Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This hotel was originally the Le Meridien Bora Bora hotel. For discussions, past experiences, and other information from before the transition use the following thread: Le Meridien bora bora [Master Thread]

Print Wikipost

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:05 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
In looking at the pictures of the LM before they closed, seems they were a little behind the times in what is now considered “standard” for a Bora Bora/Maldives resort. But for that matter so is the St Regis.
There has been a total divergence of Maldives vs. Bora Bora properties, so I'm not sure that you can make any links between the two. Because the Maldives is so much larger and the govt is allowing a plethora of massive building projects on deserted atolls and even on live coral reefs you have a huge number of brand new complexes increasingly offering full-on city style amenities, whereas Bora Bora only has space for a handful of properties, and I can't think of any of which have benefited from any recent substantial capital investment (maybe the Conrad and the refit of the Four Seasons being the most recent?).
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:28 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I can't think of any of which have benefited from any recent substantial capital investment (maybe the Conrad and the refit of the Four Seasons being the most recent?).
Hilton renovated and got the Conrad flag. They are putting pools in the OVW villas in the Conrad rn and, AFAIK, will reflag into a Waldorf
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by WasKnown
Hilton renovated and got the Conrad flag. They are putting pools in the OVW villas in the Conrad rn and, AFAIK, will reflag into a Waldorf
Well yes, as per my post. The Conrad opened 4 years ago though and it was the first new luxury hotel in Bora Bora in something like a decade. In the last 4 years there must have been 20+ new Maldives places opened.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 7:09 pm

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Well yes, as per my post. The Conrad opened 4 years ago though and it was the first new luxury hotel in Bora Bora in something like a decade. In the last 4 years there must have been 20+ new Maldives places opened.
My post does not mention the Maldives nor do I think bora bora and the Maldives are in any way comparable from a new development perspective. I’m saying the Conrad Bora Bora has “benefited from any recent substantial capital investment” with it going Hilton -> Conrad -> Waldorf Astoria. You mentioned the Conrad (in the same line about being unable to think of properties) but not the extent to which it has benefited from recent capital investment (getting flagged with a more luxurious brand twice).
Old Nov 4, 2021, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown
My post does not mention the Maldives nor do I think bora bora and the Maldives are in any way comparable from a new development perspective. I’m saying the Conrad Bora Bora has “benefited from any recent substantial capital investment” with it going Hilton -> Conrad -> Waldorf Astoria. You mentioned the Conrad (in the same line about being unable to think of properties) but not the extent to which it has benefited from recent capital investment (getting flagged with a more luxurious brand twice).
I really don't think this discussion is going anywhere - my post you're commenting on was directly in response to one comparing Bora Bora and the Maldives and in it I acknowledge the Conrad as being one of the only properties which had recent capital investment. You seem to be quite violently agreeing with that specific point while suggesting that I'm missing something, so let's perhaps leave it here
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:03 am

I really don't think this discussion is going anywhere - my post you're commenting on was directly in response to one comparing Bora Bora and the Maldives and in it I acknowledge the Conrad as being one of the only properties which had recent capital investment. You seem to be quite violently agreeing with that specific point while suggesting that I'm missing something, so let's perhaps leave it here
I’m not disagreeing, just coloring your post with more context in response to you not being sure about how properties benefitted from recent capital investment

I can't think of any of which have benefited from any recent substantial capital investment (maybe the Conrad and the refit of the Four Seasons being the most recent?).
Old Jan 6, 2022, 12:03 am

Website still mentions Q4 of this year….wonder if April on Instagram was the old opening date?

Old Feb 11, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
I passed by the hotel today and it does not seem that it will re-open soon. The good news for Marriott frequent guests are all the new larger over the water bungalows, that are being built.

This being said, I am not sure that all these development projects (St Regis addtl villas, the Bora Bora hotel that might finally be rebuilt after the municipality comes up with a road, the airport that could accept jets, etc...) are good for the island
Old Feb 18, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
This is what is being built at Le Meridien Bora Bora.

Old Apr 5, 2022, 2:41 pm

Guessing we would've heard something by now if they really plan to open by April, suggesting the Q4 date is more likely? Really hoping they open up for Summer/Fall '23 availability before part 2 of the deval happens next year.
Old Jun 12, 2022, 1:50 am

November opening may be a little optimistic….but looks pretty impressive

Old Jul 3, 2022, 6:27 am

Based on those pics, November isn't happening. I was also hoping to books something before round 2 of the deval...not looking likely.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 11:38 am

I wonder if they're timing the deval after seeing the LM Maldives get hammered opening pre-deval at 35k/night?

Was really hoping to stay next September since the StR blows my budget @ 120k/night and the Conrad doesn't even face the island...
Old Aug 28, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
I noticed this on the web-site. Look at the YEAR (my bold and added color).

"...Le Méridien Bora Bora is temporarily closed for renovation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the fourth quarter of 2023 for a fully enhanced experience. In the meantime please contact +1 (888) 236-2427 for reservations...."

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...bora/overview/
Intl359Widget and reggiekush like this.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain
I noticed this on the web-site. Look at the YEAR (my bold and added color).

"...Le Méridien Bora Bora is temporarily closed for renovation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the fourth quarter of 2023 for a fully enhanced experience. In the meantime please contact +1 (888) 236-2427 for reservations...."

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotel...bora/overview/
That'll adjust my 2023 plans for French Polynesia considerably then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.