Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by annehamnitz
Which years count as "Platinum"?

I see the regular 50+ nights at Marriott. Wondering about the year that was Gold from "Taste of Gold" challenge and the year where status was bought back with points.
Presuming 2018 is counted as status was earned last year?
As far as point #1 (what is platinum), people are being kept "whole". Which is to say silver is any year with 10+ nights, gold is any year at 25 nights, and platinum is any year at 50 nights or more. These are the years in which you earn at least that many nights, regardless of what name those tiers had in your program at the time.

2018 should count given that they are waiting for 2018 to end and calculating the status/notifying members in Jan 2019 for the 750 nights + 10 years LTPP qualification. It allows members within Marriott + SPG to earn one or two years (if they achieved 50 nights each on the SPG + Rewards accounts in 2018) at platinum.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 2:58 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Anybody else not seeing the legacy MR program lifetime points on the new website or app? Mine have gone missing since the changeover.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by ymx
Anybody else not seeing the legacy MR program lifetime points on the new website or app? Mine have gone missing since the changeover.
I haven't been able to find them either.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by alc

...Hence, I was wondering if someone clarify for what was "suppose" to count as Plat year? Want to see if I do have a case with Marriott to ask for an audit.
Originally Posted by annehamnitz
Which years count as "Platinum"?

I see the regular 50+ nights at Marriott. Wondering about the year that was Gold from "Taste of Gold" challenge and the year where status was bought back with points.
Presuming 2018 is counted as status was earned last year?
Originally Posted by phltraveler
As far as point #1 (what is platinum), people are being kept "whole". Which is to say silver is any year with 10+ nights, gold is any year at 25 nights, and platinum is any year at 50 nights or more. These are the years in which you earn at least that many nights, regardless of what name those tiers had in your program at the time.

2018 should count given that they are waiting for 2018 to end and calculating the status/notifying members in Jan 2019 for the 750 nights + 10 years LTPP qualification. It allows members within Marriott + SPG to earn one or two years (if they achieved 50 nights each on the SPG + Rewards accounts in 2018) at platinum.
This is what Marriott said before the fact:
How are years at tenure calculated for Legacy MR and RCR members? We are keeping members “whole” in the applicable night tier in which they earned their Elite status. Example: If a member has 4 years of Elite status at the 50 night level (Gold Elite status) they will be counted in August and beyond as 4 years at the new 50 night level (Platinum Elite status). Only the names of the levels are changing. How we account for tenure is not changing.

That is not what Marriott seems to be doing. I was told a couple of days ago that Tastes, Challenges, and Buy-Backs are not included (they do not seem to be included in my year count). It looks like we are not being "kept whole". Instead, it looks like Marriott is interpreting "years" in the narrowest way possible, counting only years where you actually achieved the nights, not the status. I had multiple "year counts" from various Marriott agents over the last few months, but they were all at least in the same ballpark as each other and none thought this is the way it would go. Nor should it have based on the language Marriott posted.

This is not changing "only the names" of the levels; this is not counting "4 years of Elite status at the 50 night level (Gold Elite status)" as "4 years of Elite status at the new 50 night level (Platinum Elite status)". If they were only going to count years in which you had x number of nights, they could easily have said that ("a year in which you stayed 50 nights or more will count as Platinum"). They didn't. This stinks.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
That's the summary. Now try tapping on "Years as XX Elite or Higher" for a popup breakdown.
Mine is definitely incorrect. I've been Gold Elite since 9/2010 but my breakdown shows that I only have 1 year above silver and only 5 years of any elite status. I did pick up an Amex Platinum in 2017 to which would give me the automatic Gold match, but that doesn't explain the missing previous Gold years that weren't automatically granted. Will wait this out and dispute it with MR I guess as combining SPG and MR will make me lifetime Gold if they get the years of elite status correct.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Bob Chang
Mine is definitely incorrect. I've been Gold Elite since 9/2010 but my breakdown shows that I only have 1 year above silver and only 5 years of any elite status. I did pick up an Amex Platinum in 2017 to which would give me the automatic Gold match, but that doesn't explain the missing previous Gold years that weren't automatically granted. Will wait this out and dispute it with MR I guess as combining SPG and MR will make me lifetime Gold if they get the years of elite status correct.
For what it's worth, there's a thread in the SPG forum where the Lurker stated that the means by which elite years would be calculated is "proprietary." From what I gather from my own experience, they may have thrown in soft landing years (or they may not have, I really never kept track of such things since it didn't matter until recently). Whether they're counting status extended via CCs, etc, is not publicly known as far as I can tell. I think it's possible that we all may see adjustments in both directions going forward -- or what you see today might be what you've been dealt.

At the end of the day, LT status is meant to reward long-term loyalty, and I suppose it's debatable whether or not just having status because reasons is subject to the eye of the beholder...
Old Aug 22, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: all
I should be lifetime Plat Premiere with 800+ nights and 15 years of platinum but app shows Lifetime Plat
Old Aug 22, 2018, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by pantanal
I should be lifetime Plat Premiere with 800+ nights and 15 years of platinum but app shows Lifetime Plat
Jan '19 to be "notified" of LTPP for those qualifying under the new nights+years criteria, per published policy. I think a lot of us are holding out hope they'll get moving prior to that timeframe, but some here speculate that it's meant to allow for final Plat years to be attained in '18 prior to running the final LTPP sweep, which certainly seems feasible.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:02 pm

Anyone else now seeing this on the website:

“As we complete systems changes for the combination of our loyalty programs, we are unable to display lifetime status. Thank you for your patience.”

Interesting.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
For what it's worth, there's a thread in the SPG forum where the Lurker stated that the means by which elite years would be calculated is "proprietary." From what I gather from my own experience, they may have thrown in soft landing years (or they may not have, I really never kept track of such things since it didn't matter until recently). Whether they're counting status extended via CCs, etc, is not publicly known as far as I can tell. I think it's possible that we all may see adjustments in both directions going forward -- or what you see today might be what you've been dealt.

At the end of the day, LT status is meant to reward long-term loyalty, and I suppose it's debatable whether or not just having status because reasons is subject to the eye of the beholder...
I'm pretty sure they threw in soft landings and automatic extensions that were given due to the recession. I have way more elite years than I thought I would have .
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by araknis
I'm pretty sure they threw in soft landings and automatic extensions that were given due to the recession. I have way more elite years than I thought I would have .
If I got any soft landings, they're definitely not showing up. Luckily I have an inbox archive full of all my reservations that also list my status to send to MR support if they need it...
Old Aug 23, 2018, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Anyone else now seeing this on the website:

“As we complete systems changes for the combination of our loyalty programs, we are unable to display lifetime status. Thank you for your patience.”

Interesting.
I get the same message.

Previously, I had no LT status shown, though the app showed 700 nights and 14 years towards silver. So hoping that they're finally resolving this. And that the totals aren't changing.

The totals are still visible on the app and on the direct URL.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:06 am

On the mobile app I now see the following warning:

"Information on this screen, including your lifetime member level, may be incorrect as we complete upgrades for the combination of our loyalty programs. Thank you for your patience."
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:20 am

Whether they're counting status extended via CCs, etc, is not publicly known as far as I can tell
They are.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
On the mobile app I now see the following warning:

"Information on this screen, including your lifetime member level, may be incorrect as we complete upgrades for the combination of our loyalty programs. Thank you for your patience."
I don't see that warning yet, but good to know.
Before I combined accounts it only showed 3 years of Platinum, however I first earned Plat in 2012 and have qualified as Plat or PP every year since then. One year I did get a soft landing from PP to Plat when I really only earned Gold. (There is a 3-yr nights number that can keep you Plat.) So I was showing way low in the app. When I combined, I got 1 more year of Plat and 1 year of Gold added even though I NEVER earned any status in SPG, only been matched. So that is all messed up right now.
I am hoping that once my 15 nights come in from the card that I will clear Plat again this year (7th) and move up to LT Gold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.