Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Retired FF
Just seeking confirmation of my understanding, thanks in advance...
My understanding is that if you've qualified in advance in MR (750+ nights plus 2M points), it's instantaneous LTPP. If you're going into LTPP via 750+ nights plus 10 yrs Plat (combined or otherwise), then Jan '19. I find this highly annoying, but that's my read of published material from MR. Also, as a data point, I have north of 750 nights but only 1.5M points (mostly have stayed in RI and TPS properties over the years at half points earnings, and only recently figured out the CC game). I natively have 11 yrs MR Plat according to the current count in the new app, but LT status still sitting at Silver. Bummer.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
My understanding is that if you've qualified in advance in MR (750+ nights plus 2M points), it's instantaneous LTPP.
I do not see LTPP yet. I was 750/2MM prior to July 31.

My guess is that it's a batch process that they haven't run yet. Probably letting the other dust settle... They'll run it at some point in the near future (hopefully!) and then they'll modify it and run it again in January 2019.

"Instantaneous" didn't happen, but a year from now no one will care.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by pinniped
I do not see LTPP yet. I was 750/2MM prior to July 31.
Counterexample: I was also 750/2MM, and I do show LTPP. Both in the Marriott app as well as on the website.

-mvitale
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:44 pm

Sorry all, I was reading cases of MR LTP members reporting LTPP in the new app, so just assumed that aspect had gone off well for all.

Edit: I guess I should've said that it's my understanding that only those of us qualifying LTPP via 750+ nights plus 10 yrs Plat are intentionally being put into the Jan '19 penalty box for unknown (to me) reasons...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Sorry all, I was reading cases of MR LTP members reporting LTPP in the new app, so just assumed that aspect had gone off well for all.

Edit: I guess I should've said that it's my understanding that only those of us qualifying LTPP via 750+ nights plus 10 yrs Plat are intentionally being put into the Jan '19 penalty box for unknown (to me) reasons...
Marriott IT? As far as I can tell, I never even got an auto-generated email of any kind for the mere acts of making Plat or for achieving LT Silver this year...so combining accounts between SPG and MR will take some supercomputer time
Old Aug 20, 2018, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mvitale
Counterexample: I was also 750/2MM, and I do show LTPP. Both in the Marriott app as well as on the website.

-mvitale
Well, after some digging I've found 1 screen in the mobile app that says "Platinum Premier Elite, our most exclusive benefits are yours."

Most of the rest of the app and all of the website just shows Plat.

I was not Platinum Premier before and am at 55 Marriott-only EQN so far this year.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Marriott IT? As far as I can tell, I never even got an auto-generated email of any kind for the mere acts of making Plat or for achieving LT Silver this year...so combining accounts between SPG and MR will take some supercomputer time
But the thing is, supposing I combine my account this week and my LT tally shows 750+ nights and 10+ combined yrs plat - they have the info they need. Indeed, in my case I don't even need to combine accounts (according to the current Plat yr count).

The conspiracy theorist might worry that they're looking to see how the LTPP body count is going to stack up, and be either more or less generous with final Plat year credit accordingly. "Sorry sir, that screen shot reflects a mistake from the Aug '18 systems merger - it accidentally counted xyz years that do not actually qualify towards LTPP, and we've since corrected that mistake. Please check your account again and see that you did not meet the criteria for LTPP. Which type of years didn't qualify? Well, you see, that's proprietary <laughs maniacally with hand over microphone>."

Having said all that, thus far it would appear that probably all years in which I held Gold or above made it into my Plat year tally (never kept records, but it feels right), regardless of how I got that status. So thus far, anyway, I am viewing Marriott's approach as being generous and non-nitpicky. Just hope it stays that way...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:12 pm

Quick update: Their back end still needs to go through more processes. I checked in today and they showed that I was Plat instead of LTPP.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by nova08
Quick update: Their back end still needs to go through more processes. I checked in today and they showed that I was Plat instead of LTPP.
Known issue.

But the thing is, supposing I combine my account this week and my LT tally shows 750+ nights and 10+ combined yrs plat - they have the info they need. Indeed, in my case I don't even need to combine accounts (according to the current Plat yr count).
Read the terms:

Originally Posted by Marriott Terms & Conditions
4.2.f. Lifetime Elite Status Criteria. In 2018, Members can earn Lifetime Elite Status one of two ways:

Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite*: 750 Qualifying Nights + 10 Years as Platinum Elite
* Achievement of Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status is only available until December 31, 2018 and will not be continued thereafter. Members will receive notice of this Lifetime achievement in January 2019.

If you qualified on 750 nights + 10 years at platinum, you will not receive notice immediately.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nova08
Come Jan you will get to enjoy your PPlat benefits if you aren’t currently one

Maybe Marriott will surprise us with an early sweep...
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by phltraveler

Read the terms:

If you qualified on 750 nights + 10 years at platinum, you will not receive notice immediately.
I probably know the terms (at least as they relate to this issue) as well as most folks by now, and I don't think anything I posted suggested otherwise. As senior IT consultant, I'm questioning the why aspect - there's no apparent technical limitation that would lead to such a policy as far as I'm concerned (they have sufficient data - at least for some of us), and that's what I posted about. Barking orders such as "read the terms" is in poor taste, especially in response to a post that was meant to be insightful and helpful to someone completely other than yourself. A more more enlightened approach would simply be something along the lines of "here are the terms." See how different those two read?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
I probably know the terms (at least as they relate to this issue) as well as most folks by now, and I don't think anything I posted suggested otherwise. As senior IT consultant, I'm questioning the why aspect - there's no apparent technical limitation that would lead to such a policy as far as I'm concerned (they have sufficient data - at least for some of us), and that's what I posted about. Barking orders such as "read the terms" is in poor taste, especially in response to a post that was meant to be insightful and helpful to someone completely other than yourself. A more more enlightened approach would simply be something along the lines of "here are the terms." See how different those two read?
As someone else that also works in IT, there is clearly some IT case. IT was clearly folded into legacy MR as legacy MR was counted (nights + points) but under merged perspective, it was nights + years at status (status defined at a nights level).

I'm guessing a lot of combined activity elites would not be considered without the full years of 2018 being considered as up to 2+ years at platinum (between MR and SPG separately) and they decided those criteria to be worthwhile on niche processing.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by phltraveler

I'm guessing a lot of combined activity elites would not be considered without the full years of 2018 being considered as up to 2+ years at platinum (between MR and SPG separately) and they decided those criteria to be worthwhile on niche processing.
Perhaps so - one less script to tangle with just now, with everything else going on.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec

The conspiracy theorist might worry that they're looking to see how the LTPP body count is going to stack up, and be either more or less generous with final Plat year credit accordingly. "Sorry sir, that screen shot reflects a mistake from the Aug '18 systems merger - it accidentally counted xyz years that do not actually qualify towards LTPP, and we've since corrected that mistake. Please check your account again and see that you did not meet the criteria for LTPP. Which type of years didn't qualify? Well, you see, that's proprietary <laughs maniacally with hand over microphone>."

Having said all that, thus far it would appear that probably all years in which I held Gold or above made it into my Plat year tally (never kept records, but it feels right), regardless of how I got that status. So thus far, anyway, I am viewing Marriott's approach as being generous and non-nitpicky. Just hope it stays that way...
I was similarly paranoid that they hadn't counted my years right, but i went ahead and combined my accounts and there were no issues. The years and nights added up exactly right -- over 10 years and over 750 nights. My Lifetime status clicked up to Lifetime Platinum, so clearly crossed the 10-year threshold and i'm assuming it will cross to LTPP at the end of the year based on the night count.

Last edited by kv99; Aug 21, 2018 at 4:57 am
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by kv99
I was similarly paranoid that they hadn't counted my years right, but i went ahead and combined my accounts and there were no issues.
I was planning on waiting a good bit before taking the plunge, but my curiosity may get the better of me (once that's enabled for my account - not as yet)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.