Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien, Bora Bora [Master Thread]

Le Meridien, Bora Bora [Master Thread]

Old Oct 12, 22, 2:18 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I feel that this hotel will be rebranding to Westin - this article references the "former Le Méridien" as well as a "clean, open style" and a "focus on well-being." A few LinkedIn searches have also turned up mention of a Westin Bora Bora coming soon. In any case, that article mentions an increase of rooms to 138 including 85 overwater bungalows, and an opening date in October 2023.

Sad if Le Méridien will lose another property, especially to become another beige Westin.

khabah
Old Oct 12, 22, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by khabah View Post
I feel that this hotel will be rebranding to Westin - this article references the "former Le Méridien" as well as a "clean, open style" and a "focus on well-being." A few LinkedIn searches have also turned up mention of a Westin Bora Bora coming soon. In any case, that article mentions an increase of rooms to 138 including 85 overwater bungalows, and an opening date in October 2023.

Sad if Le Méridien will lose another property, especially to become another beige Westin.

khabah
I had heard the same. I also heard that Richard Schilling, the former GM of the St Regis Bora Bora, will be the GM at the Westin Bora Bora.

I too will miss it being a Le Meridian.
Old Oct 12, 22, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by khabah View Post
khabah
Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain View Post
I too will miss it being a Le Meridian.
Same here and it seems that Marriott is trying to push owners to switch from Le Meridien to other brands.

Replacing Westin by Le Meridien does not make much sense to me: W, Ritz-Carlton or Luxury Collection would have been more upscale (with higher rates) choices.
I thought that W was the obvious choice, if they no longer wanted the property to be under the "Le Meridien" brand.

Last edited by UASPG; Oct 12, 22 at 11:33 pm
Old Nov 10, 22, 3:25 am

They just updated their IG:

"Reopening: October 2023, stay tuned 💙"
Wonder if this will be bookable before the deval and if they'll be at bargain prices like the Maldives property. If so, might need reconsider my already planned July trip to the StR and Conrad.
Old Nov 11, 22, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Social Medias

https://www.facebook.com/lemeridienborabora/

https://www.tiktok.com/discover/hote...a-bora?lang=en

https://www.instagram.com/lemeridienbora/?hl=en
Old Dec 20, 22, 10:24 pm

Any idea on the award and cash rate yet?

Search this Thread