Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This hotel was originally the Le Meridien Bora Bora hotel. For discussions, past experiences, and other information from before the transition use the following thread: Le Meridien bora bora [Master Thread]

Print Wikipost

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Old Dec 24, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Boat shuttle rates?

Hi all,

Staying at LM BB soon and have conflicting info on boat shuttle rates.

Vaitape is around 2800xpf, BOB airport is around 11k, any experience on the shuttle to Anau? Previously I had read it was free and then restaurants could pick you up. Can anyone confirm or provide details please?

Thank you.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Ksw299

Te Ava Lunch Menu:

Te Ava Dinner Menu:

All prices include taxes and are in Pacific Francs. I also got a quote for private dinners.

Very interesting - thank you so much for sharing these. Will help us make our decision for sure. Definitely limited veg options, so we'll think about it.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:42 pm

I have a stay at IHG Thalasso and Le Meridien - wondering what's the cheapest way to get between the resorts? Wonder if possible to walk between them on the back beach? They seem to be right next to each other.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
I have a stay at IHG Thalasso and Le Meridien - wondering what's the cheapest way to get between the resorts? Wonder if possible to walk between them on the back beach? They seem to be right next to each other.
At the LMBB, there are signs along the pathways going down towards the back beach prohibiting guests from those areas. LMBB offers a boat transfer. Fare quoted is round trip.
HOTEL INTERCONTINENTAL THALASSO Xpf 1,550 /person
Old Mar 18, 2019, 3:36 pm

It appears this property is now charging a 57000XPF deposit PER NIGHT for award reservations. Wow.

My reservation isn't for 8 months...that's a good bit of cash to have tied up that long. Anyone else experienced this, and have you had luck getting it reversed?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
It appears this property is now charging a 57000XPF deposit PER NIGHT for award reservations. Wow.

My reservation isn't for 8 months...that's a good bit of cash to have tied up that long. Anyone else experienced this, and have you had luck getting it reversed?
Well that explains my card was fraud frozen. Bunch of charges from Le Meridien as I was reserving and cancelling nights. Nowhere in the reservation did it say they would place a hold. Why are they placing deposits on award reservations?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Well that explains my card was fraud frozen. Bunch of charges from Le Meridien as I was reserving and cancelling nights. Nowhere in the reservation did it say they would place a hold. Why are they placing deposits on award reservations?
I'm not sure...it's been written about before, and it's possible it's an error. I called Marriott and they said my reservation appeared to have been made on Trip Advisor - uh?? Ok, since when could we make reservations with Bonvoy points on Trip Advisor???

Anyways, they've opened a case with the hotel but I have yet to hear anything.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If someone has stayed there post 8/18, can you post on the breakfast situation so I can update the exec lounge sticky? Thx! (same request re: St. Regis).

Cheers.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
If someone has stayed there post 8/18, can you post on the breakfast situation so I can update the exec lounge sticky? Thx! (same request re: St. Regis).

Cheers.
I stayed 2 nights at the St. Regis Bora Bora March 2-4. Breakfast for Member +1 was a welcome amenity. Great recognition of loyalty. I am Titanium and was staying on a paid reservation for the two nights in a Reefside Villa. I was upgraded to a Deluxe Overwater Villa with Lagoon Access & Island View two months prior to arrival. After check-in they delivered a gift of a large Bottle of Evian Water, a large bottle of San Peligrino Sparkling water, a plate covered in shredded coconut with a half coconut filled with 6 macaroons and a bottle of Billecart Salmon Brut Reserve Champagne on ice. That was a nice touch. Great time, amazing property.

Gift in recognition Loyalty

Upon departure, we were met at the boat with a small gift of a shell necklace and our boarding passes for our flight back to Tahiti.

I know this is the Le Meridien thread but poster was also inquiring about the St. Regis.

James

Deluxe Overwater Villa, Lagoon Access, Island View - complimentary upgrade from Reefside Villa.

Last edited by Flying for Fun; Mar 22, 2019 at 11:18 pm
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
I stayed 2 nights each at the Le Meridien Bora Bora and St. Regis Bora Bora early March and as Platinum status, I got free breakfast from both, trip reports and photos to follow
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by MissVacation
I stayed 2 nights each at the Le Meridien Bora Bora and St. Regis Bora Bora early March and as Platinum status, I got free breakfast from both, trip reports and photos to follow

And were you charged a 57000 XPF deposit per night at Le Meridien???
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:41 am

I managed to redeem with the Ritz Carlton free night certificate for 2 nights at the Le Meridien Bora Bora when Marriott and SPG integrated back in Sept. by constantly checking the app and calling. After I booked, I contacted the hotel for a quote to upgrade from the classic room (beach bungalow) to the overwater lagoon bungalow. I was quoted at 34.200 xpf per night (around $322). I didn’t reply since the price sounded very high. I tried again few weeks later and asked if they can give a discount for Platinum members to upgrade to an overwater bungalow….I was quoted 25.000 xpf per night (around $235) not including tax. This sounded more reasonable so I replied to confirm the upgrade.

I didn’t stop there….two weeks before our departure when the hotel contacted me for the flight information and preferences, I checked the cash value of the beach bungalow and the overwater bungalow. The beach bungalow for the dates we will be staying was 65,003 xpf while the overwater lagoon bungalow is only 69,880 xpf. That’s the difference of 4,877 xpf (around $46) only. I nicely asked if they can lower the upgrade price because 25,000 xpf is a lot more than the difference in the cash price of the two rooms. I was so shocked to get a response that they will match the price difference cost of 4 877 xpf + 14% tax per night. OMG I saved almost $400 by just checking and asking! See persistent does pay off!

To sweeten the deal even more, one week prior to our departure, I double check the confirmation on the app and very surprised to see my room as “overwater lagoon premium bungalow”, I got a one category free upgrade as a Platinum member Our premium room was room #218 and it offered the view of Mt. Otemanu! I much preferred this view than the end of the pontoon room because I like my photos to have both the mountain peak and the overwater bungalows. Photo from our room's deck, isn't this postcard-perfect?

The room condition looked modern and pretty new but much smaller size than the Intercontinental Thalasso (where we stayed years ago) and the St. Regis Bora Bora. The highlight of the room was the huge glass floor but don't expect to see much fishes since the room is more out to the end of the pontoon where water is deeper and the current was extremely strong. After staying at both the Intercontinental Bora Bora Thalasso and Le Meridien, I think Le Meridien has the best in-front views of Mt. Otemanu!

As Platinum member, I was offered the following:
  • A free breakfast for a couple for all the stay,
  • 1000 Marriott reward points for the stay,
  • A free local gift between a bracelet or a local white wine.
Obviously, I picked the free breakfast and I confirmed that via email prior to our stay. Upon check-in, I confirmed again the free breakfast and then was asked to select either 1000 points, bracelet, or local wine. I asked for the bracelet but they ran out so they gave us a bottle of wine. When we got to our room, I was surprised to see more free gifts on our table: a bottle of wine, a Le Meridien Bora Bora t-shirt, and a beach wrap (very good quality)! Also, note that we split our stay of 2 nights each at the Le Meridien and then the St. Regis, I contacted both hotels to let them know of our plan. Both coordinated very well, Le Meridien arranged a free boat transfer to transfer us to the St. Regis and only charged us the one-way airport transfer fee.

Complete trip report of our Day 1 at the Le Meridien and photos in my blog: Le Meridien Bora Bora ? Miss Vacation
RedSun and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
And were you charged a 57000 XPF deposit per night at Le Meridien???
Nope!
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by MissVacation
The room condition looked modern and pretty new but much smaller size than the Intercontinental Thalasso (where we stayed years ago) and the St. Regis Bora Bora.
Did you also stay at the St. Regis Bora Bora? Has that experience been posted anywhere?
Old Mar 30, 2019, 1:27 pm

How did you transfer between Le Meridien and St Regis? What is the cost?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.