Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Dublin_rfk
My post was an observation not a complaint. I don’t worry myself over little things like lifetime points.I’ve had ‘Gold’ status for most of the 25+ years I’ve been in the program. So what if I don’t have 1.6 million lifetime points? I expect that sometime prior to my 30 year anniversary I’ll cross that threshold.Until then I have the next best thing. ‘Gold’ status by way of a FF program that I have lifetime status with. PS: I like the experiences I have when staying with Marriott and I enjoy the perks from the Rewards Program.
No worries, I did not take it as a complaint. Everyone gets to set their own priorities.

As for your LT point total, if you're approaching 30 years, you might be surprised how close to Plat level (at least in points) you might be today. I never felt like I spent that much, but crossed the $2M mark some time ago.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 9:23 am

FYI - Combined LT PP confirmed by MR Twitter

Old May 16, 2018, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I wouldn't bet my farm on Twitter.

Maybe right, maybe wrong, not definitive.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CPRich

Maybe right, maybe wrong, not definitive.
Basically an excellent rule of thumb for all social media.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by JCrew7384
FYI - Combined LT PP confirmed by MR Twitter

Huge discussion in this thread.

Official announcement – See how our three loyalty programs will become one in August

Still waiting for Starwood Lurker to confirm.
Old May 18, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
This is a copy/paste of content from Starwood Lurker, who in my days as SPG Platinum has usually been right on the ball. It's pretty clear the three scenarios that get you into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite. It's going to really bug me when I might end up with 800+ nights in SPG+MR, but I have a feeling I'll be at 8 or 9 years of Platinum status so no PP for me!

Q: So do members get grandfathered into LTPPE status one of three ways?

1. Legacy MR members who earn Lifetime Platinum status in the MR program on or prior to 7/31/18 will be grandfathered into the new LTPP status.

A: MR/RCR members who have already earned Lifetime Platinum Elite Status will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status in August.

2. Legacy SPG members who have 750 nights and 10 years platinum in the SPG program on or prior to 12/31/18 will be grandfathered into the new LTPP status.

A: Legacy SPG members OR Legacy MR/RCR members who have 750 nigths and 10 years of Platinum Status prior to 12/31/18 will be grandfathered into the new Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status.

3. Combined MR/SPG members who have 750 nights and 10 years platinum in the combined program on or prior to 12/31/18 will be grandfathered into the new LTPP status.

A: When members merge their accounts MR/SPG members who have 750 nights and 10 years platinum in the new program on or prior to 12/31/18 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status. (This will be the only year members can earn into this status)
Old May 18, 2018, 10:50 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by pitflyer
This is a copy/paste of content from Starwood Lurker ...
I'm sure this won't stop the debate, complaints, petitions or outrage, but it seems pretty clear to me.

IMHO, since we're talking about lifetime Platinum Premier, the requirement of ten years of Platinum status seems reasonable. YMMV.
Old May 18, 2018, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
If I push to get 200,000 points by year-end, I will qualify for the old Marriott Rewards Lifetime Silver (new Lifetime Gold Silver) in the interim, but the benefits are fairly minimal.

Disappointing.

Time will tell.
​​​​​
Originally Posted by getagb
Where are you with nights? Is LT Gold a possibility this year?
No, only about 300.

Fortunately I have the Chase Marriott Rewards Visa card that earns one night per $3,000 spent (as does my wife) plus 15 nights per year.

So now I will need to spend $105K per year, less whatever number of nights I stay, in about six more years -- rather than spending whatever I normally spend for however long it takes me to get there.

While 600 is an increase from 500, it is less than 750. So we will be able to get to work on my wife's Lifetime Platinum Elite status that much sooner.

Too bad my kids will not be able to get that same nights-earning credit card. It was a good program all around.
Old May 19, 2018, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by pitflyer
This is a copy/paste of content from Starwood Lurker, who in my days as SPG Platinum has usually been right on the ball. It's pretty clear the three scenarios that get you into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite. It's going to really bug me when I might end up with 800+ nights in SPG+MR, but I have a feeling I'll be at 8 or 9 years of Platinum status so no PP for me!

Q: So do members get grandfathered into LTPPE status one of three ways?

1. Legacy MR members who earn Lifetime Platinum status in the MR program on or prior to 7/31/18 will be grandfathered into the new LTPP status.

A: MR/RCR members who have already earned Lifetime Platinum Elite Status will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status in August.

2. Legacy SPG members who have 750 nights and 10 years platinum in the SPG program on or prior to 12/31/18 will be grandfathered into the new LTPP status.

A: Legacy SPG members OR Legacy MR/RCR members who have 750 nigths and 10 years of Platinum Status prior to 12/31/18 will be grandfathered into the new Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status.

3. Combined MR/SPG members who have 750 nights and 10 years platinum in the combined program on or prior to 12/31/18 will be grandfathered into the new LTPP status.

A: When members merge their accounts MR/SPG members who have 750 nights and 10 years platinum in the new program on or prior to 12/31/18 will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status. (This will be the only year members can earn into this status)
What I find interesting about this is, for legacy MR members, status is based upon points only before 7/31, thereafter LTPP is only achievable by nights and years - and I don't think that's correct.

Last edited by dsquared37; May 19, 2018 at 4:19 am
Old May 19, 2018, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by dsquared37
What I find interesting about this is, for legacy MR members, status is based upon points only before 7/31, thereafter LTPP is only achievable by nights and years - and I don't think that's correct.
That’s incorrect. Per the FAQ:

CAN I EARN LIFETIME STATUS UNDER THE LEGACY REQUIREMENTS (ACTIVE PRIOR TO AUGUST 2018) FOR LIFETIME ELITE STATUS IN MARRIOTT REWARDS, RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS OR SPG? IF SO, WHEN WILL I BE NOTIFIED OF MY LIFETIME ELITE STATUS?

Yes, in addition to earning based on the new criteria, members can earn Lifetime Elite Status under the legacy requirements through the end of 2018. If Lifetime status is achieved by legacy requirements, between August and December 31, 2018 you will receive notice of your updated Lifetime Elite status in January 2019. If Lifetime status is achieved based on the new criteria, you will be notified both in August 2018 as well as any time it is achieved through the end of the year.

Old May 19, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Anyone able to see their lifetime point total? It seems to have vanished from the web site, and the app is showing 0.
Old May 19, 2018, 9:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
Anyone able to see their lifetime point total? It seems to have vanished from the web site, and the app is showing 0.
Mine had not been showing then this morning the LT point totals were there. So sometime between say Wed and this morning they became visible
Old May 19, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
Click "Nights" on this page and it should show: https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
Old May 19, 2018, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by kerrigjl
Click "Nights" on this page and it should show: https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
They seemed to have removed points from both that screen and the app (shows zero). Anyone know if there is a way to find out your LT points?

I'm a bit short on points to make LT gold (plat in the new program?), would like to make a push to do so if i can.
Old May 19, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by tas246
They seemed to have removed points from both that screen and the app (shows zero). Anyone know if there is a way to find out your LT points?

I'm a bit short on points to make LT gold (plat in the new program?), would like to make a push to do so if i can.
The link you quoted still works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.