Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by swag
but that's exactly what the account linking did.
Linking did not result in points being moved or accounts being closed. Merging will. It makes perfect sense that Marriott will say something like, "You know you are about to close your account and move your points" as you do it rather than just all of a sudden have people confused as to where an account went. Linking affirmed a single person had two accounts as opposed to merging which will close an account and move points. I would not want Marriott to move my points and close one of my accounts without my concurrent permission and involvement.

And how will Marriott know which of my two accounts to close? Shouldn't I be able to tell them so I know which account to access in the future? Doesn't it make more sense to ask me so I am on top of this than to get calls later from upset members wanting to access their accounts but having to find them first?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by swag
I don't buy this at all.

I've been through air/hotel mergers before, and I don't remember ever having to grant permission to merge accounts, Certainly not in the sense that denying permission or just ignoring it was a viable alternative. You're correct that they can minimize IT and customer service headaches if they get positive confirmation in advance that the accounts holders actually match, but that's exactly what the account linking did.

Once we've linked accounts, they shouldn't need additional permission. The customer has confirmed the accounts match, so there should be no errors introduced by the merge process. An exception would be if there were some benefit to delaying the merge, for example if they decided that once you merge, you can no longer qualify for lifetime status in the legacy programs, but there's not yet been any indication that this will be the case.
Way too many corner cases that can creep up in whatever process they choose. There have been program postings asking us to make sure our emails are matched up too. Personally, I use unique usernames for most of my accounts, so I may be headed for trouble if I don't change it up. That's why I try to read as much as I can, especially from MR & SPG to try and understand what's about to happen and what works best for me.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Linking did not result in points being moved or accounts being closed. Merging will. It makes perfect sense that Marriott will say something like, "You know you are about to close your account and move your points" as you do it rather than just all of a sudden have people confused as to where an account went. Linking affirmed a single person had two accounts as opposed to merging which will close an account and move points. I would not want Marriott to move my points and close one of my accounts without my concurrent permission and involvement.

And how will Marriott know which of my two accounts to close? Shouldn't I be able to tell them so I know which account to access in the future? Doesn't it make more sense to ask me so I am on top of this than to get calls later from upset members wanting to access their accounts but having to find them first?
Is it not assumed that the MR account will be the one to "survive" the merge?
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by GoPhils
Marriott has made it clear that most people can choose which of the two accounts to keep.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by GoPhils
Not clear from what I've read, not that it really matters. Except for those that have their account number memorized. For me, that's what my cell phone is for, plant it as a note to the contact entry. And if you're one nervous about it getting out, use a simple encryption process like reverse the first and last if not the same.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Long time member looking for some guidance to not waste away my lifetime of MR loyalty.

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask, and/or been already discussed. The last 10 pages have made my head spin!
  • I have 690 Lifetime Nights + 1.5 million Points with MR
  • I can't say for sure, but if memory serves me, I believe I have been MR Gold for the past 5 years and MR Plat prior to that for 5+ years (is there a way to confirm?)
  • I also have 44 Lifetime Nights + 28,000 Points with SPG
Couple questions (and again apologies if this is the wrong place to ask)
  1. While historically I have only qualified for Silver Lifetime, am I understanding correctly, that based on the new qualification criteria, I will immediately become Lifetime Gold on MR?
  2. Do Lifetime points on MR mean anything anymore?
  3. If I combine SPG + MR, I will definitely hit 750 nights by year end (12/31). Don't imagine there is any way in heck I can qualify for Lifetime Platinum Premier (beg, grovel)?
  4. Is there a # of nights or points that I should be targeting with my travel over the next 6 months?
Thanks!

Last edited by nabster; Jul 2, 2018 at 10:27 pm
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by nabster
Long time member looking for some guidance to not waste away my lifetime of MR loyalty.

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong place to ask, and/or been already discussed. The last 10 pages have made my head spin!
  • I have 690 Lifetime Nights + 1.5 million Points with MR
  • I can't say for sure, but if memory serves me, I believe I have been MR Gold for the past 5 years and MR Plat prior to that for 5+ years (is there a way to confirm?)
  • I also have 44 Lifetime Nights + 28,000 Points with SPG
Couple questions (and again apologies if this is the wrong place to ask)

While historically I have only qualified for Silver Lifetime, am I understanding correctly, that based on the new qualification criteria, I will immediately become Lifetime Gold on MR?
Based on the number of elite Gold and Plat years + the number of nights, you should become LT Plat (new program) come August.

Do Lifetime points on MR mean anything anymore?
Yes, until 31/12/2018 you can qualify for LT levels according to the old MR LT rules which consider LT points (1.2m for silver, 1.6m for gold, 2.0m for plat)

If I combine SPG + MR, I will definitely hit 750 nights by year end (12/31). Don't imagine there is any way in heck I can qualify for Lifetime Platinum Premier (beg, grovel)?
Together with your 10+ years of MR gold and plat, 750 combined nights should give you LTPP (new) in January. If you want to confirm your elite level tenure you'll need to call MR. As long as adding full years will do the trick they'll be able to provide an answer.

Is there a # of nights or points that I should be targeting with my travel over the next 6 months?
Thanks!
750 nights should be your lucky number.
CJKatl likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Interestingly it would appear that "lifetime" points is back on the website:

Nights Detail

0 nights needed to renew Platinum level
  • Nights stayed33
  •  
    • Paid:33
    • Redeemed:0
  • Bonus nights53
  •  
    • Promotional:0
    • Rewards Credit Card:0
    • Rewarding Events:0
    • 2017 rollover:53
  • 2018 Total View my activity information86
  • Platinum Lifetime Status
  •  
    • Nights794
    • Points2,369,395
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:38 am

[QUOTE=Wickersley;29932879]Interestingly it would appear that "lifetime" points is back on the website:

Not for me- only lifetime nights are posted, lifetime points are not listed.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ronin
Not for me- only lifetime nights are posted, lifetime points are not listed.
Are you following the directions in the Wiki? It shows the points for me Just verified). There is another screen that does not, so if you go into your account and walk through the screens then no LT points are shown, but the link in the Wiki does. I can see them not spending any time cleaning up the existing web pages since they should die at/by the end of the year.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: DL FF, Marriott LT Plat., National EA
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Are you following the directions in the Wiki? It shows the points for me Just verified). There is another screen that does not, so if you go into your account and walk through the screens then no LT points are shown, but the link in the Wiki does. I can see them not spending any time cleaning up the existing web pages since they should die at/by the end of the year.
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
RogerD408 and DL-Don like this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Yes, lifetime points are back!!!

Old Jul 3, 2018, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DL-Don
I think you're looking good for August 1. I don't have a spreadsheet to prove it, but I believe you've qualified for LT Platinum Boss.
lexdevil, JBord and ymx like this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by pinniped
I think you're looking good for August 1. I don't have a spreadsheet to prove it, but I believe you've qualified for LT Platinum Boss.
I try not to be too over-confident.
lexdevil likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by DL-Don

I think you're a Marriott Superhero. 9,433,858 points! Vacations for your entire neighborhood.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.