Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old May 7, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by teCh0010
I know transfers between SPG and MR don't count for lifetime, but I am wondering if points currently in SPG account will count for MR lifetime by 12/31 when the accounts are combined in august?

What about lifetime nights at SPG impacting MR lifetime status for 12/31 qualification for lifetime gold under the old program?
no, they have been very clear. Only points and nights earned in the old MR program will count for the old MR LT qualifications. There are ways around that (for points) but you'll need help from someone to launder the points. Nothing you can do about nights.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
My lifetime points balance is showing as 0 now. Hopefully this gets fixed.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JHake10
You should call. They won’t fix it if quickly people don’t call in.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:14 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Enjoy the wait...

Originally Posted by getagb

You should call. They won’t fix it if quickly people don’t call in.
I needed to change a reservation that I couldn’t do online - 2 hours and 15 minutes later I got the change done - luckily I was in the jury room just waiting around!
Old May 7, 2018, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Bottom line as a loyal credit-card user but infrequent guest:

The changes are a serious devaluation for this retiree.

I had a realistic chance in a few years of getting lifetime breakfast & lounge access at 500 nights / 1.6M points. I was already 60% there after five years.

I had an outside chance of eventually getting lifetime complimentary annual UA Mileage Plus status at 750 nights / 2.0M points.

Now it may be a struggle to get the former benefit at 600 nights / 10 years @ 50+ nights. I have 5, 6, 7, or 8 more years to go, depending on how they count years of status earned by credit card spend -- SPG Gold ($30K on Starwood AmEx in 2008) and Marriott Platinum ($75K on Ritz-Carlton Visa in 2015). Another year they renewed me at “Platinum” with only 45 nights but over $75K in combined Ritz-Carlton Visa and Chase Marriott Visa spend.

If I push to get 200,000 points by year-end, I will qualify for the old Marriott Rewards Lifetime Silver (new Lifetime Gold Silver) in the interim, but the benefits are fairly minimal.

Disappointing.

Time will tell.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; May 18, 2018 at 11:12 pm Reason: Strikethrough error, underscore correction.
Old May 8, 2018, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
If I push to get 200,000 points by year-end, I will qualify for the old Marriott Rewards Lifetime Silver (new Lifetime Gold) in the interim, but the benefits are fairly minimal.

Disappointing.

Time will tell.
Where are you with nights? Is LT Gold a possibility this year?
Old May 8, 2018, 6:28 am

The "nights" hyperlink is now missing about half the time I load https://marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
Old May 8, 2018, 6:30 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
An update:

Lifetime points still not showing in the obvious places. The link provided upthread is working, and lifetime points do show.

My anniversary was three days ago. Points from spend posted that same day. Certificate did not post.
Nothing the next day.
This morning my certificate posted. The 15 elite nights posted. With this, I just made Lifetime Gold.
But,
- no email confirming Lifetime Gold status
- no change on status on the landing page on the website.
- Lifetime totals page does not show new status
- the link from upthread does show "Gold Lifetime Totals" for points and nights. The only recognition of having achieved the new status.

I wonder if I will receive an email or other formal communication for the change in status? Would I receive a Gold Lifetime Card?
What has been the experience of other FTers when they achieved LTG or higher?
Old May 8, 2018, 6:45 am

Programs: AAEXP 2MM, UA 0.9MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat
The changes are a serious devaluation for this retiree.

I had a realistic chance in a few years of getting lifetime breakfast & lounge access at 500 nights / 1.6M points. I was already 60% there after five years.
I’m surprised by their approach to the combined LT program. While it is very similar to SPG LT Platinum, it seems problematic for Marriott members who were part way through. To combine, they could have established two qualification avenues, such as 600 nights with 10 years Platinum OR 2m points (or a new higher threshold). This may upset fewer customers.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
...If I push to get 200,000 points by year-end, I will qualify for the old Marriott Rewards Lifetime Silver (new Lifetime Gold) in the interim, but the benefits are fairly minimal.
I believe Old Marriott LT Silver = New Marriott LT Silver (not LT Gold). My spouse hits LTS this year, and I think that's it for her. Gold would require 3 more years of gold, platinum would require 6 more years of platinum (this is her 4th year > 75 nights).
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I had an outside chance of eventually getting lifetime complimentary annual UA Mileage Plus status at 750 nights / 2.0M points.
I see something like this thrown around a lot...the MP Silver status is what amounts to an annual marketing partnership (and a nice benefit), has been renewed a few times now but not guaranteed indefinitely. Thus it's really a misnomer to think it's a LT benefit that comes w/LT Plat.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I see something like this thrown around a lot...the MP Silver status is what amounts to an annual marketing partnership (and a nice benefit), has been renewed a few times now but not guaranteed indefinitely. Thus it's really a misnomer to think it's a LT benefit that comes w/LT Plat.
Unless I am mistaken, the benefits of most loyalty programs aren't "guaranteed" to last for an extended period of time.

The United benefit was part of Marriott's program before the acquisition of Starwood. Reciprocal benefits make both United and Marriott status more valuable to its members, so there may be less reason to expect the program to end than some other aspects of loyalty recognition.

If this program is discontinued, there would be very little difference (2.5 points/dollar, possible upgrade priority and some very minor additional benefits) between Lifetime Platinum and Lifetime Platinum Premier in the new program. Although many posters on FT would undoubtedly disagree, I would rather have United Silver status than an additional 2.5 points per dollar on qualified spending in the years when I don't earn Platinum Premier.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by rny321; May 8, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Old May 8, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by rny321
Unless I am mistaken, the benefits of most loyalty programs aren't "guaranteed" to last for an extended period of time.

The United benefit was part of Marriott's program before the acquisition of Starwood. Reciprocal benefits make both United and Marriott status more valuable to its members, so there may be less reason to expect the program to end than some other aspects of loyalty recognition.

If this program is discontinued, there would be very little difference (2.5 points/dollar, possible upgrade priority and some very minor additional benefits) between Platinum and Platinum Premier in the new program. Although many posters on FT would undoubtedly disagree, I would rather have United Silver status than an additional 2.5 points per dollar on qualified spending.
Nothing is lifetime truly, they can change the benefits even within their program (Example: UA Gold went from 3 free checked bags on most itinerary to 2 free checked bags a couple years back). Any partnership for reciprocal status between Airline/Hotel companies is at the election of those companies wanting to continue to offer it.

Part of the reason I chased LTP is because I wanted to retain UA Silver. United could elect to end that benefit at any time, but for now the signs of it sticking around are strong.

(It's also possible that Marriott could limit *S to current Premier Plats and not give it to grandfathered premiere plats anymore, like the suite night awards. However, the Suite Night Awards were never given to lifetime status holders in SPG, only if you hit the status within the nights/stay criteria of that year, and are new to MR. If MR were to start restricting the UA status match to current PP only, it would be "taking away" a benefit old MR LTP had received in the past, so I doubt they will make this distinction.)
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JHake10
Same problem in my account, called but still on hold after an hour.
Old May 8, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Titanium, United - Silver
Originally Posted by ab_initio
Same problem in my account, called but still on hold after an hour.
I was on hold for over 2 hours yesterday!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.