Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Old May 4, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
Originally Posted by phltraveler
Mea culpa. That works.

However, clicking the "points" hyperlink on that page took me to a sign in page that said "Welcome back, name" (where said name was not my name nor anyone who has been on my computer)...

So other parts of IT are still on the fritz, it seems.
You need a meeting!
Old May 4, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Interesting. One question that I have now though is whether MR Gold achieved through UA counts? I have 5 coming on 6 years of SPG plat based on nights but also have 4 if not 5 years of MR Gold. If so I would be nearer LTP than otherwise, although I would still be a few nights short of the 600 nights in the new program, although over the 500 required by SPG I was assuming that the MR Gold from UA wouldn't count ( and I guess I still am so as not to get disappointed if it doesn't) but that would be a nice bonus that might make up for some of the things lost in the merger.
Old May 4, 2018, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by kerrigjl
You need a meeting!
I am presuming that is for me... Yes, I do. And the sad part is I am even closer to LTP with SPG. And I'm not doing a tenth of the travelling I was doing.

But it will happen.
Old May 4, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Once logged in, go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi# and click "Nights" and it'll show LT points.
Thanks.

Turns out you can also get there by logging in and going to the bottom of the login page. On the left side the first entry under the Marriott Rewards column (Marriott Rewards Overview) will take you there.
Old May 4, 2018, 11:49 pm

RE: Purchased points:
Is it confirmed that PURCHASED POINTS count towards LIFETIME? I'm not sble to find the info on their website
Old May 5, 2018, 5:56 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by cfischer
since yesterday my LT points are removed from the app and the website. Not zero ... the line is missing altogether. Anyone else seeing this?
Since the new LT levels don't require points, maybe?
Old May 5, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CPRich
SPG has it on your Dashboard. MR sounds like it's a challenge.
I had the same question. It was answered in the SPG forum and placed in the Wiki: In August, there will be a dashboard for MR too showing years of elite status to date, so everyone can calculate LT status progress.
Old May 5, 2018, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Once logged in, go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi# and click "Nights" and it'll show LT points.
"Once logged in" didn't do anything for me. It asked me to re-log-on when I went to that link. But otherwise, thanks, it works fine for this.
Old May 5, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
The fact that LT points do not show where they usually do, is Marriott planning to use only nights to determine Lifetime status?
Old May 5, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by navatwal
The fact that LT points do not show where they usually do, is Marriott planning to use only nights to determine Lifetime status?
In the new program? Yes -- see here: members.marriott.com (nights + years)
Old May 5, 2018, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navatwal
No.

The current Marriott lifetime status uses nights and points, and it will be possible to earn lifetime status that way through Dec 2018 (which is almost 8 months away).

The new program lifetime status will use nights and years. It will be possible earn lifetime status that way starting in Aug 2018.

Neither of them (will) use nights alone.

Meanwhile, the LT points counter was broken for many (but not all) people before it was removed. So I don't see the removal as a sign that a change is coming starting later this year, but just that they've recognized that it's broken and had to "take it down for repairs".
Old May 6, 2018, 5:28 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Originally Posted by californiadreamin'
RE: Purchased points:
Is it confirmed that PURCHASED POINTS count towards LIFETIME? I'm not sble to find the info on their website
I have not seen it in writing on the Marriott website, but I have purchased points for the last 3 years and it always counted. The first time I bought points I purchased 1,000 points, and when it showed in my lifetime number, I purchased 49,000 more. I was looking down the road to Lifetime status. I made lifetime Platinum the first week of January of this year, so I have not purchased any this year. I* hope this info helps. Just buy 1,000 points first, then buy the other 49,000 when the 1,000 points show up.
californiadreamin' likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, American Airlines Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by sdsearch
The new program lifetime status will use nights and years. It will be possible earn lifetime status that way starting in Aug 2018.
I'm Lifetime Platinum already, but just out of curiosity, have they published what the new nights/years requirements will be?
Old May 6, 2018, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by sdsearch
No.

The current Marriott lifetime status uses nights and points, and it will be possible to earn lifetime status that way through Dec 2018 (which is almost 8 months away).

Neither of them (will) use nights alone.

Meanwhile, the LT points counter was broken for many (but not all) people before it was removed. So I don't see the removal as a sign that a change is coming starting later this year, but just that they've recognized that it's broken and had to "take it down for repairs".
I can't find my LT status on mine - I presume some people can still see their LT status on their profiles?

I have the nights, just need a points for LT plat - trying to figure out how many after series of stays this spring
Old May 6, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
I'm Lifetime Platinum already, but just out of curiosity, have they published what the new nights/years requirements will be?
Just bear in mind that all the Lifetime Statuses in the old program are bumped up one level higher. Gold in the new program doesn't get breakfast or lounge access, and existing MR Lifetime Gold get put at Platinum (50 night level/lounge access/breakfast) in new program and existing MR Lifetime Plat will be grandfathered to Platinum Premier (75 night level) in the new program.

Bear in mind that while the lowest level (Silver, with essentially no benefits) remains the same on the nights level, the mid-level status of Gold in the new program is basically without equivalent. The equivalent of qualifying for Lifetime Gold in the old program (lifetime of the 50 nights/year status) is getting the new LTP.

New LTP is 600 nights vs. the 500 of the old LTG, AND the requirement of 10 years at new platinum (50 nights) makes it harder to earn, since it requires more years of activity, while you could qualify for the old LTG in three or so years with high stay activity (thanks to rollover nights particularly, which counted once when earned and a second time in the year that they were rolled over to, meaning you could effectively earn 200 nights a year with only ~125 nights actually earned within that year).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.