Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by hhoope01
You might want to re-read the first two words in the quoted text.
Or even just moving the end parenthese to after “breakfast” would make it a little more clear. But it is odd IMO that they make a point to note that Resorts are excluded, yet don’t do the same for RC.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Originally Posted by crimsona
Ritz is still excluded. Go to st Regis instead
Per the pdf you posted, St. Regis is excluded as well!
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:49 am

Breakfast amenity provided as check-in amenity option for st Regis, but only points for Ritz

Essentially, treat everything as the same as pre merger
Old Jul 15, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Lifetime points are appearing for me in the mobile app now.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: Marriott PLT (LTPP), SPG PLT (LTG), AA EXP, UA 1K, Delta silver, Hertz PC
LTP just appeared on my account after my stay ending last Thursday. Excited to be a part of the elite club! I wonder what Marriott does to recognize this achievement...if anything. Would be nice if the hotel I'm staying at does something to recognize it...
Old Jul 15, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by fayraree
LTP just appeared on my account after my stay ending last Thursday. Excited to be a part of the elite club! I wonder what Marriott does to recognize this achievement...if anything. Would be nice if the hotel I'm staying at does something to recognize it...
Don't expect anything from MR, although some properties have been reported to offer up a gift of some sort. Not required. Now the best part is that since you made LTP, you will move to LTPP upon the merge.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Don't expect anything from MR, although some properties have been reported to offer up a gift of some sort. Not required. Now the best part is that since you made LTP, you will move to LTPP upon the merge.
Some report getting congratulatory emails years after actually achieving the status.... others.... don't receive anything at all.

Maybe the only gift they give upon reaching LTP is the ability to stay at different hotel chains.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Maybe the only gift they give upon reaching LTP is the ability to stay at different hotel chains.
^ !!!!

David
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Originally Posted by crimsona
Breakfast amenity provided as check-in amenity option for st Regis, but only points for Ritz

Essentially, treat everything as the same as pre merger
No, I'm not talking about breakfast. I'm talking about lounge access – you suggested to frankhi to go to St. Regis instead of Ritz if he wants lounge. But per the pdf you posted St. Regis is also excluded from offering lounge.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: Marriott PLT (LTPP), SPG PLT (LTG), AA EXP, UA 1K, Delta silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jjmoore
^this
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Now the best part is that since you made LTP, you will move to LTPP upon the merge.
^and this!!!

woohoooo!!!
Old Jul 18, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
I logged into the Marriott website this morning, and using the "Details >" link under this year's nights on my Account Overview page, my Lifetime Nights and Points are both showing up. Same in the app.

Yay!

-mvitale
Old Jul 18, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by mvitale
I logged into the Marriott website this morning, and using the "Details >" link under this year's nights on my Account Overview page, my Lifetime Nights and Points are both showing up. Same in the app.

Yay!

-mvitale
But are the numbers accurate? Mine re-appeared but once again aren’t correct. LOL
Old Jul 18, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by Segments

But are the numbers accurate? Mine re-appeared but once again aren’t correct. LOL
Mine re-appeared, and are correct to the best of my knowledge.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Lifetime points are back on my app as well.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by Segments
As far as I can tell, yes, they are.

-mvitale

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.