Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by jemsta
No, if you get LT Gold under old legacy Marriott before 31/12, you will get mapped to LT Platinum under the new combined programme.

If you can't achieve the old legacy terms by 31/12, then you would need 600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years Platinum Elite Status to achieve the same.
Here is a quote from members.marriott confirming this:
You can also qualify for Lifetime status via the existing criteria for Rewards and SPG through December 31, 2018.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Here is a quote from members.marriott confirming this:
CJ that is exactly where the confusion lies. Nowhere does it say that you will be given the Mapping that is done on Aug 1.
  1. Starting in August, you’ll be able to qualify instantly for one of our three Lifetime status levels:
    • Lifetime Silver Elite
    • Lifetime Gold Elite
    • Lifetime Platinum Elite
  2. You can also qualify for Lifetime status via the existing criteria for Rewards and SPGthrough December 31, 2018

It just says you can qualify the old way. So you can qualify as a LT GOLD the OLD way HOWEVER will you be mapped to Platinum Jan 1 or mapped under the new System which would be the following:

LIFETIME GOLD ELITE

• Points Never Expire
  • All Gold Elite benefits

This is where the confusion lies. It says:
  • Existing Elite members will continue to be Elite and will receive a new, but similar, tier level in August. See chart below.
  • HERE’S HOW LIFETIME TIERS WILL CHANGE IN AUGUST.
    Rewards Lifetime Elite Status Today
    Lifetime Elite Status in August
    Lifetime Silver Elite
    Lifetime Silver Elite
    Lifetime Gold Elite
    Lifetime Platinum Elite
    Lifetime Platinum Elite
    OR
    Achieve 750 nights & 10 years
    Platinum Elite by 12/31/18
    Grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite

I have tweeted at Marriott Rewards, Called and emailed. No response so far that I hang my hat on.

There is NOTHING in writing that says you they will MAP you Jan 1 like they will on Aug 1. It just says you have until Dec 31st to qualify for LT GOLD.

These two things ARE NOT the same. If this is NOT their intention where does it say that?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:13 pm

if you get lifetime plat premier, doesn't that mean you get lifetime united silver?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yerffej201
if you get lifetime plat premier, doesn't that mean you get lifetime united silver?
There is no such thing as "lifetime United Silver"
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
There is no such thing as "lifetime United Silver"
That and the MR/UA partnership is not a program that will go on forever. Either party may decide to walk away.
Markie likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nova08
That and the MR/UA partnership is not a program that will go on forever. Either party may decide to walk away.
Yeah the posts along the lines of "I am a current LTP / future LTPP so I will have UA Silver forever, awesome!" make me chuckle...
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Yeah the posts along the lines of "I am a current LTP / future LTPP so I will have UA Silver forever, awesome!" make me chuckle...
Yes. First for thinking this could go on forever, second for thinking UA Silver is awesome.

Besides, I thought the UA status match was based on earned MR status each year and not on LT status?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Michilander
Yes. First for thinking this could go on forever, second for thinking UA Silver is awesome.

Besides, I thought the UA status match was based on earned MR status each year and not on LT status?
If you have LT status it would match to that each year, thus the thought that "I will have UA Silver for life due to my LT Marriott status"
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:58 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
I haven't attained 75+ nights with Marriott in quite a few years, but I've been a LT Plat for a long time now. I've been able to get UA Silver for the last few years though.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:57 am

anyone have any insights into my post? Help Appreciated!!!
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:33 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
anyone have any insights into my post? Help Appreciated!!!
Marriott gave you an answer which you have chosen not to believe. Posters have given you the same answer, and one answer was liked by other posters as a sign they agree with the answer, which you have chosen not to believe. How can it be any wonder nobody else is providing an answer? You have until the end of the year to qualify for LT status under the legacy rules. The charts show how the legacy tiers will match to the new program tiers without any qualification that those matches only apply on the first day of the new program. Very clear.
chongl and getagb like this.

Last edited by CJKatl; Jul 23, 2018 at 7:38 am
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by jr1202sr
Under the Old System I am 250K points Short of LT GOLD. I have the 500 nights. I can transfer my United Miles into my Marriott Account and will then make the 1.6 Million Threshold HOWEVER I prefer to not get that valuation for my United miles and should be able to earn that Many Marriott Points by 12/31/2018 through stays and credit card use.

The benefit of this is that on August 1st this LT GOLD maps to LT Platinum and I would have this for life. I have read I have until 12/31/2018 to qualify for LT GOLD and am spoke to Marriott Rewards and they confirmed this....

HOWEVER

I also have read that although you have until 12/31/2018 to qualify for LT Status that if you qualify AFTER august 1 you your LT GOLD will map to LT GOLD under the new system and NOT LT platinum. You have to qualify before August 1st 2018 in order to map to new levels. Is this true?

Can anyone confirm this? I have read conflicting info on this and need to know if I need to move points quickly before August 1st or I can wait and earn them.

THANK YOU!!!!
You can only transfer 50,000 United miles a year so might not make a difference, unless you can earn/manufacturer 200k more in the next week.

And I have no inside knowledge, but they way I read it if you get to 500 nights and 1.6 million points by Dec 31, then your old-rules Lifetime Gold would transfer to the new Lifetime Platinum.

Last edited by forecheck; Jul 23, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Old Jul 23, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
If you have LT status it would match to that each year, thus the thought that "I will have UA Silver for life due to my LT Marriott status"
MR theoretically could constrain the UA deal to current elites and exclude lifetime Plat Premier, but since that group is capped in size to those who qualify before EOY 2018, I doubt they will exclude LTPP going forward.

Whether the airline deal stays is something only time can tell, but at least for now, Lifetime Plat will qualify you for UA Silver via the RewardsPlus program They might turn around in a week or a year or ten years and go to another airline, or just end airline status match, but no one has a crystal ball on that one.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

second for thinking UA Silver is awesome
It depends how you use UA as to how useful UA Silver is.

If you pretty much only fly UA on business class (or above) awards, then UA Silver's greater award availability at ua.com may indeed be "awesome", even if it's the only UA Silver benefit you see. (But you'd have to know whether the expanded availability made the difference between you being able to book that award or not, to really know whether it was "awesome". But knowing that may be tricky...)

If, OTOH, you mostly fly UA in coach on paid flights, then it would depend on how you travel and on what routes you travel as to whether UA Silver gets you anything useful at all (for example, it only gives you free Economy Plus at 24 hours out, so if the routes you fly are so higher-elite-heavy that EP is often booked up at that point, then that benefit is useless).
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sdsearch
It depends how you use UA as to how useful UA Silver is.

If you pretty much only fly UA on business class (or above) awards, then UA Silver's greater award availability at ua.com may indeed be "awesome", even if it's the only UA Silver benefit you see. (But you'd have to know whether the expanded availability made the difference between you being able to book that award or not, to really know whether it was "awesome". But knowing that may be tricky...)

If, OTOH, you mostly fly UA in coach on paid flights, then it would depend on how you travel and on what routes you travel as to whether UA Silver gets you anything useful at all (for example, it only gives you free Economy Plus at 24 hours out, so if the routes you fly are so higher-elite-heavy that EP is often booked up at that point, then that benefit is useless).
I think you are overlooking some key benefits that non-elites would value:
  • Priority check-in
  • 1 free checked bag
  • Elite phone line
  • Slightly better boarding group
  • Free E+, yes even late in the game
E+ upsell is actually quite expensive, so that may be the biggest $$ benefit.. the rest are all convenience perks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.