Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CJKatl
That would be understandable, but let me ask, have you seen that information from Marriott or are you surmising that because it makes sense? In other words, is that an official statement from Marriott?
I was away from FT for 10 days, but it seems like Marriott still hasn't issued a very detailed FAQ about Lifetime status. That internal Q&A thing (with some unanswered questions) looks like a start.

If we can attain LTPP *after* the accounts are merged, then great - I'm LTPP right now based on my Starwood stays. However, I'm just assuming the worst case - that I'm *not*, and that I must gain the necessary points as current Marriott Rewards (not from Starwood) points. Being wrong on this would be nice, but I don't want to wait until August to find out.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by pinniped
I was away from FT for 10 days, but it seems like Marriott still hasn't issued a very detailed FAQ about Lifetime status. That internal Q&A thing (with some unanswered questions) looks like a start.

If we can attain LTPP *after* the accounts are merged, then great - I'm LTPP right now based on my Starwood stays. However, I'm just assuming the worst case - that I'm *not*, and that I must gain the necessary points as current Marriott Rewards (not from Starwood) points. Being wrong on this would be nice, but I don't want to wait until August to find out.
Well, you will get different answers from different people on this one. I contacted Marriott by email to ask these questions. The answer they gave me was that only Marriott Rewards data will be used to calculate the LTP status needed under the old rules to qualify for LTPP under the new rules. I think this is what most people posting on these boards are hearing.

I think a lot of this speculation on the boards is actually just wishful linking. It would benefit me, too, to have SPG and MR numbers combined for LTPP in August, but I don't think it will happen. Marriott seems to be keeping multiple databases active at least until Dec. 31, 2018. So they will be able to individually see a person's SPG activity, Marriott activity, and combined activity in the new program until the end of the year.
getagb likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeanie
Well, you will get different answers from different people on this one. I contacted Marriott by email to ask these questions. The answer they gave me was that only Marriott Rewards data will be used to calculate the LTP status needed under the old rules to qualify for LTPP under the new rules. I think this is what most people posting on these boards are hearing.

I think a lot of this speculation on the boards is actually just wishful linking. It would benefit me, too, to have SPG and MR numbers combined for LTPP in August, but I don't think it will happen. Marriott seems to be keeping multiple databases active at least until Dec. 31, 2018. So they will be able to individually see a person's SPG activity, Marriott activity, and combined activity in the new program until the end of the year.
IMHO, "data" and "numbers" it too simplified. They may or may not make a separate decision on nights vs points. It's way less likely that SPG points would count (since they already currently don't count toward Marriott lifetime), it's a little more likely (but still far from certain) that SPG nights might count.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by CJKatl
That would be understandable, but let me ask, have you seen that information from Marriott or are you surmising that because it makes sense? In other words, is that an official statement from Marriott?
I haven't seen that anywhere. I'd just say call it an educated guess based on how the program is structured and how FAQs have been answered to this point. I guess we'll see.
CJKatl likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 8:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lovethoselegs
Called the CSR this morning and confirmed LT points and was quite surprised that I have 75k more LT points than showing on the site. The agent also said I had to end of year to earn the needed points to clear lifetime - not news, but was mentioned on my call.

Can you account for the difference at all? I called and my CSR said my lifetime total was accurate. Another poster mentioned Chase UR points didn’t affect their lifetime count. Any chance you transferred in 75k Chase UR points?
Old May 1, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
confirm life?

I just passed 2 million miles (2,025,000 to be exact), and also have 1205 lifetime nights

My app shows that I am Platinum Premier - but no mention anywhere of "LTPlat". Do I need to do anything to confirm? I meet all the requirements.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

A data item that sticks with me is the statement that we will be "asked to merge" our accounts. Reading between the lines tells me we get to choose to keep the two separate accounts OR merge them into the new program at some point. So if we want to push on to earn a higher status under the old rules, then fine. And once we merge the accounts, then the new rules go into play (including the LT statuses). These early teasers will keep us hooked and not send us running for the next playground.
getagb and mciampa like this.
Old May 1, 2018, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
I just passed 2 million miles (2,025,000 to be exact), and also have 1205 lifetime nights

My app shows that I am Platinum Premier - but no mention anywhere of "LTPlat". Do I need to do anything to confirm? I meet all the requirements.
You highest status will be the one in play at any point in time. LT is actually considered "lower" than earned status and will kick in once your earned status drops below your LT status. If you open your account on the web and go to Overview then click on Details you should see your lifetime status.
getagb likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I was away from FT for 10 days,
So was I recently for a week!!! Are we actually the same person??? Does that make you Brad Pitt and me Ed Norton, or visa versa? And no, not a suspension, just life kept me away.

Originally Posted by RogerD408
You highest status will be the one in play at any point in time. LT is actually considered "lower" than earned status and will kick in once your earned status drops below your LT status. If you open your account on the web and go to!!! Overview then click on Details you should see your lifetime status.
My assumption, though, was for purposes of determining status in the new program if you are presently both LTP and P or PP, while your status is considered a present P or PP you will be among those grandfathered into LTPP status so when you are relying on LT status you will be LTPP. Is there anything indicating that will or will not be the case?
Old May 1, 2018, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Points 1,969,888

30,112 points shy from lifetime plat.

Need to decide how hard I want to push to make it....
Old May 1, 2018, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by getagb
Can you account for the difference at all? I called and my CSR said my lifetime total was accurate.
It's just typical Marriott IT buginess.

Every time there's a Megabonus promo, most people with Marriott elite status can register online, but always some don't have it showing, and have to call up to register.

So there are lots of Marriott IT bugs which affect some Marriott members, but not all of them.

And that's what explains the difference (why you see a correct lifetime total and some other people don't).

I've seen other people post that their lifetime total didn't go up when their last few hotel stays posted (even though their redeemable points total went up). So it clearly is not tied to any one thing like transferring Chase UR points.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr

If you log into your account, click on the blue box in the upper right corner, click on Overview, then click on Details under your current nights total it should bring up a window that shows your lifetime status.

Last edited by Michilander; May 1, 2018 at 1:19 pm Reason: typo
Old May 1, 2018, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by annerj
Points 1,969,888

30,112 points shy from lifetime plat.

Need to decide how hard I want to push to make it....
$95 on one credit card annual fee should do it...
getagb likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by Michilander
If you log into your account, click on the blue box in the upper right corner, click on Overview, then click on Details under your current nights total it should bring up a window that shows your lifetime status.
So long as you are PP or P that will be your overriding status. You will not rely on LTP unless you fall below P, or under the new system in may be P75 where you will rely o LTPP. As a data point, I did not requalify as P for this year having stayed only a dozen or so nights last year. When I go into the site it states P, not LTP, even though I am only at P because of my LTP.
Old May 1, 2018, 5:39 pm

not really

Originally Posted by getagb

Can you account for the difference at all? I called and my CSR said my lifetime total was accurate. Another poster mentioned Chase UR points didn’t affect their lifetime count. Any chance you transferred in 75k Chase UR points?
Not really.

I didn’t ask many questions, but the total difference was just less than 75k and I have only transferred in 6k UR points. I am in the process of meeting minimum spend on the Chase MR CC but haven’t hit it so don’t see that being included.

Once I have my stats planned for rest of the year I will do another UR move to confirm that is still a valid acrual method.
getagb likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.