Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton, Edison New Jersey [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton, Edison New Jersey [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2008, 8:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
Nice - I might be heading back to the area after the renovations - looking forward to seeing what they did.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 10:29 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
I have stayed there more than a dozen times. I just hope they make the walls thicker. And the hotel really did need a remodel. I stayed at the Woodbridge Sheraton too, but it's also no longer a Sheraton. I hope this does come back as a Sheraton and not a Radisson.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 1 MM; SPG PLT; HH Silver
I just finished a wonderful tour at the Sheraton Edison. Although I did not stay there because I was not aware that it was open for business, the staff there gave me a tour. It reopened last week. The newly renovated property was worth the wait.

LOBBY. The lobby has been beautifully renovated in warm contemporary decor. The check in area has moved to the old gift shop area.

BAR/RESTAURANT. This entire area is totally redone. There is even a Starbucks on location. A new bar area is pretty hip. The restaurant has many welcoming updates.

GYM. The gym is outfitted with new workout equipment including Life Fitness cardio machines, mats, weights, and balls. The women's locker room sports a new sauna.

ROOMS. Saw a room on the club lounge floor. Gone are the dark beddings and dreary rooms. The new rooms are bright and airy with white Sheraton sleeper bedding. A new plasma TV replaced the old TV models. The furniture updated. Altogether, very pleasing and invites relaxation.

CLUB LOUNGE. Although the lounge was closed, the updates are truly beautiful. They have increased the seating areas and a new plasma tv replaces the old units.

I can't wait to stay there on my next visit to Edison....
Old May 13, 2009, 12:15 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
I'm staying here next week and was wondering if anyone has any post-renovation reviews they could post.

Specifically, I'm wondering if the club lounge is still there, what is the quality of the breakfast, if the lounge offers free drinks & if the internet is still free for plats.

Also, was the water pressure issue fixed??

Thanks!
Old May 13, 2009, 9:38 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Stayed here in January and everything has changed. You will not recognize this hotel if you stayed b4 the renovation. The lounge is all new. Even the lounge lady - I did not see her during my stay. Lounge breakfast was not as good as pre renovation.

One thing to be aware during the weekend, they have an elevator dedicated for Sabbath so it stops on every floor.
Old May 14, 2009, 12:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic

One thing to be aware during the weekend, they have an elevator dedicated for Sabbath so it stops on every floor.
Since there are no Synagogues within walking distance, I assume that the Sabbath elevator is used only when there is some type of Function that is happening that Fri night-Sat night at the Hotel, and would think it is not an Every Sat occurance
Old May 14, 2009, 7:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by craz
Since there are no Synagogues within walking distance, I assume that the Sabbath elevator is used only when there is some type of Function that is happening that Fri night-Sat night at the Hotel, and would think it is not an Every Sat occurance
Could be. I know that when I was once there, they conducted services in one of the meeting rooms at the hotel.
Old May 14, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by craz
I believe you are right - there was service in one of the meeting rooms.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:42 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Just thought I'd add my two cents...

My first visit to the hotel (after traveling out of my way to avoid the Sheraton Newark, per the suggestions on this board) and I was very impressed.

The hotel looks fantastic for a suburban Sheraton. Lobby, rooms, fitness room & lounge all appear brand new.

Was checked into a standard room on an SPG floor. I agree the lounge wasn't remarkable (in size or offerings), however I was told it is open 24 hours. The rooms have REAL HD (all networks, ESPN, Showtime & HD on-demand movies were in true HD) which is ALWAYS nice to see! They also offer free internet to plats.

The real reason I'm writing this post, however, is because of the service. I was checked-up on by the nice front desk associate who checked me in. I also had a fantastic experience with the shuttle. Without knowing I was plat, the hotel agreed to pick me up at my rental car drop-off (which ended up being almost 15 mins away). They were also willing to drop me off at the Amtrak station (about 10 mins away) the next day, as well.

Although I went out of my way (I could've dropped my car off at Newark airport then just taken a quick ride to the Sheraton there for the night--followed by a quick ride to the Amtrak station) to stay at this hotel, they went out of their way to drive me around. (Kenneth, the shuttle driver, does a fantastic job!) Terrific customer service is something I don't always see, but I ALWAYS go out of my way to stay at those hotels in the future. This hotel is a keeper!
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:03 pm

Programs: Starwood and NWA Plat
I've always had great luck there and it's one of my favorite in that area! They have a new GM that lives there while relocating and he's visible and available. I think that is a great service. The rooms are very very nice and the club room personnel are great! I've stayed there about 20 nights this year and now I have to stop out pure selfishness. They are not part of the 1000 points per night promotion (I don't think they were last time either)... It's too bad, I prefer it over the Parsippany Sheraton (poor clubroom) and the Westin Morristown (snooty staff).
Old Sep 11, 2009, 1:23 pm

Starwood sold this hotel to the same franchisee operator who bought and renovated the Sheraton Meadowlands and he did the same thing here.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 3:06 pm
Suspended

the cheapest rates before the renov was $69 now the cheapest is $89 so with the tax its over $100.

No longer worth doing a mattress run , but it does look much better
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Stayed here last night and the hotel is in the middle of nowhere but is very nice for a Cat 2. At check-in I asked if an upgrade was available and was told no. Around 10 pm we smelled smoke (pot) coming through the vents. We were going to let it go as it doesn't bother me but it got really bad and my wife started to complain. I called the front desk and they sent someone up to investigate, armed with a bottle of carpet freshener to cover up the smell, didn't work. Thirty minutes later I called and demanded to speak to the manager who didn't show up so I went down to speak to her. After she came up to the room suddenly a suite opened up and they offered to move me (Can you say upgrade shenanigans?). At this point I was so pissed at the way they handled everything I asked to be moved to the hotel across the street but they refused and I ended up moving to the suite (room 1220). As we were moving rooms we saw the cops standing by the elevator with the manager. In the morning I asked the manager if they were able to find out who it was and she mentioned that it was the people next door to us. She described them as an older couple probably just having a little fun then through in the twist that the gentleman was a CP. Not sure how that will go over when he reports to his supervisor on Tuesday saying he got busted for smoking pot in a hotel over the weekend.

I did ask why I wasnt given the suite at check-in and they claimed to have several Plats that no-showed. Yeah right, on a Saturday night in an industrial area!!!
Old Feb 14, 2010, 4:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gbryan84

Not sure how that will go over when he reports to his supervisor on Tuesday saying he got busted for smoking pot in a hotel over the weekend.
I very much doubt that the above will occur.

I also think that your treatment was atrocious and you should contact the GM and/or the franchisee management company. Their explanation does not hold water -- why should they be pre-blocking other plats into suites but not you??? (and I don't believe their explanation any more than you do) -- and you should demand some points as compensation.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I very much doubt that the above will occur.

I also think that your treatment was atrocious and you should contact the GM and/or the franchisee management company. Their explanation does not hold water -- why should they be pre-blocking other plats into suites but not you??? (and I don't believe their explanation any more than you do) -- and you should demand some points as compensation.
They did give me 2,000 points for the "inconvenience".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.