Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Does LTP status still not show up until you don't make Plat? I've been lifetime plat for a few years, but my status still shows Plat since I qualify for it every year anyway.
They did send me a LTP card when I qualified but thats it.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Does LTP status still not show up until you don't make Plat? I've been lifetime plat for a few years, but my status still shows Plat since I qualify for it every year anyway.
Any lifetime status is superseded by a current higher or equal status. E.g. LTP will not show as long as you are a regular P.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: DL FF, Marriott LT Plat., National EA
"Lifetime" isn't a status!... it's a "state of being"... :)

Originally Posted by funkbandit
Any lifetime status is superseded by a current higher or equal status. E.g. LTP will not show as long as you are a regular P.
"Lifetime Platinum" isn't a status. It is a "club" whose members will have the status of "Platinum" for their lifetime!

For ME, Marriott lists me as "Platinum" anywhere on the site that references a status. It is on the Account Overview - Nights Detail window where my status is listed as Platinum Lifetime Status. THAT is the place where you should be concerned if you don't see it.

By the way... CONGRATS for reaching the promised land!
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by rylan
Your status on the main page will show Plat as long as you qualify each year. if you go to the Overview page and click on the DETAILS link under the nights in the upper right corner you should get a pop-up window that shows your current lifetime status.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
Originally Posted by Segments

But are the numbers accurate? Mine re-appeared but once again arent correct. LOL
The app is NOT showing the accurate point count for me. It is more than 200k points too low. The app says I have ~1,850,000 points, and I passed 2,000,000 in April (confirmed by both a Marriott email CSR and receiving a congrats on reaching lifetime platinum email).
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:35 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DAS02135
The app is NOT showing the accurate point count for me. It is more than 200k points too low. The app says I have ~1,850,000 points, and I passed 2,000,000 in April (confirmed by both a Marriott email CSR and receiving a ‘congrats on reaching lifetime platinum’ email).
You didn't transfer points to a family member or friend for an award did you (i.e. like for a TP award)? If so, the LT points are also deducted from your LT totals when they transfer the points to your family member or friend's account.

Last edited by hhoope01; Jul 19, 2018 at 9:49 am
Old Jul 19, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by dsperling
"Lifetime Platinum" isn't a status. It is a "club" whose members will have the status of "Platinum" for their lifetime!

For ME, Marriott lists me as "Platinum" anywhere on the site that references a status. It is on the Account Overview - Nights Detail window where my status is listed as Platinum Lifetime Status. THAT is the place where you should be concerned if you don't see it.

By the way... CONGRATS for reaching the promised land!
Maybe I'm too old. I was thinking of back in the days when you would still receive a plastic card by mail. As long as you held higher or equal status of your "lifetime club level" (LOL) the card would only reflect the status achieved and have an expiration date on it. Once your status was lower than your "lifetime club level" your card would reflect your lifetime status and also that it was a lifetime status.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: amex gold, hhonors gold, spg gold :)
combined nights 750+ and 2 million MR

Hi, I am not finding this information.

I have 554 nights in MR but over 2 million points. I also have 350 nights in SPG. After August, there are lots of mention about having 750+ combined nights with 10 years of combined platinum, but not a mention of 750+ combined nights with 2 million MR points. I don't qualify for LTPP? bummer, if not.

-hchon
Old Jul 19, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by hchon
Hi, I am not finding this information.

I have 554 nights in MR but over 2 million points. I also have 350 nights in SPG. After August, there are lots of mention about having 750+ combined nights with 10 years of combined platinum, but not a mention of 750+ combined nights with 2 million MR points. I don't qualify for LTPP? bummer, if not.

-hchon
The Starwood Lurker has answered this question with a YES (see Q B8), but many people have chosen not to believe the answer because of the explanation included with the answer and another answer that they read to contract the yes. The Lurker has confirmed that yes means yes but the doubters continue to doubt. You will need to choose whether you believe the Lurker and/or wait until the programs unite in Aug or maybe until after LTPP is bestowed on the final groups after Jan 1.
Saidoh likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:23 pm

Anyone know when lifetime status is applied after qualifying for it? Have enough nights and points for MR lifetime gold this year, but I don't see that reflected anywhere.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by pitabread
Anyone know when lifetime status is applied after qualifying for it? Have enough nights and points for MR lifetime gold this year, but I don't see that reflected anywhere.
I am in the same situation, just qualified for LTG and "details" in "Account" actually states "Lifetime Gold", however everywhere else (including reservations) its still Silver
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Originally Posted by dsauch
I am in the same situation, just qualified for LTG and "details" in "Account" actually states "Lifetime Gold", however everywhere else (including reservations) its still Silver
Me too. I passed back about a week ago (9th of June) from LTS to LTG with a credit card posting. I took a screen print of the "Account" page just in case.
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:59 pm

Lifetime GOLD Question

Under the Old System I am 250K points Short of LT GOLD. I have the 500 nights. I can transfer my United Miles into my Marriott Account and will then make the 1.6 Million Threshold HOWEVER I prefer to not get that valuation for my United miles and should be able to earn that Many Marriott Points by 12/31/2018 through stays and credit card use.

The benefit of this is that on August 1st this LT GOLD maps to LT Platinum and I would have this for life. I have read I have until 12/31/2018 to qualify for LT GOLD and am spoke to Marriott Rewards and they confirmed this....

HOWEVER

I also have read that although you have until 12/31/2018 to qualify for LT Status that if you qualify AFTER august 1 you your LT GOLD will map to LT GOLD under the new system and NOT LT platinum. You have to qualify before August 1st 2018 in order to map to new levels. Is this true?

Can anyone confirm this? I have read conflicting info on this and need to know if I need to move points quickly before August 1st or I can wait and earn them.

THANK YOU!!!!
Old Jul 21, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by dsauch
I think you have to call and ask them to re-run something in the reservations to get your new status reflected.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:25 am

No, if you get LT Gold under old legacy Marriott before 31/12, you will get mapped to LT Platinum under the new combined programme.

If you can't achieve the old legacy terms by 31/12, then you would need 600 Lifetime Nights + 10 Years Platinum Elite Status to achieve the same.
RogerD408 and getagb like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.