Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This hotel was originally the Le Meridien Bora Bora hotel. For discussions, past experiences, and other information from before the transition use the following thread: Le Meridien bora bora [Master Thread]

Print Wikipost

Le Meridien, Bora Bora (rebranding to Westin, Opening May 2024) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by GarudaSoars
Did you also stay at the St. Regis Bora Bora? Has that experience been posted anywhere?
not yet, still writing the trip reports and editing the thousands of photos from the trip, soon
Old Mar 30, 2019, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
How did you transfer between Le Meridien and St Regis? What is the cost?
They have free shuttles between the two resorts for guests to go to the other property for lunch/dinner. When we check-in, they confirmed our transfer time with St. Regis, it was a short ride and we were the only guests on the boat.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
How did you transfer between Le Meridien and St Regis? What is the cost?
The transfer is free and the hotels will coordinate.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by MissVacation
Nope!

When did you make the booking?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:57 am

September last year for our stay on early March.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the breakfast updates. Exec lounge sticky updated.

Cheers.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MissVacation
They have free shuttles between the two resorts for guests to go to the other property for lunch/dinner. When we check-in, they confirmed our transfer time with St. Regis, it was a short ride and we were the only guests on the boat.
Do they allow Guests to visit the other property's pool / beach as well?

We will be staying there in January if we don't change plans.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:17 pm

Sorry if asked already - did we ever confirm can two adults and two kids stay in a bungalow?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:24 pm

FYI: Ambassador Elite - Stayed 5 nights on award points and was upgraded to over the water lagoon bungalow.

Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Intl359Widget

I am not sure about that since we spent all our time at the Le Meridien knowing that we have 2 nights at the St. Regis after that. You can email the hotel, I am sure they'll know the answer. Also, the beach and pool are nicer in terms of views at the Le Meridien
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget

AFAIK, no, you must have spa reservations, dinner reservations, etc to visit the other property.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Aloha, FT,

I posted on the StR thread as well since we'll be staying in both LM and StR May 19-25 (first 2 nights at the LM). Looking for restaurant recs for our trip. We want to eat out a couple nights for fine dining. Is there a favorite place at LM? Should we try to go to the mainland being that we're only at LM for 2 nights or just eat here?

I sent an email to La Villa Mahana last night for a reservation but presumably there won't be availability 1.5 months out... Should we eat at StR Lagoon restaurant or St. James?
And then maybe some easier on the wallet type places to go as well

Mahalo for any help!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by rooivalk
It seems they charge a deposit here when you make an award reservation. Does anyone know if this is refundable if we cancel?
Yes, it is, but can take 2-3 weeks or longer for the refund to show up in your account. I didn't realize this when I found and made several award reservations so I can compare airfares and consult with my wife to decide on the best date. I was shocked when I got the credit card statement...
Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Baron von Richthofen
Looking for some feedback, I did some research but can’t find much on the Classic Bungalow. Is it worth to spend double points for the Beach bungalow? I can’t find pictures or any detailed review.
Looking at the map looks like the beach bungalows are located facing the lagoon between the main part of the hotel and the beach villas. the ‘beach’ in front of them looks of compacted sand and not very appealing. the two classic bungalows are at the start of the pontoon one facing outwards and one maybe facing the beach between the two pontoons. I am trying to find some pictures of those two classic bungalows. anyone has any better information?
Thanks!
I looked into this as well when I was booking my reward reservation last month. I found out from the resort that the main difference between the Classic and the other Overwater bungalows is access to the lagoon. The Classic does not have a staircase from the sundeck to the water, probably because it's in very shallow water. I have also read somewhere that the Classic doesn't have the see thru floor feature. However, the photo for the Classic at the Marriott website seemed to have one so that may not be correct. I didn't ask about this when I spoke to the resort because the minute they told me about the missing staircase, I lost all interest in the Classic. In any case, I had a long discussion with them and was able to swing an upgrade to a true overwater bungalow for minimum cost.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:13 pm

BTW, I noticed someone asked about the menus at the LMBB restaurants and Ksw299 posted a couple of them. For anyone interested, you can just request it from the resort: [email protected]

When I requested mine about a month ago, they replied within 1 day with a zip file containing the menus for all their restaurants. I remember there was a vegetarian insert to one of the menus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.