

Is it countdown yet? Any news here?

Just booked in November stay in the fresh new Westin (still shocked its not a W or a Ritz by brand) for 80k a night in an overwater bungalow which seems like good value - with flights from PPT being non refundable wondering if anyone has some info here?

from what I gathered official opening now slated for August 1, cash stays start Sep 1, points stays November 15 - but all seems very random with points stay not being available later in December or January.
makes me wonder whats happening and if my confirmed booking is indeed actually confirmed

on the positive side: saw some PR on the GM or St Regis moving over to run the new resort and a few promising chefs who came on board to run the dining program.

wondering: (1) what are the chances of them just cancelling my confirmed stay for thanksgiving? (2) should I be worried about having my honeymoon in such a newly opened resort?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.